Why are rap girls so problematic?

glitch

8 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

We need receipts on this one because you all keep saying it... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47718477

The rapper faced criticism after the three-year-old Instagram live video recirculated on social media.

"Whether or not they were poor choices at the time, I did what I had to do to survive," she wrote on Tuesday.

"I never claimed to be perfect or come from a perfect world."

The original video was made as her career was starting to take off and was her response to someone who said she didn't deserve success because she hadn't put in any work.

"Nothing was handed to me. Nothing," she said in the video, before going on to reveal that she would invite men to a hotel before drugging and robbing them.

52 minutes ago, glitch said:

Yeah, see, NO:

The I Like It rapper did admit to going through her clients' pockets looking for money but she claims to have never drugged anyone. 

"B–ches don't have to put sh-t in n—a's drinks, these n—as be going to club getting drunk and getting high," she said. "I never put s–t in n—as' drinks." "Yeah, I went through n—as' pockets," she said. "A lot of you b–ches be going through n—as' pockets for $40 to catch a cab 'cause a n—a don't want to give you that. Same s–t. Was I wrong for that? That was wrong, but I never f–kin' hurt nobody."

Cardi B lashes out at accusations she's a 'rapist' - National | Globalnews.ca

• Like 1

I would argue the men are equally as problematic.  We're just obsessed with dragging women as a society, that it gets exploited online more…imo.  

And that goes beyond genre too.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the only ones who hold onto their problems and keep on adding more is the "Big Foot" hit maker Onika Petty:pig: and that irrelevant chick Azealia x

Everyone in the entertainment industry is "problematic". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ohwow said:

the way cancel culture just became another way for white ppl to try to police and control people of color

CropanimatedGIF.thumb.gif.82ccb5216c3472

let's wake this tea up bc this is a bigger conversation that needs to be had

spacer.png

Because many are or think they are hood / hard / that girl.

1 hour ago, professor2000 said:

I would argue the men are equally as problematic.  We're just obsessed with dragging women as a society, that it gets exploited online more…imo.  

And that goes beyond genre too.  

this is truth, 60s/70s rock guys esp were dodgy af

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

let's wake this tea up bc this is a bigger conversation that needs to be had

spacer.png

Pls don't make my poor Kirby the face of this panxianxiak

i was not co-signing the thread I was pointing out the irony of leaving out the biggest white woman in this category (which op said was an honest mistake) 

i think @ohwow either misunderstood or is just using my avatar bc it's funny? Idek 

Edited by ImpressMeMuch

the men are just as bad

Eminem always at war with mgk

kerser is jealous of 360's talent and is a drop kick

im sure there a heaps more but I don't pay attention since my faves are unprobematic (except denis stoff but we don't talk about him

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sun said:

The fact Iggy got cancelled for no reason in comparison to these girls nowadays :rip:

Racism+ blaccent + writing a letter in support of Murderer Lanez. The bar for no reason is at the bottom of the Mariana Trench these days :rip:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SuperCiC1 said:

Racism+ blaccent + writing a letter in support of Murderer Lanez. The bar for no reason is at the bottom of the Mariana Trench these days :rip:

"blaccent" "Murderer" :rip: girl shut up

Iggy's biggest "crime" was the slave master lyric which she had apologized for and retired like over a year before Fancy came out :dies:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, okgo said:

"blaccent" "Murderer:rip: girl shut up

Iggy's biggest "crime" was the slave master lyric which she had apologized for and retired like over a year before Fancy came out :dies:

What in the actual HELL?!?! Tory Lanez has killed and tried to kill many many people. He shot one of the greatest rappers of our time in a maniacal fit of complete psychosis. How dare you even defend him by proxy. :ghostface:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, okgo said:

"blaccent" "Murderer" :rip: girl shut up

Stop trying to under play racism to defend your fave. If we're not going to forgive celebrities who are homo/transphobic even though they "apologized" then we must do the same for the racist ones. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, glitch said:

Latto: Previously used a stage name which is often used as a racial slur

To be fair I think this was more out of ignorance than any genuine bad intentions.

2 hours ago, TiaTamera said:

Stop trying to under play racism to defend your fave. If we're not going to forgive celebrities who are homo/transphobic even though they "apologized" then we must do the same for the racist ones. 

mind you she literally has no career atm I will keep laughing at how she's still the one who gets under yall skin (seeing as she's the reason you bothered to comment in this thread) but y'all overlook actual criminal offenses and literal abuse daily so miss me with the patronizing

Edited by okgo

3 hours ago, okgo said:

mind you she literally has no career atm I will keep laughing at how she's still the one who gets under yall skin (seeing as she's the reason you bothered to comment in this thread) but y'all overlook actual criminal offenses and literal abuse daily so miss me with the patronizing

Because everything else is redundant. There's nothing to say about the others. Their bad deeds are already in the OP and I already said what I had to say in the respective threads that exposed the girls in the first place. But I love how you reduce me saying that defending racism is "patronizing" :laugh:

• Haha 1

the blueprint is lil kim, that's not hard to figure out why if you google her career

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.