Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Veckatimest

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Veckatimest

  1. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    Had a #1 YE single and album in the same year, could your faves?
  2. Oh Nick Fuentes, the pandemic you unleashed on all of us
  3. What Have You Done For Me Lately - #4 Nasty - #3 When I Think of You - #1 Control - #5 Let's Wait Awhile - #2 The Pleasure Principle - #14
  4. As only those closest to me know, I'm dl (but identify as straight,) my voice is deep, and I know French. As a Gaga-Taylor-Michelle Branch hybrid stan, I never really felt fully included in any community here due to my sexual orientation, so thank you for creating a safe space on here! To all of my straight brothers and sisters, you are SEEN and you are loved
  5. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    I was making fun of the old queens who were chomping at the bit to call Madge a fad when she debuted, paws down!
  6. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    A GLOBAL, slow burning solo hit with longevity. Not everyone has that
  7. The paradox of wanting all of the O_H to vanish but not wanting this forum to end up being another PopJustice
  8. My least favorite thing about comments/threads like this is that the mere mention of another female artist inspires those defending their fave to engage in the exact same extreme reductionism of an artist's career, talent, or legacy as the aforementioned comment. Gaga deserves a better discussion of her artistry than only being used as a comparison to Taylor, Taylor deserves a better discussion of her career than people chomping at the bit to drag her after years because one (1) of her releases was panned by critics. A response to a shallow comment using its same flawed framework against someone else only ratifies the framework being a valid way to drag your own fave
  9. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    Too bad the non-dupe incarnation of Virtual Insanity isn't still here to argue why Brenda is bigger than Mariah, I would ask them what Stonewall was like
  10. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    The 1970 SYG arguments over whether Barbra, Brenda Lee, or Aretha were the biggest selling female artists of the 60s
  11. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    Jody Godley General Field Grammy wins: 1 Vadge: Error 404
  12. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    "Cyndi Lauper, Linda Ronstadt, and The Pointer Sisters outpeak Madonna on the 1984 year-end chart. Surprised?"
  13. Veckatimest replied to Rian's topic in Base
    Aretha backstage when Natalie broke her Grammy streak in 1976
  14. The victim withdrew her consent, so wouldn't it still be rape under NY Law? I get that the intoxication itself isn't enough to charge with rape in NY, but that's also only partially relevant here
  15. She's for sure winning at least multiple Dance categories this year. The General Field categories have a significant bias against dance pop so I'm not holding my breath for AOTY, but if C2 really overperforms in nominations and there aren't a glut of pop albums in the category to influence vote-splitting, I don't see why it isn't a possibility with all of the positive hype she's been getting this season
  16. This pandemic of corporations and institutions using stan fodder for engagement is disturbing and cringe. I'm all for a good whacking, but should even the most ardent of OTH really want the police of all people feigning agreement with you to drive engagement
  17. I took a while to sit on this, and I truly cannot understand the abject panning when this washes most of the songs on the standard. Patient Zero, Pink Clouding, and Babylon are some of her most melodically robust songs over the past few years, and at worst, Cleveland! is a cute, inoffensive song in the vein of Stay, Stay, Stay. I haven't been a huge defender of this era as a longtime fan, but I cannot understand why these four songs as a collection are being held up as a microcosm of her artistic stagnancy when the tracks on the standard would be much better examples. I kinda cringe when stans get defensive and say that critics are reviewing the perception of the artist and not the music, but in this case, the only explanation to me is that the hysteria over this deluxe is a response to her overexposure, and the timing of following up an already polarizing era right as stan narratives about her artistry and position are reaching a fever pitch wasn't wise. Nevertheless, the deluxe has bumped my valuation of the album as a whole slightly (even though it's still her worst album lol) and I hope she takes a long break from synthpop after this.
  18. 3am edition bumped Midnights up considerably in my personal rankings, so hope this will do the same
  19. Not an MPG album, but Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water definitely contends for worst mainstream album title of all time (as well as being one of the worst album covers)

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.