Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 hour ago, Brikenbur said:

She has to do something between now and let's just say October… right?

no lol

did y'all forget the REN era was radio silence from August-February when she announced the tour? 

• Replies 114.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

My top 10 

Heated 

Formation 

Virgo's Groove

Rocket 

Alien Superstar 

Dance For You

Upgrade U

Cozy

Tyrant 

Find Your Way Back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

Y'all better get into this summer bop

I looooooove this song, it's been so long since I listened 

:jonny:

If she wasn't going to tour, she really should've done a few festivals. She is semi retiring isn't she? Just music and tour and that's all we getting. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Baby Boy 

Me Myself and I 

Upgrade U 

Find Your Way Back 

Dance For You 

Partition 

Haunted 

Formation 

Heated 

Virgo's Groove 

No particular order. 

spacer.png

Edited by BGKC

Posted (edited)

Every time I listen to  Buckiin or II Hands II Heaven, Andrea Kelly's choreo is  vividly emblazoned in my mind   :rip: help

I hope this isn't my only visual cue for this era in my memory bank.

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts

I think this is my first post in here. I'm a lurker and Bey is one of my many favs.

Anyways just stopping to say last night I had a dream where she made a long IG post explaining that she would be retiring from music but is releasing the BODYGUARD video as a final goodbye :rip: 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, brutal said:

Anyways just stopping to say last night I had a dream where she made a long IG post explaining that she would be retiring from music but is releasing the BODYGUARD video as a final goodbye :rip: 

that wasn't a dream :suburban:

22 minutes ago, brutal said:

I think this is my first post in here. I'm a lurker and Bey is one of my many favs.

not her tribute to Julius as the grand finale 

since cc is flopping worse than the gift, im now a i am sasha fierce stan, her peak commercial era :giraffe:

gonna write and post a biased review later

1 hour ago, Joaco95 said:

since cc is flopping worse than the gift, im now a i am sasha fierce stan, her peak commercial era :giraffe:

gonna write and post a biased review later

Sis, CC has sold over a million units in the US lol 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

The overreaction from hive is just something else...yikes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kingdom said:

The overreaction from hive is just something else...yikes

They want Bey to be a flop so bad

*sigh* I can't articulate the frustration and disappointment that I feel at Ya Ya's ending like…..I just sit in silence wondering how such a rough and abrupt and unsatisfying edit could've made it thru like this. I just- :psyduck:

• Thanks 7

22 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

*sigh* I can't articulate the frustration and disappointment that I feel at Ya Ya's ending like…..I just sit in silence wondering how such a rough and abrupt and unsatisfying edit could've made it thru like this. I just- :psyduck:

because you're not listening to it in order like beady bey intended because "OH LOUISIANA" is such a psychedelic trip :psyduck:

6 hours ago, Shelter said:

If she wasn't going to tour, she really should've done a few festivals. She is semi retiring isn't she? Just music and tour and that's all we getting. 

No, you're getting a shampoo as well 

4 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

2 hours ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

They want Bey to be a flop so bad

1 hour ago, Hallad173 said:

didnt the :giraffe: felt sarcastic?

Okay, here is my very biased review of IASF (I wanna apologize if there is any grammatical error as english is not my mother language and I don't believe I'm that good at it)

spacer.png

The standard:

I am...

Spoiler

spacer.png

If I Were a Boy 9/10
Good ballad, the spirit of B'Day was the day it was recorded 'cause gworl, she was LOUD on those choruses. The lil bridge always got me emotional.
"If you thought I would wait for you, you thought wrong"
Also she gave us this iconic performance :cm::

Halo 10/10
This is THE ballad, her IWALY (poor Listen), the quinceañera and wedding anthem. Thank God she snatched this from Leona Lewis.
I used to be done with this song as it was always closing her shows since the I Am…Tour but I really enjoy the studio version. The synths kinda ruins the whole mood but they would put them in every single song back in the day.

Disappear 10/10
Sometimes I miss Popyoncé for songs like this. They always talk about how she doesn't have soul, relatable songs or is vulnerable (until Lemonade) but this song speaks to my soul fr fr, always has been my fave (along with Satellites) from the I am side.
That bridge and her vocals on the last part.:jonny:

Broken-Hearted Girl 8.5/10
The synths ruins the whole song, it sounds really dated thanks to that (it's a 2008 song after all). 
The demo piano-only production by Babyface sounds a lot better, but Beyoncé delivers a really great vocal showcase that save this cute song.

Ave Maria 7.5/10
I have to be on the mood for this song. Again those synth strings really sounds outdated and drags this songs. Lyrics are cute but this always hits me (specially a few months ago when I finally understood the song):
"Sometimes love can come and pass you by
While you're busy making plans
Suddenly hits you and then you realize
It's out of your hands
Baby, you got to understand"

It can be a beautiful song but we could survive without it. Genius from her to mix it with Angel and Ave Maria for the I Am… Tour.

Satellites 9/10
I'm very biased on this score (well, the whole album score lmao) but I really REALLY love this song. They way she took the demo (listen here), changed some lyrics to make it more romantic (the original ones was not that sweet), stripped the production and gave a solid vocals (her vibrato damn).
I understand that some people find this song boring (slow paced, simple lyrics) but I really love it and has been my fave since release (well, maybe from the first time I bought the album with my brother back in the day and we listened in our stereo).
The only fully recorded performance from the tour (before she decided to take it out) is really really REALLY great, much better than the I Am… Yours.

Sasha Fierce

Spoiler

spacer.png

Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it) 9/10
I'm tired of this song (I'm really grateful she doesn't sing it anymore on tour) but this is really timeless, a great song, fun, every knows the choreography. 
I remember reading meh comment about the song when it was released but their opinions changed thanks to the video (VOTY for a reason).
I don't have too much words about this ICONIC song.

Radio 9/10
NOW I know you all will hate me 'cause I know y'all hate this song.
Sorry but I really love it, the production is really great (I really love the instrumental), the lyrics are really fun and carefree, actually the whole carefree mood/feeling about this song is what really enjoy. Kinda too long tho (the tour version length is perfect).
I remember users from Beyonce Spain forums saying this could had been a hit if only was released as an European single, but we will never know.
Also, is Solange approved.

"I think I'm in love with my radio, 'cause it never lets me down"

spacer.png

Diva 8.5/10
Aged badly , poor man's A Mili, there is a reason was almost out of the Renaissance World Tour setlist, but she's been able to rework this song so many times to make it fresh.
Some lyrics are kinda cringy tho, but other slays (and still applys to her own persona)

"Stop the track, let me state facts
I told you gimme a minute, and I'll be right back"
"Since 15 in my stilettos, been strutting in this game"

"How you gon' be talking ****?

Shawty you just got up in it
How you gon' hold up a belt 
When we know you ain't even winning"

spacer.png

Beautiful Nightmare Sweet Dreams 10/10
Overrated. I Hate it. Pop Perfection. 

Videophone 8/10
It used to be my jam. I remember waiting to hear this song in full from the Diva MV preview 'cause it sounded so good. I put it in the same place as Ave Maria, we could survive without this song on the album, BUT I really enjoy it and makes me feel puta and like a OF creator, Savage Remix big sis I guess.

"Shawty, what your name is? :chick1:"

The Bonus Tracks

Spoiler

Save The Hero 8/10
I used to dislike this song A LOT, like I would always forget this song exists lmao
I know is kinda fan favorite but I'm not too fond on it. I now kinda like it, I still find the lyrics kinda corny but I guess it was her Hero (or I Was Here big ugly sister).
I don't like the production.

Why Don't You Love Me 10/10
Oh wow

This song is so B'Day coded.

Poison 7.5/10
Aretha Franklin Shade GIF
How did this made the cut but not Control?
cute but dated asf the bridge ates a bit tho

Deluxe Edition Tracks

Spoiler

spacer.png

I Am...

Smash Into You 10/10
oh wow, if Halo was THE ballad (from the standard edition) this is THEE ballad from the Deluxe.
Perfect production, perfect vocals and the lyrics are really good. There is nothing wrong about this song and the arrangement for the tour takes it to another.
The last chorus with the "I'm willin' to run-run-run-run, oh, oh" are angelical.
Thank God she stole this song from that unknown singer.

That's Why You're Beautiful 8.5/10
idk lyrics are simple and corny asf, but the production ates and the guitar on the background sounds so good.
I guess she used to love this song 'cause it was used a lot as credits back in the IASF era. The live version mashup with Beautiful Ones is *chef's kiss* (damn you Prince).
Love the drums on the demo (listen here).
A lil update and this could sound fresh on CC.

*Warning: Loud Sound*

spacer.png
Sasha Fierce

Hello 10/10
Best song on the deluxe edition.
She went really hard in every date of the I Am… Tour on this song.
Nothing much to say.

Ego 8/10
Eh.
I have to be in the mood, but it's a fun song ngl.
"Some call it arrogant, I call it confident"

Scared of Lonely 10/10
I wasn't going to give it a 10 because I'm giving too much high scores but my credibility went away with the Radio score, so
This song, damn, I hate how she take it out of the I Am… Tour setlist because the only professional recording performance we have is from the I Am… Yours shows and that wasn't her best performance.
Synths makes this songs sounds dated (but just a bit, as most of the album) but I can forgive it because the whole song production and vocals are so sooo good.

Score and final thoughts

Spoiler

Standar Edition: 8.9

Standar + Bonus Tracks: 8.8

Deluxe Edition (no bonus tracks incluided): 9

Overall Score:8.9

Well. Is not a bad album, I guess people wanted another B'Day but she never makes the same thing twice and decide to go with the early trend of this pop song with "modern" synths and stuff.

I used to skip most of the album and prefer B'Day but right now I think I enjoy I Am...Sasha Fierce more. I do think I gave too many high scores lmao but I really really enjoy this album and as a hard fan I can't give any bad score to her songs.
I do think this albums is a solid 7.5 or 8 for the standard and maybe 8.5 for the deluxe.

I'm so conflicted with the deluxe track on the Sasha Fierce side tho, as their lyrics themes fits with the I Am... side but not their sound, but I guess there were too many "ballads" on that side and decided to put them there and I bet the Hello/Scared of Lonely type of songs would be the whole sound of the album if it wasn't for the two sides theme she went for (more lay back ballads for her true persona and powerful uptempos and strong beats for her alter ego) as unreleased songs like Control or Slow Love (another love song) has this pop sound from that age (still mad Control was not on this album).

Anywaysss I know you're gonna drag me left and right but she can't make no bad albums. :cm:

This album is truly underrated.

spacer.png

Edited by Joaco95
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

Okay, here is my very biased review of IASF (I wanna apologize if there is any grammatical error as english is not my mother language and I don't believe I'm that good at it)

spacer.png

The standard:

I am...

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

If I Were a Boy 9/10
Good ballad, the spirit of B'Day was the day it was recorded 'cause gworl, she was LOUD on those verses. The lil bridge always got me emotional.

Halo 10/10
This is THE ballad, her IWALY (poor Listen), the quinceañera and wedding anthem. Thank God she snatched this from Leona Lewis.
I used to be done with this song as it was always closing her shows since the I Am…Tour but I really enjoy the studio version. The synths kinda ruins the whole mood but they would put them in every single song back in the day.

Disappear 10/10
Sometimes I miss Popyoncé for songs like this. They always talk about how she doesn't have soul, relatable songs or is vulnerable (until Lemonade) but this song speaks to my soul fr fr, always has been my fave (along with Satellites) from the I am side.
That bridge and her vocals on the last part.

The synths ruins the whole song, it sounds really dated thanks to that (it's a 2008 song after all). 
The demo piano-only production by Babyface sounds a lot better, but Beyoncé delivers a really great vocal showcase that save this cute song.

Ave Maria 7.5/10
I have to be on the mood for this song. Again those synth strings really sounds outdated and drags this songs. Lyrics are cute but this always hits me (specially a few months ago when I finally understood the song):
It's out of your hands

It can be a beautiful song but we could survive without it. Genius from her to mix it with Angel and Ave Maria for the I Am… Tour.

Satellites 9/10
I'm very biased on this score (well, the whole album score lmao) but I really REALLY love this song. They way she took the demo (listen here), changed some lyrics to make it more romantic (the original ones was not that sweet), stripped the production and gave a solid vocals (her vibrato damn).
I understand that some people find this song boring (slow paced, simple lyrics) but I really love it and has been my fave since release (well, maybe from the first time I bought the album with my brother back in the day and we listened in our stereo).
The only fully recorded performance from the tour (before she decided to take it out) is really really REALLY great, much better than the I Am… Yours.

Sasha Fierce

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

I'm tired of this song (I'm really grateful she doesn't sing it anymore on tour) but this is really timeless, a great song, fun, every knows the choreography. 
I remember reading meh comment about the song when it was released but their opinions changed thanks to the video (VOTY for a reason).

Radio 9/10
Sorry but I really love it, the production is really great (I really love the instrumental), the lyrics are really fun and carefree, actually the whole carefree mood/feeling about this song is what really enjoy. Kinda too long tho (the tour version length is perfect).
I remember users from Beyonce Spain forums saying this could had been a hit if only was released as an European single, but we will never know.

spacer.png

Diva 8.5/10
Aged badly , poor man's A Mili, there is a reason was almost out of the Renaissance World Tour setlist, but she's been able to rework this song so many times to make it fresh.
Some lyrics are kinda cringy tho, but other slays (and still applys to her own persona)

spacer.png

Videophone 8/10
It used to be my jam. I remember waiting to hear this song in full from the Diva MV preview 'cause it sounded so good. I put it in the same place as Ave Maria, we could survive without this song on the album, BUT I really enjoy it and makes me feel puta and like a OF creator, Savage Remix big sis I guess.

The Bonus Tracks

Reveal hidden contents

Save The Hero 8/10
I used to dislike this song A LOT, like I would always forget this song exists lmao
I know is kinda fan favorite but I'm not too fond on it. I now kinda like it, I still find the lyrics kinda corny but I guess it was her Hero (or I Was Here big ugly sister).

Oh wow

Poison 7.5/10

Deluxe Edition Tracks

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

I Am...

Smash Into You 10/10
oh wow, if Halo was THE ballad (from the standard edition) this is THEE ballad from the Deluxe.
Perfect production, perfect vocals and the lyrics are really good. There is nothing wrong about this song and the arrangement for the tour takes it to another.
The last chorus with the "I wanna run-wanna run-wanna run, oh, oh" are angelical.

idk lyrics are simple and corny asf, but the production ates and the guitar on the background sounds so good.
I guess she used to love this song 'cause it was used a lot as credits back in the IASF era. The live version mashup with Beautiful Ones is *chef's kiss* (damn you Prince).

spacer.png
Sasha Fierce

Hello 10/10
Nothing much to say.

Ego 8/10
Eh.

Scared of Lonely 10/10
I wasn't going give it a 10 because I'm giving too much high scores but my credibility went away with the Radio score, so
This song, damn, I hate how she take it out of the I Am… Tour setlist because the only professional recording performance we have is from the I Am… Yours shows and that wasn't her best performance.
Synths makes this songs sounds dated (but just a bit, as most of the album) but I can forgive it because the whole song production and vocals are so sooo good.

Score and final thoughts

Reveal hidden contents

Well. Is not a bad album, I guess people wanted another B'Day but she never makes the same thing twice and decide to go with the early trend of this pop song with "modern" synths and stuff.

I used to skip most of the album and prefer B'Day but right now I think I enjoy I Am...Sasha Fierce more. I do think I gave too many high scores lmao but I really really enjoy this album and as a hard fan I can't give any bad score to her songs.
I do think this albums is a solid 7.5 or 8 for the standard and maybe 8.5 for the deluxe.

I'm so conflicted with the deluxe track on the Sasha Fierce side tho, as their lyrics themes fits with the I Am... side but not their sound, but I guess there were too many "ballads" on that side and decided to put them there and I bet the Hello/Scared of Lonely type of songs would be the whole sound of the album if it wasn't for the two sides theme she went for (more lay back ballads for her true persona and powerful uptempos and strong beats for her alter ego) as unreleased songs like Control or Slow Love (another love song) has this pop sound from that age (still mad Control was not on this album).

Anywaysss I know you're gonna drag me left and right but she can't make no bad albums. :cm:

spacer.png

You definitely gave sis a higher scare than she's seen since 2009🤣🤣! It's not that this is a bad album. This is actually the album that made me take a closer look at her. DIL is complete trash, BD is a dated mess, but it holds some high points. IASF is the first time she and Mathew tried to cement her into a legendary status and not create an IT girl era. 

The problem with the album, it's deluxe and platinum printing is the concept is weighing down the track list. Not only for the sake of a gimmick, but to appeal to a broader audience (white ppl), while alienating her core fan base to spending unnecessary money to piece tracks together in the midst of Bushes recession. I believe the album would be well understood without being broken up into 2 disk and hoarding the most basic pop duds. 

I believe the songs that have stood the test of time are strong enough to tell the two budding sides of her on & off stage and carry in a sensible track list. 

• Single Ladies

• Diva 

• Halo

• Sweet Dream

• Hello

• Ego

• Disappear 

• If I Were A Boy

• Smash Into You

• That's Shy You're Beautiful 

• Why Don't You Love Me

BONIS TRACKS 

• Radio

• Video Phone (Gaga)

• Ego (Kanye)

I think the videos made up for the lack of music quality for some videos. The IA World Tour definitely was a step into what we know as Beyoncé. It's like she was moving into her own vision of r her career FINALLY! 

I think her label and team reimagined "4" to have something to stream after the Super Bowl and for the earlier shows of TMCSWT, but till this day IASF needs to reworked digitally. Had it been corrected for its release, I could see it bypassing BD for some of the hive. There's too many optics killing the entirety of the album, but it's definitely the era labels should look to when trying crossover artist without going too far. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yonsé said:

no lol

did y'all forget the REN era was radio silence from August-February when she announced the tour? 

Wrong! We got Dubai <3

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

spacer.png

The standard:

I am...

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

If I Were a Boy 9/10
Good ballad, the spirit of B'Day was the day it was recorded 'cause gworl, she was LOUD on those verses. The lil bridge always got me emotional.

Halo 10/10

Disappear 10/10
That bridge and her vocals on the last part.

Ave Maria 7.5/10
It's out of your hands

Satellites 9/10

Sasha Fierce

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Radio 9/10

spacer.png

Diva 8.5/10

spacer.png

Videophone 8/10

The Bonus Tracks

Reveal hidden contents

Save The Hero 8/10

Oh wow

Poison 7.5/10

Deluxe Edition Tracks

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

I Am...

Smash Into You 10/10
The last chorus with the "I'm willin' to run-run-run-run, oh, oh" are angelical.

spacer.png
Sasha Fierce

Hello 10/10
Nothing much to say.

Ego 8/10
Eh.

Scared of Lonely 10/10
I wasn't going give it a 10 because I'm giving too much high scores but my credibility went away with the Radio score, so

Score and final thoughts

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Your English was very good and you described everything in great detail. I appreciated it… Even though I still feel IASF is still her worst :khalyan:

I just think it had the potential to be a complete futuristic experience that was tainted with soulless mechanical drums and strings on the I Am half that rendered it dated. I just feel was a better way to strip everything down and make it an interesting/timeless listening experience (and I've said this numerous times already in here)

You also spilled with Radio, the production on this is soooo underrated. 

I also remember her saying Satellites was her favorite song to record on IASF. So random and forgotten, but a sweet song nonetheless. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TizTiz said:

it's deluxe and platinum printing is the concept is weighing down the track list. Not only for the sake of a gimmick, but to appeal to a broader audience (white ppl)

I don't think she was going for the yt ppl but more an international appeal and r&b was going out and synth pop/dance was starting to take their place on the charts (early examples are Kat DeLuna with Whine Up, Rihanna with GGGB Britney with Blackout and TPCD with When I Grow Up).

Darkchill, StarGate and RedOne were the it producers.

I was reading reviews from that time and they were brutal :deadbanana: basically they expected another B'Day but they were mad when she switched to pop trends, when they wanted her to be this "unique and original" person as if she was some indie obscure artist lmao

• Like 1

keep it classy, let me love you like a lady yeeahhh... :katie2:

I've been playing cc a lot after taking like a month off and the vocals are hitting me like a ton of bricks :jonny5:she's seriously one of the best vocalists in pop history. the richness of her lower register on this album is INSANE. She always had the ability to hit low notes bc of her deep voice but now that she's older and more comfortable hitting them they are so incredible 

• Like 3

IASF was a necessary album in retrospect, but it's definitely one of her worst. A 9/10 score in 2024 is wild, but to each its own.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.