Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Does anyone else completely forget what they post on ATRL?

Featured Replies

I often make unfiltered commentary (usually something messy that unintentionally shakes the table) in a thread without much thought. I log on a couple hours later and see that I have several notifications. I stop and question what I even said.

 

"I don't even remember posting today. Are people reacting to old ****?" 

 

*clicks notifications*
 

*10 people reacted to a post*
 

*3 people quoted a post*
 

oh- I forgot I said that. 
:ryan3:
 

Is this normal or are my cognitive skills declining? My short term memory has tanked the past couple of years. :coffee2:

Edited by Fleahive

  • Replies 31
  • Views 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I often forget I post something. One time I came home from work and saw I had 20 reactions to something and was so scared.

  • Author
15 minutes ago, Onion Girl said:

I often forget I post something. One time I came home from work and saw I had 20 reactions to something and was so scared.

This is so real! Half the time it's just laugh reactions but I'm usually frightened about the lashings I may get. I immediately visualize myself getting virtually jumped like this:

spacer.png

Edited by Fleahive

we're flooded with an insane amount of online information daily. at the end of the day it's impossible to remember 90% of what we see or even write online. 

The messier the the post, the easier to forget. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by G.U.Y.

Yeah these days i just post hyune gifs when I don't have anything to say then when I'm browsing I giggle to myself when I come across them over the site

 

4a22418a45f917d09fb8f6052b345a986bdcfb55.gifv

But I low-key hate when someone quotes an old post I get aniexty and never open the notification In case I was getting attacked :gaycat6:

or the opposite... think I posted something hilarious

but then come back 5 hours later to 0 notifications :gaycat7:

I honestly don't open notifications when it's obvious I might have ruffled someone's feathers. Ignorance is bliss. People can get infuriated because of difference of opinion and I've learned to just not read them anymore lmao.

Edited by SharGaga

only when I live post from nicki minaj's house. it's like there's coke in the vents or something. time just flies right by!

spacer.png

 

Edited by samsclubPRESENTSavam

i used to drunk post a LOT on atrl a few years ago .. there were instances where i would drag users with like 5-paragraph posts and not remember it at all, the hangxiety the next morning was so real :ahh: 

more importantly I forget who anyone is

 

I promise to anyone thinking I hold a grudge against them, no you just have consistently sh*t takes probably

19 minutes ago, samsclubPRESENTSavam said:

only when I live post from nicki minaj's house. it's like there's coke in the vents or something. time just flies right by!

spacer.png

 

Were you there as well when she was dissing Megan on Instagram Live?

2szl.gif

I post stuff all the time really really fast and then i regret it later.
I used to delete it....but now without the delete-hide tool i have to endure all my messy posts :gaycat6:
I always check my notifications. all the time

Only ignore them in the civics thread. People are scary there :rip:and im scared of lookin at those

Edited by AvadaKedavra

  • Author
48 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

more importantly I forget who anyone is

 

I promise to anyone thinking I hold a grudge against them, no you just have consistently sh*t takes probably

This. I can't tell more than 10 users apart on here. Especially if you change your avi. I have no beef with anyone outside of the 2 people that I muted. 

No, but like I never reply or even check my post notifications to even see what's going on with my posts. :coffee2:

I'll just say **** completely unseriously and then come back to ten notifications of people being outraged 

 

:suburban:

2 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

more importantly I forget who anyone is

 

I promise to anyone thinking I hold a grudge against them, no you just have consistently sh*t takes probably

It used to be like this for me but I've been here for a year now and if you think I hold a grudge against you, then you're probably right. The most unserious and ridiculous grudge that could easily vanish with a cute interaction but a grudge, after all :sistrens:

 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.