Will TTPD break 25's record?

kwek_kwek

It will, and I pray it does. Both for her sake and ours

• Haha 2

I hope so! It will be the cherry on top of Taylor's already gargantuan peak :heart2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nah you need a ton of physical albums for that record, streaming is basically what's holding her back, even if she does 1 billion U.S streams it will be just 800k units. The record will be intact until an artist that's more popular on physicals and not really big on streaming. 

• Like 1

some of you prefer delulu classes to math ones

She will clear 2.5 million. I predict 2.8-3M.

I think it's possible 

7 hours ago, Twizzy said:

Definitively no, it's highly unlikely.

And honestly it shouldn't be unlikely, I would absolutely expect her to do 3.5M+ after:

• Apple Music created a "Taylor Swift" genre

• Instagram created the first ever refresh promo

• Spotify opened up TTPD pop-up libraries

• iHeartTaylor is playing her whole album across all their stations

• Twitter officially removed "Taylor Swift leak" from search results ahead of the album leaking

• All major US radio stations taking part in a "Twice the Taylor" where they play 2 Taylor songs hourly

• TikTok promoting her album upon opening the app

• UMG restored her music, first major artist to do so

It's a shame after all of this and those 5 vinyl variants with 1 new song on each of them, the album will not even crack 3M :michael:

"She should sell 3M because Twitter removed Taylor Swift leak" is crazy :gaycat7:

This week will be one for the history books 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

"She should sell 3M because Twitter removed Taylor Swift leak" is crazy :gaycat7:

No, she should sell 3M because there were 7 additional bullets I mentioned all fueled by extreme methods of promotion, the manipulation of radio, and even altering the coding of apps. I would expect 3M with this :hug:

She has a better shot now that the album almost doubled size in streaming, but it depends on how big the pure sales will be. Streaming alone won't get her there because of the formula.

STILL a 31-track Taylor album will give her crazy chart longevity if the project clicks with audiences. I guess she will hold on #1 for a while.

I'm very interested in how much her streaming numbers will impact other pop girls. It's a lot of music for her fans and casual to consume. Some will go deep RED on friday lol

I hope so, but I'm not sure. 

48 minutes ago, Twizzy said:

No, she should sell 3M because there were 7 additional bullets I mentioned all fueled by extreme methods of promotion, the manipulation of radio, and even altering the coding of apps. I would expect 3M with this :hug:

While you would probably expect 300k for others with same. All good :hug:

• Like 1

I hope so just for the ATRL meltdowns :michael:

Hopefully not. 25 was a MOMENT. This is just another Taylor Swift album.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

This album's first week numbers will be a testament to her peak and fan base  because the GP and casual fans won't be replaying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

This album's first week numbers will be a testament to her peak and fan base  because the GP and casual fans won't be replaying

Considering how the GP and casual fans are still replaying virtually all her albums to a high degree, it's definitely a bold to predict that this streak of 17 years will suddenly break with this album.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If not it'll be close

yes!

She won't. Not sure why some of you are trying to set her up. The biggest streaming units ever in first week don't even make to 1 million. She'd have to do 2.5 in SALES which is not possible and then 800k from streaming.

She's probably gonna do 2-2.5 million, that put her in the range to have the 2nd biggest first week ever which is an achievement itself.

11 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Not even close but she will probably get higher numbers than all of the other albums of on top200 combined :rip:

Combined twice. 

• Like 1

I don't think so. But this is the last time an artist will be close to 25's record. 

11 hours ago, Twizzy said:

Definitively no, it's highly unlikely.

And honestly it shouldn't be unlikely, I would absolutely expect her to do 3.5M+ after:

• Apple Music created a "Taylor Swift" genre

• Instagram created the first ever refresh promo

• Spotify opened up TTPD pop-up libraries

• iHeartTaylor is playing her whole album across all their stations

• Twitter officially removed "Taylor Swift leak" from search results ahead of the album leaking

• All major US radio stations taking part in a "Twice the Taylor" where they play 2 Taylor songs hourly

• TikTok promoting her album upon opening the app

• UMG restored her music, first major artist to do so

It's a shame after all of this and those 5 vinyl variants with 1 new song on each of them, the album will not even crack 3M :michael:

"The album will not even crack 3M" is one of the the most insane statements I have read on this website trying to downplay Taylor's success :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

No, but I think she has a chance to surpass the all time 2nd place which is NSYNC's No Strings Attached which sold 2.416M in its first week.

She would have to die on Sunday to get that Monday boost. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.