Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Charli xcx - "party 4 u"

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

This is what annoys me with so much of Charli's music. She has so many songs that feel like they're building towards something MASSIVE and then they just… end. It's so anticlimactic :skull: 

Am I missing something? Party 4 u has exactly that to me :skull: like the third minute and the come to my partyyyyyyy part is the release

  • Replies 611
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Production is mid. Voice sounds awful and too autotuned. Sounds more like some old unfinished demo.

  • thedeathbymusic
    thedeathbymusic

    it's actually insane how cosmic and perfect it is that party 4 u is blowing up and this video is dropping at the end of the brat era.. it perfectly encapsulates that feeling of the "party" being over

  • This is unlistenable?

Me getting reaffirmed in my belief that this era was meant to be what brat became culturally 

2 hours ago, Contessa said:

well, there are lots of different ethos to music, the typical build-and-release type we see in pop is just one of them. that bridge and outro evokes an emotional edging not unlike the feeling you get when someone you want to show up to your party that you planned and anticipated for hours upon hours does not come. she writes with a purpose, not every emotion has a climactic build-and-releaase.

 

2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:


The one song that makes me feel this way - that is, that it failed elevate into something that felt promised - is Twice, after the key change. Which, perhaps not coincidentally, I think shares some sonic DNA with Party 4 U.

 

This song, though, I think resolves in a way that feels fulfilled. What I love about it and some others in her discography is that they build this clear structure and direction and then, instead of amping up and exploding, they sort of decompose and fall apart into this beautiful, complicated mess of sounds and melodies and feelings. Forever does something kind of similar. I think that's an element that sort of calls back to Track 10's final minutes.

This is all true and I respect it. I think my biggest problem with songs like these is that they build up so much tension and it never gets released, so ultimately I walk away from the song feeling unsatisfied. I feel the same way about Break The Ice by Britney. I guess songs like these just aren't for me. 
 

28 minutes ago, Cain said:

Am I missing something? Party 4 u has exactly that to me :skull: like the third minute and the come to my partyyyyyyy part is the release

To be fair it's been a minute since I listened to P4U ddd. I had a few other Charli songs in mind when I made that comment. 

this song never did much for me but nonetheless i'm glad it's having a moment 

 

spacer.png

top 5 charli songs i love seeing taste win out in the end also this is her best album but idk if we are ready for that conversation...

Well-deserved, the song is amazing. Also, i love to see the Don't call me love. That song is one of her best unreleased alongside make u mine. 

It's one of my favorite songs of all time. The way I still listen to it at least once weekly since it's release

One of her best songs EVER 

 

I remember bawling my eyes out to it during lockdown :deadbanana4:

10 hours ago, despy said:

visions & anthems next hopefully :bird:

Impeccable taste, the holy trinity of HIFN is Party 4 U, Anthems and Visions with an honorable shoutout to Claws

One of her best songs along with Track 10 :jonny5: 5 yeats late but the world is finally catching up to her vision

living for that performance where she's serving gaga with the black bangs

Amazing song, Atlantic should try and push it. If it becomes her Pink Pony Club/Cruel Summer, that would be awesome 

Edited by bestfiction

On 2/20/2025 at 9:43 AM, Dolce Vita said:

this song never did much for me but nonetheless i'm glad it's having a moment 

 

spacer.png

Couldn't agree more... 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.