Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

"How was this not a hit?"

Featured Replies

What's the last flop you listened to that left you wondering why it didn't take off?

Great songs with all the qualities of an actual smash hit but still tanked. 

This sounds like an offspring of "Free",  done in EWF fashion, thanks to Maurice White's funky production but with less success. 

 


 

 

Edited by Jamie Starr

  • Replies 73
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Also, random lmao, but I was shocked to find out this charted so poorly. I thought it had been so much bigger when I was a kid    

  • I feel like this was a big smash in Europe, but idk about other places? At least here in the UK I'd consider this a smash. Anyway for me it'd be this     Not saying it

  • Author
Just now, Armani. said:

 

 

Bad timing, tbh. If this was a year prior and actually had the support of Arista it would've easily taken off. 

It's so good I often forget that it wasn't an actual hit. 

For what a cultural moment Charli has had since 2024, I am shocked none of party 4 u, 360 nor Apple actually made much of a dent in the upper echelons of the chart. Unfortunately think these songs all stalled at a certain point after not being fully embraced by radio and other staples of America that cement songs as proper smashes.

 

American radio refuses to actually embrace what is causing a stir in the name of keeping things safe and palatable. Take a god damn risk for once in your life.  Grandma WILL listen to Brat and she will get into it. She can goon to Boone after

30 minutes ago, PicklePower said:

G.U.Y.

Marry the Night 

Thinking of You 

 

I get it for G.U.Y. but Marry The Night was such a moment, I guess bad timing and the evident overexposure didn't play in her favor. Also the very long music video :gaycat6:

:suburban: 
 

I was a fœtus when it was released, but they told me it flopped 

Spotify stats are amazing, but this could've been way bigger. It has a classic feel to it

 

 

Also, random lmao, but I was shocked to find out this charted so poorly. I thought it had been so much bigger when I was a kid

 

 

9 minutes ago, Zeferino said:

:suburban: 
 

I was a fœtus when it was released, but they told me it flopped 

Wait it wasn't? I used to see the mv everyday during my summer trip in Belgium lol 

Most, if not all, of Hilary Duff singles. So much wasted potential.

22 minutes ago, Zeferino said:

:suburban: 
 

I was a fœtus when it was released, but they told me it flopped 

I feel like this was a big smash in Europe, but idk about other places? At least here in the UK I'd consider this a smash.


Anyway for me it'd be this

 

 

Not saying it's not a hit in a cult classic sense, but it's chart positions don't reflect how great it is. It's literally the perfect pop song? And considering I Really Like You didn't do awful, I don't understand how there was no steam behind it. Deserved to be a mega-smash, bigger than Call Me Maybe.

Edited by Jack!

Lemme just I looooove that I'm not the only one who listens to/stan significantly older music, a.k.a the classics :alexz:

Edited by HarajukuPrincess

  • Author
4 minutes ago, HarajukuPrincess said:

Lemme just I looooove that I'm not the only one who listens to/stan significantly older music, a.k.a the classics :alexz:

There's way too many gems to pass up on. :jamming:

1 hour ago, Armani. said:

 

 

WHEW y'all impress me sometimes. :jonny5: They don't know about this. :jonny5:

Any of Carly Rae Jepsen singles tbh.

Especially now that she has a massive cult following, you'd think at least one of her singles would manage to chart but nope.

 

Also, I was shocked to find out only recently how every t.A.T.u single post-ATTSS charted poorly on the UK and didn't chart at all in the U.S. They felt so huge...

38 minutes ago, Jack! said:

I feel like this was a big smash in Europe, but idk about other places? At least here in the UK I'd consider this a smash.


Anyway for me it'd be this

 

 

Not saying it's not a hit in a cult classic sense, but it's chart positions don't reflect how great it is. It's literally the perfect pop song? And considering I Really Like You didn't do awful, I don't understand how there was no steam behind it. Deserved to be a mega-smash, bigger than Call Me Maybe.

Run Away with Me has always been that song and should have been a massive hit. The iconic horn opening alone. 

 

 

and this not being a single is insane... would've been a huge hit for her :deadbanana2:

 

 

Edited by youresotoxic

  • Author
4 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

 

 

and this not being a single is insane... would've been a huge hit for her :deadbanana2:

 

 

I Stay In Love is a good one. :clap3:H.A.T.E.U. is another one. 

 

I get why it wasn't - she took too long to release the real music video, but it still should have been a sleeper hit. It at least deserves a resurgence via TikTok

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.