Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

  • ATRL Moderator

Wait, y’all are melting down over the Spotify update? But the update is…good? :toofunny3:

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 738.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

I am so happy at Houdini do very well worldwide :alexz:

 

I became a fan of Dua Lipa when a friend ask me to go to the Future Nostalgia tour. That was the first time I heard any of the FN songs and I was blown away. 
 

I was not here on ATRL for the FN era. I am happy for the new era and glad to be here now :duca:

If this doesn't smash in the US, it will be like One Kiss all over again. An absolute monster everywhere else but peaked at a measly #23

 

Not that top 30 is bad (people on the net will think anything below a top 10 is atrocious) but still, that song was gigantic. And Houdini's worldwide performance is really good

I dont even care if it ends up tanking in the US anymore. 

34 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Wait, y’all are melting down over the Spotify update? But the update is…good? :toofunny3:

People here are very strange. I'm seeing even some Dua fans letting these random haters get into their heads. That's why I'm avoiding here. 

Rise Houdini rise, I’ll pretend the US doesnt exist just like I pretend We’re Poop doesnt exist in her discography

 

spacer.png

The meltdowns over a decent update. It sucks that the USA isn't stanning harder, they will in 3 months though

 :ryan3:

It's all xenophobia over America's Spotify update until Houdini peaks at #2 on Billboard Year End chart in 2024 

 

:ryan3:

 

  • ATRL Moderator

F-4zN3na4AAJAxA?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Like....y'all are upset at this? :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

It's all xenophobia over America's Spotify update until Houdini peaks at #2 on Billboard Year End chart in 2024 

 

:ryan3:

 

greedy going to block her from #1 on Year End too now? 

:ryan3:

before 2023 finishes checklist:

 

- BBMAs performance

- promotional song, similar to FN (title track promo song)

- album title announcement

- TV show / SNL / BBC live lounge

 

and i would be happy as a fan

Edited by houdini

2 hours ago, seanbworth said:

How can she possibly lose USA streams on a Monday update? Is American taste really THAT bad or do they actually hate her sm? I’m sorry y’all, it’s the streaming era and it shouldn’t take months of radio play for room temperature-IQ Americans to catch on to the constant bops dua has to offer. It’s so annoying because if the USA supported her, #1 on Spotify Global would’ve been hers, FN would’ve had 2 #1 singles, BMH would’ve been a top 10 hit, and the list goes on. You mean to tell me she dropped one of the biggest pop albums arguable of the entire century and Americans are still not moving when she breathes??? They don’t deserve her at all.

I went to 2 sold out arena shows for Dua in America. When Dua releases the right stuff we show up. I still love this song tho. 

This wont catch on in the US unless she puts a rapper on it or she does DSN sized promo there. Lets keep it a hundo

  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, makeme said:

I went to 2 sold out arena shows for Dua in America. When Dua releases the right stuff we show up. I still love this song tho. 

This is such a good song, why do you think this is the wrong release? :skull: 

 

2 minutes ago, houdini said:

This wont catch on in the US unless she puts a rapper on it or she does DSN sized promo there. Lets keep it a hundo

There is no way an English language track will smash in Canada, Australia, Europe, eastern Asia, and Latin America and somehow NOT smash in the US. This is not Asereje part 2!

So as an update on the Publishing stuff, the CD says “Published by Radical22 Publishing Limited administered by Universal Music Publishing”

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

This is such a good song, why do you think this is the wrong release? :skull: 

 

There is no way an English language track will smash in Canada, Australia, Europe, eastern Asia, and Latin America and somehow NOT smash in the US. This is not Asereje part 2!

I dont get why people dont understand that the US simply cares more about DTN atm and doesnt really need a new Dua song at this point. The "comeback" simply isn't felt there as of yet. I'd bet money on the fact the US will start to give attention to Houdini after the Xmas freeze

we need an iconic live performance like DSN at the EMAs for Houdini

 

:ryan3:

 

 

33 minutes ago, khalyan said:

F-4zN3na4AAJAxA?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Like....y'all are upset at this? :rip: 

Oh Dua Lupita :jonny5:

Rising all over the world :party: however the USA the only country where it’s falling :noparty:

 

I hope radio promo she is doing help a little 

Just now, Ivan_brit said:

Rising all over the world :party: however the USA the only country where it’s falling :noparty:

 

I hope radio promo she is doing help a little 

it s weird the US aren't connecting well to the song . the radio deal is huge hence the freefall on Spotify 

3 hours ago, seanbworth said:

How can she possibly lose USA streams on a Monday update? Is American taste really THAT bad or do they actually hate her sm? I’m sorry y’all, it’s the streaming era and it shouldn’t take months of radio play for room temperature-IQ Americans to catch on to the constant bops dua has to offer. It’s so annoying because if the USA supported her, #1 on Spotify Global would’ve been hers, FN would’ve had 2 #1 singles, BMH would’ve been a top 10 hit, and the list goes on. You mean to tell me she dropped one of the biggest pop albums arguable of the entire century and Americans are still not moving when she breathes??? They don’t deserve her at all.

It's not that serious

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.