Beyoncé

Kisuke

Anyway, I think this era and how she has handled it is absolutely iconic, and even just having the music has been a gift...it's by far her most cohesive, start-to-finish consumable album of her career, and is the culmination of an idea she's tried to prove throughout the 2010s: that albums are works of art. Here, she took the thing she used to facilitate that (videos) out of the equation as true proof of concept: yes, albums are works of art.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

• Replies 114.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

2 minutes ago, swissman said:

I can get why that might be frustrating, but I still think at least half of that (if not way more) is done to oneself. If she's edging with no lube, people are stroking far longer than they need to be and with very little encouragement from Bey.

The few things she's said about the visuals ("a queen moves at her own pace" and "you are the visuals") are anti-tease, a call to let her do her thing, to acknowledge that they will be ready when they are ready.

Like I said, I’ve enjoyed the era, regardless of it being kinda dry. But I can understand why people are frustrated. And while some it may be self-induced, it’s ultimately coming from a place of love (hopefully). My point is to let people feel how they feel and keep it moving. 

1 hour ago, Kingdom said:

half of what you said makes the other half does not. Bey has a 25 year old career, her core fanbase from day will never leave her. They are not the ones crying on atrl for visuals and obsessed with chart performances. Bey's music means something to them and they find her artistic output reliable. That is what you need to have to have the type of longevity bey does. Because her cose base will stick with her no matter the changes in the industry and she worked her ass off to secure that base. The dua lipa and billie of the worlds will come and eventually go but bey will remain has she has been for 25 years.

Whew drag me I needed that. Thank you

If she did all the things people wanted her to do, they'd end up bored and she'd end up like Katy Perry

20 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

Like I said, I’ve enjoyed the era, regardless of it being kinda dry. But I can understand why people are frustrated. And while some it may be self-induced, it’s ultimately coming from a place of love (hopefully). My point is to let people feel how they feel and keep it moving. 

I agree that people should be able to say how they feel, but also think the feelings of those just trying to have a good time discussing Beyoncé (good or bad) should be accepted too, even if that is in the form of disagreeing with the constant negativity.

I just think that though people can complain if they want, for THEIR SAKE (not even for the rest of us) they might better enjoy the era if they looked at it a different way or simply stopped expecting things. I'm not sure why anyone would want to remain in a state of upset. If that's what they want, okay, but is that really what they want?

It feels like since Beyoncé announced OTRII and then released EIL, this base has not gotten out of a state of "I know better than Beyoncé and since she's not doing what I want I'm going to drag her". We don't take such things from other people in others thread, why should we here, you know?

Edited by swissman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, swissman said:

I agree that people should be able to say how they feel, but also think the feelings of those just trying to have a good time discussing Beyoncé (good or bad) should be accepted too, even if that is in the form of disagreeing with the constant negativity.

I just think though people can complain if they want, that for THEIR SAKE (not even for the rest of us) they might better enjoy the era if they just looked at it a different way. I'm not sure why anyone would want to remain in a state of upset. If that's what they want, okay, but is that really what they want?

It feels like since Beyoncé announced OTRII and then released EIL, this base has not gotten out of a state of "I know better than Beyoncé and since she's not doing what I want I'm going to drag her". We don't take such things from other people in others thread, why should we hear, you know?

Yeah…you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. :cm:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gisellecarter4 said:

Good jump from #17

• Like 1

I don’t think any of the “meltdowns” are serious. We just love to exaggerate for comedy and it’s all coming from a good place. Now things get funnier when  Kiss Ass Hive swarm the Base writing paragraphs calling us bad fans :lmao: 

The fact remains that this has been a boring era and fans deal with that differently 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

From where I see it, we've been getting fed? Different perspectives, I guess.

• Like 3

As a casual Beyoncé fan, I think she’s feeding you guys atm. The tour is absolutely insane and renaissance was a moment. The fact she’s still on this kind of A game this far into her career is astounding, she’s still giving debut era stamina two decades in :flame:

• Like 6

I just watched Homecoming again... it's been 5 years and I still can't get over how good that show is. What a collapse.

• Like 1

She could've easily given us the Gift/Ren singles/greatest hits tour and skipped stuff like POTS or Energy but she went the risky route and is performing the ENTIRE ALBUM while skipping some of the obvious massive hits like Single Ladies or Halo that the gp could've been expecting. Literally who else is doing that 25 years into their career? Fans are getting fed with a near 3 hour show that is all about celebrating this entire body of art. Except Thique. Sorry Thique fans.

19 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

As a casual Beyoncé fan, I think she’s feeding you guys atm. The tour is absolutely insane and renaissance was a moment. The fact she’s still on this kind of A game this far into her career is astounding, she’s still giving debut era stamina two decades in :flame:

Yeah, it’s a big reason why I don’t actually think she’s been stingy this era if the actual stuff we are getting is still of very high quality. And super well executed to boot imo

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

That's where i'm at too as a fan. This woman once said she would almost retire at 30 and she debuted when she was a child so she could have done it if she wanted. Instead she stayed working hard because fans motivated her to go longer. Now that she is finally taking it slow like she always said she would around that age, some act surprised. Let's not forget there are 3 acts and it's looking like she will tour for all three. Visuals would be nice but after she spent so much energy doing them before and people barely cared, i understand her moving away from that for a while. When you think about it, Beyoncé is not the type to complain but she does take a hint.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Yeah, it’s a big reason why I don’t actually think she’s been stingy this era if the actual stuff we are getting is still of very high quality. And super well executed to boot imo

Yeah I don’t think she’s being stingy at all, I think she executes so well every time people just wanna see her keep doing it again without appreciating what she’s already done. I think Taylor took the wind out beneath her a little bit with the Eras tour becoming the cultural moment it is out of nowhere but that isn’t anything Beyoncé hasn’t done herself like with self titled and lemonade. She is firmly a legend and historical figure in music so I think people need to be a less anxious about her delivering, she always does, just my outsider take on the reception to this era :ducky:

2 hours ago, swissman said:

Besides the teaser, what teasing has she done though?

srsly?

-The poosee pink shirt

-the echo newspaper being the cover of delresto with zero explanation 

-the glitter kitty and unique ufo Easter eggs on said cover

-the various pictures in the tour book/album booklet

-the tour interludes being literal clips from the film

-“you’ve asked for the visuals. A queen moves at her own pace binch”

-I’m that girl teaser

-you ARE the visuals baby

-this tweet? 
they-think-this-a-joke-oh-okay-v0-8u3dea

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Um we all know damn well when she releases another album, we'll listen to it.

When she goes on tour AGAIN, we're going to go.

:hippo:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Um we all know damn well when she releases another album, we'll listen to it.

When she goes on tour AGAIN, we're going to go.

:hippo:

Literally this…that’s why I could care less when ya’ll complain. 

• Like 1

its been the same copy & paste arguments for the last 52 weeks...some of yall still aint got it and I don't understand why??

what SPECIFICALLY does she need to say or do at this point before yall get a clue?? please get it out before this dumbfounded crybaby **** goes into Act 2 with it

the desperate need to have stats back you up for online stan arguments is what's ruining it for you. detach from stats & you'll have a better experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

I don’t think any of the “meltdowns” are serious. We just love to exaggerate for comedy and it’s all coming from a good place. Now things get funnier when  Kiss Ass Hive swarm the Base writing paragraphs calling us bad fans :lmao: 

The fact remains that this has been a boring era and fans deal with that differently 

Like... let us vent about a lackluster era for her best album of all time. I swear kiss ass hive are making up critiques we said, we never cared about "stats" to use against other fanbases nor did we ever complain about the quality of the music being put out :lmao: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bwhansen said:

She could've easily given us the Gift/Ren singles/greatest hits tour and skipped stuff like POTS or Energy but she went the risky route and is performing the ENTIRE ALBUM while skipping some of the obvious massive hits like Single Ladies or Halo that the gp could've been expecting. Literally who else is doing that 25 years into their career? Fans are getting fed with a near 3 hour show that is all about celebrating this entire body of art. Except Thique. Sorry Thique fans.

The "no skips" tour actually skips two songs :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.