Will Mariah go #1 this year?

Kesha

With Christmas being on a Wednesday this year and the songs growing popularity each year, will this finally be the year AIWFCIY goes #1 ? It also managed to get to #3 in 2018 with a Tuesday Christmas 

according to Kworb it’s already getting upwards of 70k views a day 

https://kworb.net/youtube/video/yXQViqx6GMY.html

The fact this song will end up as the most successful female song of all time :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

The fact this song will end up as the most successful female song of all time :jonny5:

what's the most successful male one?

I'd say as gays we hold each others hand and support this classic by this amazing, talented, beautiful, show stopping, never the same empowered woman of color and help her reach #1.

Americans y'all better come thru :doc: It's the last you can do after you let a one hit wonder destroy her record like that. 

25 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

what's the most successful male one?

Probably Shape Of You.

It has sold 41.5M units so far, according to IFPI 

Hope so. It would be iconic 

9 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Probably Shape Of You.

It has sold 41.5M units so far, according to IFPI 

King of Pop did that :jonny5:

17 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Maybe she will, but I hope Adele or Rihanna doesn't block her.

The fact that Rihanna could if she releases in December :toofunny3:

39 minutes ago, politeone said:

The fact that Rihanna could if she releases in December :toofunny3:

I love Rihanna a lot but if the bitch really releases 3 years later just when Mariah is getting a number 1 i would... 

Btw, they say that Mariah got in total 100m us streams last year on xmas week but when it was split because of BB, it got 60m us/40m us streams in the 2 weeks. This week all that 100m us streams will go to the same week, that why everyone expects it to go #1. Can Rihanna do 100m us streams? Thats extremely huge tbh. Or Adele? She would have itunes on her side so she would be much stronger.

I ****ing hope so. Part of me wants them to not push so hard so it's an organic, solo #1, but this is also the last year she can get a #1 this decade (so she'll have #1's in 3 decades), so **** it, bring on the remixes, discounts, and promo Mimi! :duca:

4 hours ago, cuneytb said:

I love Rihanna a lot but if the bitch really releases 3 years later just when Mariah is getting a number 1 i would... 

Btw, they say that Mariah got in total 100m us streams last year on xmas week but when it was split because of BB, it got 60m us/40m us streams in the 2 weeks. This week all that 100m us streams will go to the same week, that why everyone expects it to go #1. Can Rihanna do 100m us streams? Thats extremely huge tbh. Or Adele? She would have itunes on her side so she would be much stronger.

Rihanna pulled 44 million US streams in four days back in 2016 when Work debuted. It's possible that her streaming power has grown a lot more.

But I don't think anyone is blocking Mariah this time, especially around that period.

As long as she gets Ariana or Adele to remix the song she will have no problem.

i hope she can get it in 2019/2020 since no new releases occur the first week of January but I’m sure it’ll plummet like the others.

remix for the #1

I really hope so, she deserves it, the song deserves it. It would be epic!

If not this year, it'll be next year or 2021. She has the #1 on lock sooner or later, unless Billboard changes the rules in her disfavor.

10 hours ago, slw84 said:

As long as she gets Ariana or Adele to remix the song she will have no problem.

i hope she can get it in 2019/2020 since no new releases occur the first week of January but I’m sure it’ll plummet like the others.

remix for the #1

nah... if it goes #1 in the xmas week, it will still rank top 15 in the first issue of 2020... (and 5 weeks in the top 10 is still respectable for a 49 year old). Her christmas album will most likely go top 5 this year as well. Merry Christmas is going to surpass #1's 16 million traditional sales global total this season (in sps tho, traditional sales will be at around 14 million). 

Considering end of the year seems to be packed (Drake, Adele, Rihanna & more)... She could not get it this year, but I'm pretty sure she eventually will later.

Edited by Badboidami

imagine everybody:

1990 - 14 million - Debut album* (#1)

1993 - 26 million - Music Box* (#3)

1994 - 16 million - Merry Christmas (SPS) (#4)

1995 - 20 million - Daydream* (#5)

1997 - 10 million - Butterfly* (#6)

1998 - 16 million - #1's*

*traditional sales. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.