Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

grammy talk again, she's nowhere to be seen, still no announcement… where's the empty wilko lady :suburban:

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

14 hours ago, Fleahive said:

That lady has laser vision. She was reading tiny posters from far away and spotted Frank in a crowd full of bwinks. She wears them because she doesn't want us to catch the spirit of Sasha fierce in her eyes like we did at the superbowl. That's also why she ignores fans with their phones out. I know that heifer looked away every time I pulled out my phone with her hatin ass. 

Idk why she doesn't want Sasha Fierce to possess her again. We would've had ACT III and the visuals by now if she did!

:deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, king_queen said:

Fine. Then sit and sing.
 

Either way it's a bs excuse. Her knee has nothing to do with the sound that comes out of her mouth. She didn't perform at the Grammys bc she didn't want to. I'm surprised after everything we've been through as a fan base that we are thinking ANYTHING different :biblio:

Exactly if MJ can lip sync while sitting in a  chair and get a standing ovation then Beyoncé could've done the same to Virgos Groove without even lipping!

 

Chilllle....this drought is something. 

 

I keep coming back to the thread hoping for a morsel of something and yet...nada. While I understand and agree with the Jan 14 delay, it of course would happen to us. The torture of it all lol.

 

Worse still, I'm jarred by the highly likely reality that the eventual announcement may just be the tour. Of course, I'll be perched, in attendance etc. But it would admittedly be a little underwhelming (in the grand scheme of what "could be"). It would the longest drip feed for the expected ever lol). 

 

I was actually quite excited by the prospect of a stadium residency or a rodeo festival, as seemed the be the case with the semi-reliable rumors of residency-like stadium dates in Paris and London (for those that follow Usher, kinda sorta what he's doing with his current arena tour). But seeing SongKick leak all those spot dates like Chicago etc makes clear that this is almost certainly her "usual" stadium run. 

 

The only thing that will genuinely gag me at this point is if it really is for Act III and the announcement is some kind of "Album. Movie. Tour" all at once announcement. 

 

I'll take whatever I'm given, but I'm honestly floored at anyone wanting a CC-focal anything in 2025. It was monumental in the ways it was and all that jazz. But in Jan 2025, it really feels like the moment has passed, with Halftime being the perfect closer.

 

I'm really into marketing and looking at the album/era as a "product", the only way to "reheat" its momentum would be to drop a deluxe or something else "new" in the CC world (like the CC visuals). That or she really is set to win at the Grammys (and has been given preceding intel about it), so would naturally stand to benefit from the organic coverage around the album.

 

We'll see. 

Beyonce must be scared of expanding her gigantic fandom if she don't release act 3 and all the visuals together at once. 

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

Exactly if MJ can lip sync while sitting in a  chair and get a standing ovation then Beyoncé could've done the same to Virgos Groove without even lipping!

 

She literally did exactly this while singing VG 

 

Actually She did even less and was laying down lol 

I like Alligator Tears.  Perhaps the dark horse of the album, even.  But y'all deserve to be banned for asking for that to be a GRAMMY performed song. 

 

:khalyan2:

 

American Requiem or bust.  Perfect song for this moment in history, encapsulates the theme of the entire album, and could be her best vocal performance ever on the GRAMMYs stage. 

On 1/24/2025 at 1:12 PM, PrettyHurts said:

they play a clip of an earlier version of BTINH in the studio at 7:30. This song went through a lot of production changes

 

 

 

 

here them saying itg and auiym were finished like a week before release idk if he means the tracklist reveal or the album cause if it was the album that plant producing the cds and the vinyls was in hell

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

Exactly if MJ can lip sync while sitting in a  chair and get a standing ovation then Beyoncé could've done the same to Virgos Groove without even lipping!

 

she already did that tho :giraffe:

 

3 hours ago, king_queen said:

Mind you, a mere two weeks before the 2023 Grammys she gave a whole performance in Dubai :biblio:

 

And honestly for what she gave us on Cuff It during the RWT she could've done the exact same thing on the Grammy stage, injury and all :sistrens:

Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm actually glad she skipped that Grammy performance we wanted so badly in 2023.

 

Two reasons really. 

 

Firstly, much as I will continually will her an AOTY win (as long as she keeps submitting), I think she has to continue to play hardball and assert her value/premium when it comes to performing. Beyond the meritocracy of her music actually deserving the win, I also always look at shows like the Grammys from the lens of a producer and ratings. Here you have a whole Beyonce, the preeminent performer of her time, undoubtedly willing to shake her cakes on stage...as long as you make it clear to her that it will be worth her while (aka heads up on the win)...and yet...you don't. Knowing full well that if you scratch her back, she will more than deliver when scratching yours back (with an epic performance that will absolutely be a ratings magnet). We all vent our frustrations from a music quality standpoint, but the snubs are almost wilder when you put into context how much the Grammys stand to gain from doing right by her purely from a television/ratings/capturing the cultural zeitgeist perspective.

 

Second, and slightly more controversial, Bey factually wasn't in peak stage condition until the start of the Rennie tour and even then she needed almost the entire Euro leg (pre Paris and London) to get her mojo back. I'm not part of the branch of the Hive that clap for everything she does "just because". I'd much rather "no" Grammy performance in 2023, rather than anything that was not up to par for the high standard she has set for herself. I don't wanna see Bey standing still and the circus happening *around* her latter Britney-style. No maaam. Oscars worked for what it was but I'm never manifesting that for Bey on a stage like the Grammys. Seeing her tap into Sasha again at Halftime is what I wanna see and I would always opt for her to hold off performing unless she's willing draw on more of that. 

11 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

she already did that tho :giraffe:

 

I was about to say damn this performance is even worse than I remember until I finally realized halfway through that this was the dress rehearsal :deadbanana2: 

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I like Alligator Tears.  Perhaps the dark horse of the album, even.  But y'all deserve to be banned for asking for that to be a GRAMMY performed song. 

 

:khalyan2:

 

American Requiem or bust.  Perfect song for this moment in history, encapsulates the theme of the entire album, and could be her best vocal performance ever on the GRAMMYs stage. 

Don't nobody want to listen to Beyoncé say lookathere for three minutes until the song actually picks up let's be serious :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, mariposa said:

I was about to say damn this performance is even worse than I remember until I finally realized halfway through that this was the dress rehearsal :deadbanana2: 

Was the actual performance any better? 

2 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

Was the actual performance any better? 

beyonce-covers-up-backstage-at-grammys-2014-with-jay-z-02.jpg

 

a picture says 1000 words

 

6 minutes ago, king_queen said:

Don't nobody want to listen to Beyoncé say lookathere for three minutes until the song actually picks up let's be serious :deadbanana2:

She'd obviously edit it for the live rendition :giraffe:

10 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

beyonce-covers-up-backstage-at-grammys-2014-with-jay-z-02.jpg

 

a picture says 1000 words

 

She'd obviously edit it for the live rendition :giraffe:

The way I was so mad at her for this performance. What I find even more confusing is what SHE didn't like about it given that the rehearsal was basically the same thing lol :ace:.

 

I get that DIL was always served up lo-fi (even its music video was chill), but this performance creative (or lack there of), was just not it. 

 

Bad decisions happen, so she need not be crucified. But I vividly remember thinking "WTF?!" It was her first big televised performance after the surprise album and the song was basically viral and THAT was they came up with?

 

Imagine a DIL-Dubai esque moment coming from that. It would have been EPIC. Instead, we got this nonsense. 

I actually like the Drunk in Love performance. She already explained in the ST documentary that Drunk in Love is about having fun, feeling sexy and she doesn't envision a big production for it. I feel like the Grammy performance is just that and she exudes star power in it. It's cute and it helped the song in the charts, so it did it's thing. 

42 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

beyonce-covers-up-backstage-at-grammys-2014-with-jay-z-02.jpg

 

 

im sure this was on loop in her mind during that moment

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

The way I was so mad at her for this performance. What I find even more confusing is what SHE didn't like about it given that the rehearsal was basically the same thing lol :ace:.

 

I get that DIL was always served up lo-fi (even its music video was chill), but this performance creative (or lack there of), was just not it. 

 

Bad decisions happen, so she need not be crucified. But I vividly remember thinking "WTF?!" It was her first big televised performance after the surprise album and the song was basically viral and THAT was they came up with?

 

Imagine a DIL-Dubai esque moment coming from that. It would have been EPIC. Instead, we got this nonsense. 

I personally think she was feeling a bit self-conscious and nervous on stage.  ST was a huge image change and career pivot, and she was in front of people she'd known for 15+ years at that point.  The industry often touted her as the "classy" girl in a sexist way to tear down the more sexually risque performers.

14 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I personally think she was feeling a bit self-conscious and nervous on stage.  ST was a huge image change and career pivot, and she was in front of people she'd known for 15+ years at that point.  The industry often touted her as the "classy" girl in a sexist way to tear down the more sexually risque performers.

When you put it like that, I actually didn't consider the fact that performers will ultimately have a reaction TO the reaction they receive from the audience.

 

Like you said, maybe looking out the audience of her peers (while in her head about the new performance style) she felt it didn't resonate and felt a way upon leaving the stage. 

 

Whatever the case, hated it lol. 

1 hour ago, Joaco95 said:

 

 

🧍🏾‍♀️

 

 

"Don't hurt the knee, just shake the cheeks

Don't hurt the knee, just shake the cheeks

. . . I still don't know what to do with vis-

Don't hurt the knee, just shake the cheeks"

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.