Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Melanie C - 'Sweat'

Featured Replies

Great album. Til It Breaks and Pressure are my current favourites but I would say it's her best album.

I've heard rumours of a proper deluxe in the future (maybe later in the year), extended mixes and a remix album. So 🤞

  • Replies 320
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • yes, correct

  • Vorfreude
    Vorfreude

    The fact that some of the records got "Melanine" pressing error on her 9th album. Iconique!

  • livelikemusic
    livelikemusic

    Track listing: Sweat Drum Machine WCPGW Til' It Breaks Pressure Emotional Memory Attitude Good for Nothing Undefeated Champion Ca

13 minutes ago, mickeyderon said:

Great album. Til It Breaks and Pressure are my current favourites but I would say it's her best album.

I've heard rumours of a proper deluxe in the future (maybe later in the year), extended mixes and a remix album. So 🤞

It's her best album since Northern Star for me. It has that production quality.

Cashmere is my new favorite today.

the chorus of drum machine (vocal run and production) was reminding me of a song. it was itching my brain so much. then it came to me.

this is a great summer album, she knew exactly what she was doing and executed perfectly

She came and she served for the dance floor! clap3The songs are so well produced.

  • Author

Bopping to this album right nowclap3

Jessie Ware, Mel C and Zara on rotation alexz

The way she f.cking delivered!!! The promo singles didn't do much for me, but OMG the album as a whole is phenomenal. My favorites are Pressure, Good For Nothing and Healing (Demo). She needs to properly release the two demos, because they are fantastic. I can imagine We're Beautiful going on a bit longer.

Fantastic body of work. Anyone who disagrees here needs an ear check.

7 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Mel C has been the main stumbling block of the Spice Girls recording and releasing new music since 2000. She just wants to tour and bask in the nostalgia (and make the easy money that comes with it). She has said so herself both to the press and to fans alike. She does not want to record new music with the Spice Girls. The others - or at least Geri, Emma and Mel B - have always been up for new music and all of them have said so as well.

Their main stumbling blocks for a return are, since at least 2019: Geri and Victoria not wanting to tour and Mel C not wanting to record music.

I also don't agree with you at all about them not being able to deliver good pop music nowadays. If they try and recreate the same sound they did in the 90s, of course they will fail. That would just be a bad gimmick (like Headlines and Voodoo were in 2007!). But between them they have shown they can do great music over the years and they have music producers like Mark Ronson and others who have said even this year they would jump at the chance to work with them.

If they commit to it, they could deliver good contemporary pop music. They know they can create magic if they are all committed and in the studio together, but Mel C doesn't want that and wont make the time for it. She always says 'I'm always up to touring with the Spice Girls' and she is right on that of course. It's her perrogative, but it ******* sucks that she wont do more than that.

Anyway! Rant over. The album is fun overall so good for her I guess.

This is false. The only thing Mel C said was she only will record something if everyone was involved and Victoria didn't want to do it. Bask in the nostalgia and make easy money will be jump with the rest of them and make music without Victoria which don't make sense....
Keep her solo career is not the easy money you think it is.

Go back to the album... I love it. It gets better with each listen...now Flick of the wrist and Emotional Memory are my favs clap3

Her emotional speech from last night. I love how real, down to earth, determined this woman is. 30 years of incredible career.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DXzzMz1OM5q/?igsh=MWU1MzMxcGZkMWYwbA==

She is #2 in the UK midweeks with 11,500 copies. Her best in a long long time, bless her.

She is 1,300 copies behind Kneecap (great band). I can definitely see her landing at #3-#4 now for sure

14 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

She is #2 in the UK midweeks with 11,500 copies. Her best in a long long time, bless her.

She is 1,300 copies behind Kneecap (great band). I can definitely see her landing at #3-#4 now for sure

UGHHHH Not kneecap. but also 11.5k is HUGEEEEEEEEEEE for her omg.

I will buy the itunes digital tomorrow. I wanna see how close she is to Kneecap.

I think she has a very good chance at #1. She added some more signings, even some for September with a performance + Q&A.

No image preview

Melanie C

Listen to content by Melanie C.
19 minutes ago, LUSHx said:

UGHHHH Not kneecap. but also 11.5k is HUGEEEEEEEEEEE for her omg.

I will buy the itunes digital tomorrow. I wanna see how close she is to Kneecap.

Kneecap are a class act! I bought their album and I am yet to buy Melanie's lol

6 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

Kneecap are a class act! I bought their album and I am yet to buy Melanie's lol

nothing against them, I just want Mel to score her first #1 coffee

The true Spice Girl. We love to see it. Including Virgin Music has done wonders but still need more music videos, stat!

she should give us different cover vinyls and all the copies will fly.

thats what happened with blood record vinyl.

1300 is very doable if she releases let's say, an extended edition and another deluxe version. She just has to stay consistent this week and she's got it

Edited by Asparagus Spears

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.