Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Spring Smackdown 2024 | And the winner is...

Featured Replies

Just now, supaspaz said:

Sorry this is taking so long. Major technical difficulties.

No worries. We understand the struggle :gaycat6:

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

One more track also couldn't even manage a 5 average

The Boy Is Mine remix needs to be thrown in the bin. I remember when that dropped arguing with some cupcake arianator who implied I'd never heard the original Brandy x Monica song and that I didn't get it :rip:

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator


zKKyq7j.png

 

WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?

 

Average score: 4.95

High score: 10 (@Europe, @Hyune, @MusicLoverDude)

Low score: 1 (@wish, @Ken Lee, @Mark Rih, @jacklovesyou1, @Eeveelution, @KatyPrismSpirit, @Born to Run)

 

 

Never read the comments, the old adage goes. But what if you have a Tree Paine to do it for you? Taylor knows what you’ve all been saying about her and she’s spitting mad on this venomous, wounded epic where she compares herself to a victim from the Salem Witch Trials, extends her best wishes to the haters and losers, and then vows revenge for every slight. (She’s not necessarily beating the “sue you if you step on my lawn” allegations.) “Who’s afraid of little old me?” she repeatedly howls, warning us, “Well, you should be.” But most of you weren’t, rating this the worst song from The Tortured Poets Department along the way to a rather rough showing for the album in this rate.

 

Best bit: “So tell me everything is not about me/But what if it is?” – if that’s not a thesis statement for Taylor Swift, I don’t know what is

 

ATRL says…: The voters took their shots right back. “Screechy, tacky, ridiculous,” @Ken Lee wrote. “This was exceptionally mid and is like 3 minutes too long,” @KatyPrismSpirit remarked. “Keeps feeling like it's building to something and then all of a sudden she just shouts at us,” @glitch complained. @Ewan Chaos called it “bad cosplay of a Highasakite song.” @Suilen taunted Taylor: “And I lasted a month in an actual asylum, so what now?” (I actually need the story on that!)

 

Even some of the praise was tempered. “This song is so damn camp, I can't hate it,” @Graves said. @Hyune thought it “started good then got corny but it’s the best off the album so I’ll give at least one song off this album a 10 :P” @makeawish loved “when she really lets fly and hollers the title at the top of her lungs, but another good song that suffers slightly from its undercooked Jack production in places. ‘You wouldn't last an hour in the asylum where they raised me’ always makes me think of ATRL.” @Achilles. thought that it made “But Daddy I Love Him” irrelevant: “This really works as a bridge between her feminist statement pieces and her musings on fame. Love how committed and larger than life this is. Pop performance done right.”

 

And then there’s @MusicLoverDude, who declared this his favorite song in the rate because he relates to it so much. “Whether it's because of my infamous time on ATRL or because of my time on this Earth now being 3 decades and my experiences with people,” he shared. “I've been through a lot, and I've caused a lot of drama too. Taylor has as well. This is very much Taylor venting out here and I fully relate. You can totally be a sweet person until people pick on you again and again and again until you break and then you become a nasty cold bitch because of how shitty people are. I don't revisit this as often though BECAUSE of those scary mental health relations I have to it.”

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, glitch said:

This is so... especially when you realise it was a swiftie who wrote it

 

:suburban:

OOP!

Who's afraid of little old me?🥺

 

...well you should be. 😈

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Graves said:

Hopefully the non-remixed version.

"Yes, And?" kinda grew on me through this rate! My second favorite single from the era now, to be honest.

I can't help but love when T Swizz leans into her villain oats. idc if it's garbage, camp has value too.

She thought she ate this but it comes across extremely trite. And that screaming on the chorus is a mega jumpscare

Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? averaging a mean under 5 oh the choppery!

Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? (ugh) is probably my least favourite song in the rate. Certain Taylor fans love to critique the girls' lyrics but some of the lines in this song are genuinely horrible. Just word salad nonsense. :rip: 

I'm sorry to keep spamming about this mid song, but when I tell you I broke out into full laughter when my first listen hit that chorus... the serial killer delivery of "well you should be," had me on the floor. :redface:

Glad we weren't afraid of her and got this song out early 

:sabrina:

Edited by Curaga

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator


p4snnp0.png

 

THE SMALLEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED

 

Average score: 5.26

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @Europe, @MusicLoverDude)

Low score: 1 (@K$Ellie, @Born to Run)

 

 

Either Matty Healy has a micropenis or he really mistreated Taylor during their brief and controversial affair two years ago. Perhaps both! The 1975 frontman endures a shellacking on this blistering ballad from The Tortured Poets Department, which features sweaty metaphors about voodoo dolls and spies before Taylor literally condemns “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived” to prison. Okay, carceral feminism!

 

yvesdolls.gif

 

Best bit: “You kicked out the stage lights, but you're still performing”

 

ATRL says…: “This is another one that really benefits from a really sharp, nasty vocal that builds as it goes along to a real lashing by the end,” @makeawish wrote. “Again proving that Matty Healey is functional, at least from a ‘that fucking prick’ perspective.” @Achilles. “can’t really fault this for anything but I think maybe it could have used more of a chorus and tried a bit less obviously on the bridge.” @MusicLoverDude thought “that final part is everything.” @Suilen gave “points only for allegedly being a Ratty drag.” @Curaga was perplexed by the line, “Who the fuck was that guy?”, giving it a :deadbanana2:. @glitch might secretly be Matty Healy. “She thought she ate that,” he said, “but it comes across as extremely contrived.”

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, glitch said:

Oh...why I thought this was about Scooter :rip:

If it is, then GIRL MOVE ON

1 minute ago, glitch said:

Oh...why I thought this was about Scooter :rip:

Now why would Taylor be recounting near decade-old events again in 2025?

 

*looks at The Anthology tracklist* *rim shot* :suburban:

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Graves said:

Well... it's no Dear John, is it?

But what is? Now that's a song!

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Graves said:

Now why would Taylor be recounting near decade-old events again in 2025?

 

*looks at The Anthology tracklist* *rim shot* :suburban:

I haven't even listened to The Anthology yet, but now I'm scared...

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

Also, Carly Rae definitely cleared with mid-song fake pregnancy reveals!

smallest man is actually her most cringe and ridiculous song i can't believe swifties like it :rip: 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.