Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tyler, The Creator - 'CHROMAKOPIA'

Featured Replies

I love how passionate Tyler is about his art. It makes the music sound so much better :heart2:

  • Replies 149
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

9 minutes ago, Wicked said:

 

Tyler one of the few artists that will talk at length about why he loves music, his favorite parts of his own music, music theory, etc. and I LOVE THAT. He is truly a musical connoisseur and a fan of himself but in the most innocent and pure way, not egotistical way.

Also let's get into the fact that Tomorrow is Stevie Wonder coded DOOOWN :clap3::clap3::clap3: 

19 minutes ago, king_queen said:

Also let's get into the fact that Tomorrow is Stevie Wonder coded DOOOWN :clap3::clap3::clap3: 

He love him some Stevie, as he should. I hope he gets to work with him one day, before Stevie leaves us. 

 

and yes, I love the vocal melody and harmonies on that song. It kind of reminded me of Boyz ll Men but they of course are also sourced from Stevie. Also, the guitar melody reminds me of Radiohead's 'Faust Arp'. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

This is absolutely at the very least in the top 5 albums released this year, not a single dud and the replay value is insane

15 minutes ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

He love him some Stevie, as he should. I hope he gets to work with him one day, before Stevie leaves us. 

 

and yes, I love the vocal melody and harmonies on that song. It kind of reminded me of Boyz ll Men but they of course are also sourced from Stevie. Also, the guitar melody reminds me of Radiohead's 'Faust Arp'. 

It reminds me of Lately

 

35 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

 

@Automatic's words came true, time to celebrate

 

MEGAN.thumb.gif.6fcceda930968b9b21febd48

Glorilla's verse woke the girls up 

MEGAN.thumb.gif.6fcceda930968b9b21febd48

Sticky needs a video for sure. A banger. Glorilla on an insane run.

 

Did anyone get tour tickets yet? Some of them MSG prices was crazy until I just decided to use my fiances credit card to get the better seats. :suburban:

 

So imma go ahead and say Sticky is the Int'l Players Anthem for queer ppl iktr :clap3: 

 

Also this is an "of all time" album. Tyler did that :clap3: 

4 hours ago, king_queen said:

P4K can also go to hell for that rating

spacer.png

Everytime they review some of my fave albums, the score is ALWAYS between 7 or 8, nothing less, nothing more, lol. I guess, that's better than getting outright panned, but still I try to avoid their reviews

 

p3GUFoa.gif

 

Spoiler

wonder-why-no-tgi-pitchfork-review-yet-v0-3ty00w0dgkxd1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=16a21e48483c4c707617f4a512ab079347fb7e3b

Ok this is becoming my favorite album of his. It's by far his most accessible one. It hit on 1st listen which is rare (for me). The melodies and production are top notch :allears: we need to protect him at all costs :allears:

The way ATRLers in other threads are still trying to paint him as some evil sexist who "wants to rape pregnant women", when this album has lyrics like these :toofunny2:

 

 

How hard is it to understand that:

 

A) He didn't mean those lyrics/tweets seriously (even tho I agree they were in poor taste)

B) PEOPLE CAN CHANGE!!! It's been a damn decade, let it go :dies:

Betta find a mop it's getting sticky in dis ***** 

 

:xtinass:

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

14 hours ago, NewStanner said:

The way ATRLers in other threads are still trying to paint him as some evil sexist who "wants to rape pregnant women", when this album has lyrics like these :toofunny2:

 

 

How hard is it to understand that:

 

A) He didn't mean those lyrics/tweets seriously (even tho I agree they were in poor taste)

B) PEOPLE CAN CHANGE!!! It's been a damn decade, let it go :dies:

idc what they say lol, I listen to what I want.

 

I just find the "black male privilege" part funny. Did any racist white women get widespread country bans or radio bans for saying the n word, cause I don't recall. 

 

Anyway, his favorite songs on the album are Judge Judy and Tomorrow

 

 

 

 

 

6 hours ago, Wicked said:

idc what they say lol, I listen to what I want.

 

I just find the "black male privilege" part funny. Did any racist white women get widespread country bans or radio bans for saying the n word, cause I don't recall. 

 

Anyway, his favorite songs on the album are Judge Judy and Tomorrow

 

 

 

 

 

Judge Judy is in my top 3 (along with TIWD and Like Him) and Tomorrow is great as well (the second half of the album is flawless in general), taste jumped out :clap3:

On 10/31/2024 at 6:24 PM, NewStanner said:

Everytime they review some of my fave albums, the score is ALWAYS between 7 or 8, nothing less, nothing more, lol. I guess, that's better than getting outright panned, but still I try to avoid their reviews

pitchfork give more or less everything i like <6.5 and i have stopped bothering myself with them a long time ago, this is as good as it gets lol

 

(OT: have struggled with tyler before but this album is an instant hit, love it all)

I've never been a huge fan but I decided to listen to this album on a whim today and I'm kinda obsessed :jonny3: 3 listens in back to back already.

 

After a few listens St Chroma, Rah Tah Tah, Darling I, I Killed You, Sticky, and Balloon are all hitting hard

I find myself listening to this album once or twice a week now, it's a grower I love this one! 

  • 2 weeks later...

 

It's been almost a month, yet this album stays on repeat for me :jonny6: Like, it's such a cohesive body of work, and even the tracks that I didn't initially love per se, just kept growing on me (I Killed You :jonnycat:). Honestly, now I think that CHROMAKOPIA is 9.5/10. Easily in the top 3 best projects released in 2024 for me, if not #1.

 

The success it's been getting is also so damn deserved and satisfying. Him earning his first 3 top 10 hits, despite the unusual date release, 3 weeks at #1 on BB200, etc... seeing this masterpiece getting its flowers just makes me so happy :clap3:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.