Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Björk

Featured Replies

On 5/7/2024 at 12:33 AM, John Slayne said:

we're busy streaming Unison 

predicted the discography rate winner :clap3:

  • Replies 440
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Vespertine 

Homogenic

Medulla 

Vulnicura 

Biophillia 

Debut

Volta 

Fossora 

Post 

Utopia 

 

Medulla is kinda my favourite in many ways but idk I love Vespertine and Homogenic so much and I can't really say it's better than them either. I switch between Medulla and Vespertine as my fave a lot too. 

Edited by Mikeymoonshine

20 hours ago, John Slayne said:

predicted the discography rate winner :clap3:

why couldn't you have been busy streaming Sacrifice

 

59xHl6R.thumb.gif.02212e109aadce3c11da5c

56 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

girl

 

i-drew-the-dragon-ball-characters-as-cov

why he kinda...

I've always preferred the Strings-only version of Family but last night the album ver hit... her mind 

question for people who gave DR9 good scores: do you actually enjoy that album or were you just being nice out of respect?

 

ezgif-3b9f15949419cf.thumb.gif.f0c37f855

16 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

question for people who gave DR9 good scores: do you actually enjoy that album or were you just being nice out of respect?

 

ezgif-3b9f15949419cf.thumb.gif.f0c37f855

Gratitude - 7.5
Pearl - 6.5
Ambergis March - 10
Bath - 10
Hunter Vessel - 8
Shimenawa - 6
Vessel Shimenawa - 7
Storm - 10
Holographic Entrypoint - 0
Cetacea - 10
Antarctic Return - 7

 

AMA.

ezgif-3b9f15949419cf.thumb.gif.f0c37f855

 

 

Edited by mellenthin

34 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Gratitude - 7.5
Pearl - 6.5
Ambergis March - 10
Bath - 10
Hunter Vessel - 8
Shimenawa - 6
Vessel Shimenawa - 7
Storm - 10
Holographic Entrypoint - 0
Cetacea - 10
Antarctic Return - 7

 

AMA.

ezgif-3b9f15949419cf.thumb.gif.f0c37f855

 

 

well answer my question :clack:

7 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

well answer my question :clack:

Every 10:

nicki-minaj-nicki-minaj-meme-reaction-vi

 

Hunter Vessel - I just really love the brass. It's epic, and deserved its follow-up Vertebrae by Vertabrae (a 10, mind you).

 

The rest not including holographic sh!thole are kinda meh, but I still find aspects of them I enjoy and respect.

Growing up is accepting DR9 conceals a really great album underneath it all, it's just weighed down by heavy production choices. She went all the way to change lyrics and production to make sure Selmasongs was her own album / vision apart from DITD, I feel with DR9 she compromised a lot with what was Matthew's vision. 

 

Like imagine Gratitude sung by her, Pearl with more production/beats, Hunter Vessel with actual lyrics, I could see even Shimenawa being a sort of mother to Dark Matter, if sung with gibberish and maybe a light electronic production. The album cut of Antarctic Return could have also be a little shorter cause it falls flat after a while, the Shō is honestly not something easy to digest on an audio-only format.

 

Vessel Shimenawa is honestly useless and should have just been a part to Hunter Vessel - excluded from the tracklist in favor of hidden gems like Petrolatum and Nisshin Maru (these two could have used a little tweaks and edits but deserved to be in it). Hell even a definite version of the whole Ice Song/North/Host/Haf/Repose situation deserved a place in it!

 

For as much as ridicule Holographic Entrypoint gets I think it deserved its presence on the album. Of course including the whole 10 minutes of it is honestly too much. The shorter cut/Field Inversion could have been enough.

 

Bath, Cetacea, Ambergris March and Storm are all 10/10 songs!

 

Also, as a bonus: i redesigned its album cover just the other day cause it never sat right with me the fact that it's the only major Björk release not to have her on it

 

5vw9ssh2962f1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, BOAZ said:

Growing up is accepting DR9 conceals a really great album underneath it all, it's just weighed down by heavy production choices. She went all the way to change lyrics and production to make sure Selmasongs was her own album / vision apart from DITD, I feel with DR9 she compromised a lot with what was Matthew's vision. 

 

Like imagine Gratitude sung by her, Pearl with more production/beats, Hunter Vessel with actual lyrics, I could see even Shimenawa being a sort of mother to Dark Matter, if sung with gibberish and maybe a light electronic production. The album cut of Antarctic Return could have also be a little shorter cause it falls flat after a while, the Shō is honestly not something easy to digest on an audio-only format.

 

Vessel Shimenawa is honestly useless and should have just been a part to Hunter Vessel - excluded from the tracklist in favor of hidden gems like Petrolatum and Nisshin Maru (these two could have used a little tweaks and edits but deserved to be in it). Hell even a definite version of the whole Ice Song/North/Host/Haf/Repose situation deserved a place in it!

 

For as much as ridicule Holographic Entrypoint gets I think it deserved its presence on the album. Of course including the whole 10 minutes of it is honestly too much. The shorter cut/Field Inversion could have been enough.

 

Bath, Cetacea, Ambergris March and Storm are all 10/10 songs!

 

Also, as a bonus: i redesigned its album cover just the other day cause it never sat right with me the fact that it's the only major Björk release not to have her on it

 

5vw9ssh2962f1.jpeg

The way you spilled with every word you said, I-

 

:clap3: :clap3: 

 

I still need to see the movie though. Maybe I could even find something redeemable in H*l*gr*ph*c *ntryp**nt.

 

 

31 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Every 10:

nicki-minaj-nicki-minaj-meme-reaction-vi

 

Hunter Vessel - I just really love the brass. It's epic, and deserved its follow-up Vertebrae by Vertabrae (a 10, mind you).

 

The rest not including holographic sh!thole are kinda meh, but I still find aspects of them I enjoy and respect.

 

20 minutes ago, BOAZ said:

Growing up is accepting DR9 conceals a really great album underneath it all, it's just weighed down by heavy production choices. She went all the way to change lyrics and production to make sure Selmasongs was her own album / vision apart from DITD, I feel with DR9 she compromised a lot with what was Matthew's vision. 

 

Like imagine Gratitude sung by her, Pearl with more production/beats, Hunter Vessel with actual lyrics, I could see even Shimenawa being a sort of mother to Dark Matter, if sung with gibberish and maybe a light electronic production. The album cut of Antarctic Return could have also be a little shorter cause it falls flat after a while, the Shō is honestly not something easy to digest on an audio-only format.

 

Vessel Shimenawa is honestly useless and should have just been a part to Hunter Vessel - excluded from the tracklist in favor of hidden gems like Petrolatum and Nisshin Maru (these two could have used a little tweaks and edits but deserved to be in it). Hell even a definite version of the whole Ice Song/North/Host/Haf/Repose situation deserved a place in it!

 

For as much as ridicule Holographic Entrypoint gets I think it deserved its presence on the album. Of course including the whole 10 minutes of it is honestly too much. The shorter cut/Field Inversion could have been enough.

 

Bath, Cetacea, Ambergris March and Storm are all 10/10 songs!

 

Also, as a bonus: i redesigned its album cover just the other day cause it never sat right with me the fact that it's the only major Björk release not to have her on it

 

5vw9ssh2962f1.jpeg

i can hear some redeemable qualities in individual songs but none of them are really giving me a '10/10' vibes and as a whole the album is just a hot mess to me. it just cannot be compared to any of her studio albums that are just much more polished, focused, and everything feels more intentional. with DR9 it just sounds like her and Matthew Barney wanted to be interesting for the sake of it

 

funnily enough I thought Petrolatum was the best song off the project and it's not even on the album :rip:

Edited by John Slayne

Strange I haven't seen @Cruel Summer commenting on the results of the rate, but I think he will be satisfied given the Vespertine rightful slayage. Love to read your detailed posts fully appreciating every aspect of Björk's music. :heart2: 

10 minutes ago, Ger said:

Strange I haven't seen @Cruel Summer commenting on the results of the rate, but I think he will be satisfied given the Vespertine rightful slayage. Love to read your detailed posts fully appreciating every aspect of Björk's music. :heart2: 

Life has just peeled me away from commenting - lots of things going on, but mother Guðmundsdóttir is the main soundtrack to all of it and I am very happy to see Vespertine killing it (but a little sad Hyperballad wasn't #1) :gayorkcat3:

5 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Biophilia has more streams than Medulla, WHY?

 

oCvN4Oc.png

its as Gjöð intended :alexz:

why are there multipule version pf teh same album on there tho? like debut? wot

1 minute ago, flower moon said:

why are there multipule version pf teh same album on there tho? like debut? wot

it's too iconic

 

F4aFAXBXgAEE0F3.gif.76d8b07b0ba19dd1bea6e678a35d2d91.thumb.gif.b4895064d936f27c32d81f63df63deda.gif

11 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Biophilia has more streams than Medulla, WHY?

and Fossora 

 

arifn13-girl.gif

Summer always reminds me of discovering Björk's full discography for the first time 10 years ago. I will never find an album as skipless as Homogenic. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.