Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Melanie C - 'Sweat'

Featured Replies

44 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

I really want a proper gatefold double vinyl! If she releases one at some point, I will invest my money on that for sure

There are some copies on eBay if you want to pay over 60GBP lol

Edited by Vorfreude

  • Replies 320
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • yes, correct

  • Vorfreude
    Vorfreude

    The fact that some of the records got "Melanine" pressing error on her 9th album. Iconique!

  • livelikemusic
    livelikemusic

    Track listing: Sweat Drum Machine WCPGW Til' It Breaks Pressure Emotional Memory Attitude Good for Nothing Undefeated Champion Ca

54 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

I really want a proper gatefold double vinyl! If she releases one at some point, I will invest my money on that for sure

there are some double LPs at Banquet Records

https://www.banquetrecords.com/melanie-c/sweat/MELANIECCD1

I met Melanie in 2012 in a club in London when she promoted EP she released Jodie Harsh. She danced with me and group of her friends and my friends till 5Am and then we all went to have fish n chips at the corner store. I was 22 back then. She was the sweetest and most down to earth celebrity I have ever met.

9 minutes ago, mike_int said:

I met Melanie in 2012 in a club in London when she promoted EP she released Jodie Harsh. She danced with me and group of her friends and my friends till 5Am and then we all went to have fish n chips at the corner store. I was 22 back then. She was the sweetest and most down to earth celebrity I have ever met.

Wow what a memory you have tho! She literally is one of us, so humble. Was living for that EP back in the day btw.

26 minutes ago, Vorfreude said:

Wow what a memory you have tho! She literally is one of us, so humble. Was living for that EP back in the day btw.

Yeah it was surreal cause I grew on Spice Girls as a kid.

Back than in 2012 I was quite a party boy and lived in NY and traveled a lot to London. So I have seen and experienced so many things, looking now, some super crazy ones and Im happy I survived some of them haha

2 hours ago, LUSHx said:

there are some double LPs at Banquet Records

https://www.banquetrecords.com/melanie-c/sweat/MELANIECCD1

Hm, why are they making double LP-s if the album fits on one LP as well.

2 hours ago, LUSHx said:

there are some double LPs at Banquet Records

https://www.banquetrecords.com/melanie-c/sweat/MELANIECCD1

Thanks. Is this really two vinyls or only one? I haven seen this version on discogs but it is only one vinyl?

24 minutes ago, MrMayhem said:

Hm, why are they making double LP-s if the album fits on one LP as well.

The compression is better so the sound is better.

But it's mostly for audiophiles

22 minutes ago, MrMayhem said:

Hm, why are they making double LP-s if the album fits on one LP as well.

I think it is just the standard Opaque Orange vinyl that was sent to HMV and indie stores...

https://www.discogs.com/release/37222239-Melanie-C-Sweat

2 hours ago, Vorfreude said:

There are some copies on eBay if you want to pay over 60GBP lol

no way lol

9 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

I think it is just the standard Opaque Orange vinyl that was sent to HMV and indie stores...

https://www.discogs.com/release/37222239-Melanie-C-Sweat

I love there is a proper full booklet with photos and lyrics.

I hate current trend of cutting cost but increase the price and there is no booklet, hardly any photos etc

1 hour ago, Mr.X said:

I think it is just the standard Opaque Orange vinyl that was sent to HMV and indie stores...

https://www.discogs.com/release/37222239-Melanie-C-Sweat

This is Opaque Orange, the gatefold vinyl is the exclusive store edition.It's a translucent orange. It's sold out on her webstore last week.

This is what you are looking for:

https://www.discogs.com/release/37230630-Melanie-C-Sweat

1 hour ago, Vorfreude said:

This is Opaque Orange, the gatefold vinyl is the exclusive store edition.It's a translucent orange. It's sold out on her webstore last week.

This is what you are looking for:

https://www.discogs.com/release/37230630-Melanie-C-Sweat

this is the one that comes with a poster? because it has only 1 vinyl, i think @Mr.X is asking for a 2 LP

Edited by mrmarrero

6 minutes ago, mrmarrero said:

this is the one that comes with a poster? because it has only 1 vinyl, i think @Mr.X is asking for a 2 LP

Yes this one comes with a poster. There's no 2 LP gatefold tho. There's only one gatefold vinyl with translucent orange color. It was a web store exclusive and it's sold out.

30 minutes ago, Vorfreude said:

Yes this one comes with a poster. There's no 2 LP gatefold tho. There's only one gatefold vinyl with translucent orange color. It was a web store exclusive and it's sold out.

yeah but there is not such a thing as a double LP yet

5 hours ago, Vorfreude said:

Yes this one comes with a poster. There's no 2 LP gatefold tho. There's only one gatefold vinyl with translucent orange color. It was a web store exclusive and it's sold out.

Thank you and also @mrmarrero

Yeah I will wait for either the store gatefold to come back on sale or maybe one day she will release a proper double LP, maybe with the upcoming Delux?

It's wild to think that when it comes to their own vinyls, solo wise I think only Northern Star got a good proper release, with expanded 2LP, Gatefold and properly well designed and mastered.

I'm not sure I want to waste €38 on a standard vinyl (that's how much Sweat costs here in Porto) and i would rather wait and spend money on something better.

Decided to rank my fav songs:

1 - Free To Love
2 - Drum Machine
(3 - Healing [Demo])
3 - What Could Possibly Go Wrong
4 - Emotional Memory
(5 - We're Beautiful [Demo])
5 - One Track Mind
6 - Sweat
7 - Undefeated Champion
8 - Flick Of The Wrist
9 - Pressure
10 - Attitude
11 - Til' It Breaks
12 - Good For Nothing
13 - Cashmere

Ranking wise, iafter a few listens, it goes:

1. Drum Machine
2. Pressure
3. Flick of the Wrist
4. Cashmere

  1. The rest

Songs like Sweat, Free To Love, Attitude and Good For Nothing are just awful songs. Undefeated Champion and What Could Possibly Go Wrong are cringe, if not almost completely unlistenable.

It's a good Mel C album overall but after 25 years of back to back terrible music, I guess this is a good improvement.

  • Author
19 hours ago, Mr.X said:

This ******* bop might be one of her best songs ever??!!!

I'm still trying to figure out what the sample is here! I know there's one, it's a whole BOP!

11 hours ago, Mr.X said:

It's a good Mel C album overall but after 25 years of back to back terrible music, I guess this is a good improvement.

Sis, the way you LIED! Omg

deadbanana4

1 hour ago, Vorfreude said:

Sis, the way you LIED! Omg

deadbanana4

Since WHEN?...

Reason: There's 2 good songs on it: Home and Reason. The rest are pish...

Beautiful Intentions: ok album, but so badly produced (and the worst singles)...

This Time: the most mediocre album of them all

The Sea: again, terribly produced and she sounds like a shrieking cat on some of the songs...

Version of Me: her worst album yet overall omg, there's not a single song that is good let alone great

Melanie C: some great songs (Who I Am, Blame it On Me, Good Enough) but most of the album is just a bit lame.

One thing that grates is that yes she has developped her sound in the last few albums, but she has a writer and singer? No development at all. She is a terrible lyricist and even in her latest album she is sounds like the production has completely overtaken her.

It's a problem with all the solo Spices. I love them but bless them they are just ok artists individually.

Sweat debuts at #21 on the Spanish Charts clap3 I think it's her highest peak in the country.

Her two previous albums peaked at #83 and #89 so well done! Very deserved.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.