• Adele
    • SZA
    • P!nk
    • Dua Lipa
    • Olivia Rodrigo
    • Lady GaGa
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Other

Which MPG is the most and least musically versatile of all of the MPG's? :khalyan:

Poll is attached..

spacer.png

Edited by ImsoLOUD

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImsoLOUD

• WildHeart

• GraceRandolph

• Timeless

most GaGa

least Katy or Dua

Edited by sunbathinganimal

Most: Gaga

Least: Adele or Taylor

6 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

Most: Gaga (who isn't in the poll)

But Gaga is more of a master of none. Trying everything to see what sticks but a lot of lukewarm attempts. Hammy jazz singer impression, Joanne’s lame soft rock and country attempts, the watered-down house on Chromatica. 

Beyonce has done every genre successfully. And she can vary her vocal delivery to match it while Gaga maintains nearly the same vocal approach. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 22

I've voted Beyoncé for most versatile, for the fact that she has demonstrably shown she can tackle anything from pop to classic R&B to contemporary R&B to rap to dancehall to afrobeats to country to jazz to dancepop to funk to soul to opera-stylings to broadway to gospel to rock to house to disco to blues to latin to a variety of dance and R&B sub-genres etc. etc....

I would say that while she is perhaps the most versatile, it's not necessarily her approach that is versatile, but that she knows how to fit her approach into any style she's doing. Comparing that to Gaga, who demonstratively changes the way she sings in order to match a genre, Beyoncé's versatility is that her voice matches so much, and/or that she knows the small tweaks needed to be done to match it without having to transform her performance or core style.

Least versatile would have to be Adele, not for any lack of talent or possibly, but just by what she's shown us. She really hasn't ventured too far off from where she started nor where she has had the most success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Most: Madonna

Least: Adele or Taylor

• Like 1

The one I was going to vote least for isn't even on the poll, which makes sense actually :clap3:

Most is definitely Beyoncé or Rihanna currently. :heart:

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi

Beyoncé, Taylor, Rihanna, and Gaga are all widely praised for their versatility. 

Least versatile, at this point, would be Adele and Dua.

Adele is easily least versatile. It's a little unfair to put Dua and Olivia in the list because they haven't had much time to show their range yet.

• Like 2

Talking about being versatile and leaving Gaga out. I see what u did there. Not voting. Bye

Selena and Miley are missed from this list of most versatile

Selener can go from Naturally to Who Says, Love You Like a Love Song to Come & Get It, Good for You to Taki Taki, Bad Liar to Wolves, Fetish to Baila Conmigo, Lose You To Love Me to Calm Down 

Cyrus can go from Hannah to See You Again, Party in the USA to We Can't Stop, Malibu to Mothers Daughter, Midnight Sky to Flowers 

Ariana is missed from the less versatile 

From the listed: Rihanna (most), Adele and P!nk (less). 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 4

Obviously Rihanna, why is this a thread?

Honestly, I'd argue that Selena is more versatile than most on the list if not all. Yeah, she's not the most talented, but she made everything she tried work for her.

Edited by Le Grande

I think Rihanna is thee most versatile artist mentioned. With all due respect, Adele is the least. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.