Weed vs alcohol, which do u prefer?

DeepEnd

Vice   

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Weed
    • Alcohol

2 hours ago, ScubaDive said:

I'm so fascinated by the members who don't use either. It's a music forum. How do you enjoy music without weed or alcohol? 

If the music is good you shouldn't need brain altering substances. Like, I feel like I'm in another world when I listen to amazing music. 

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetea

• C-Amber

• shyboi

• DeepEnd

Top Posters In This Topic

Weed fries your brain cells to a crisp, alcohol rots your brain cells to a mush.

Both awful and toxic - stay away! Literal poison.

papiyerr-natalie-nunn.gif

• Like 1

Alcohol makes me more #arrestable and weed makes me paranoid thats why i smoke more weed to calm myself down 🤫🫠

Edited by bluemoonstar

I rarely use drugs, but I always thought weed was so lame. It might just be the way that it affects me personally, but all it ever did for me was make me tired, hungry, anxious or all three at the same time :rip: Alcohol actually helps you have a fun time at least, the key is to not overdo it so you don't get a hangover

14 hours ago, thetea said:

there's literally so many other things people do that is harmful to their health. smoking cigarettes, vaping, eating fast food, sugary food and prolonged use of medications. people are always searching for ways to alter their consciousness. there's really nothing wrong with consuming alcohol and weed in moderation, it's just people who use alcohol and weed to extreme levels that cause people to say things like this. 

Just because there are tons of other harmful things clears weed and alcohol. You can bring few good things about these two things but also if you search their harm are way higher and bigger then any good thing they can do, if weed are used for medicines by doctors order then that's completely fine and needed, but to use it freely and any time you want, nah, it's addiction, and anything related to addiction is bad and will always be bad and harmful. For me Alcohol and weed (any drugs in general) are extremely no for me, they done great harm to billions of people and they still do.

5 hours ago, C-Amber said:

n bring few good things about these two things but also if you search their harm are way higher and bigger then any good thing they can do

there's so many studies that prove that alcohol in moderation can help to prolong your lifespan (†), i'm not well versed enough to speak on weed, but it helps people with insomnia, various types of bodily pain and mental health issues. weed has even been cited as a potential alternative to opiod medications which do have negative side effects, and the potential for physical addiction (††). there's a lot of conflicting research and results for the efficacy of weed for medicinal purposes, but legalisation for medicinal purposes hasn't been long enough for definitive proof for it's harm nor it's benefits. the reality is that a lot of things that people ingest nowadays is harmful, even the air we breathe has micro plastics and fumes from cars, factories and even bushfires thanks to global warming. there's really nothing wrong with consuming weed or alcohol in moderation. the only worrying factor about the consumption of the two things is that a lot of people use them as crutches / escapes from the reality of their lives which is what we really need to look out for. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thetea said:

there's so many studies that prove that alcohol in moderation can help to prolong your lifespan (†), i'm not well versed enough to speak on weed, but it helps people with insomnia, various types of bodily pain and mental health issues. weed has even been cited as a potential alternative to opiod medications which do have negative side effects, and the potential for physical addiction (††). there's a lot of conflicting research and results for the efficacy of weed for medicinal purposes, but legalisation for medicinal purposes hasn't been long enough for definitive proof for it's harm nor it's benefits. the reality is that a lot of things that people ingest nowadays is harmful, even the air we breathe has micro plastics and fumes from cars, factories and even bushfires thanks to global warming. there's really nothing wrong with consuming weed or alcohol in moderation. the only worrying factor about the consumption of the two things is that a lot of people use them as crutches / escapes from the reality of their lives which is what we really need to look out for. 

Like I said it's what I believe, for me Alcohol will never be okay with me, no matter what use, the way it created, made and consumed its a big no to me, personally, culturally and religiously. It cons are way bigger and harmful then pros, and I don't think such thing is worthy, it literally destroyed families and lives every single day. For weed I only think its should be used when doctor says its necessary for patients with certain illness, but Big no for free usage, people will immediately abuse it and harm themselves, especially teens.

I prefer substances that expand your mind and make you introspective. I'm also on medication for insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, and depression, but if I didn't need those meds. (and trust me, I do-- at least for now), cannabis and psychedelics for me! Both help my mental and physical health in ways that other treatment plans have failed to do; however, I'm using these substances more medicinally than recreationally, so maybe that's the difference! 

Alcohol because cocktails are fun and the range of different flavours you can make is almost limitless.

Never touched weed or had any desire to do it. 

4 hours ago, zasderfght said:

I'm also on medication for insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, and depression, but if I didn't need those meds. (and trust me, I do-- at least for now)

same. i take medications for anxiety, depression, insomnia and chronic migraines but i find that having weed every once and a while really helps me. weed helps me fall asleep, calms my anxiety and numbs migraines when i get them. the only thing i do is avoid being in public while high because i find that it heightens my anxiety around others. 

6 hours ago, C-Amber said:

Like I said it's what I believe, for me Alcohol will never be okay with me, no matter what use, the way it created, made and consumed its a big no to me, personally, culturally and religiously. It cons are way bigger and harmful then pros, and I don't think such thing is worthy, it literally destroyed families and lives every single day. For weed I only think its should be used when doctor says its necessary for patients with certain illness, but Big no for free usage, people will immediately abuse it and harm themselves, especially teens.

that's fair. we all have our own opinions, and if you've seen harm to others caused by alcohol and weed then it's fair that you'd be against it's usage for recreational purposes

Neither for me. I am very health conscious and neither appeal to me and never did.

Also alcohol and smoking age tf out of you. I’ve seen so many people who look a lot older than they are and the culprit was always alcohol and smoking weed :rip:

1 hour ago, suneclipse121 said:

Neither for me. I am very health conscious and neither appeal to me and never did.

Also alcohol and smoking age tf out of you. I’ve seen so many people who look a lot older than they are and the culprit was always alcohol and smoking weed :rip:

You can be health-conscious and still take drugs-- some of my doctors actually recommended medical-grade cannabis for chronic pain or nausea. And I mostly drink water, I don't drink alcohol/sodas, I drink green tea instead of coffee, and I eat more lean-proteins, if it's beef or pork, it's grass-feed (and I'm very particular about the brand and having no added nitrates or ingredients I'm unfamiliar with), and I get in at least 10,000 steps a day. Also, if you consume or drink cannabis-infused products, I don't see the long-term health ramifications imo. I've actually eaten the healthiest I've eaten in awhile (making sure to get omega-3's like eating lox/fish and oats/oatmeal/bananas for fiber). Not doing drugs or doing them (within reason, obviously) are both fine. 

My good experiences with alcohol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my weed experiences >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my bad experiences with alcohol

Rarely have either, but much prefer alcohol/being drunk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.