Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Update: Netflix now backtracking amid backlash

Featured Replies

:ahh:

glad i donโ€™t use netflix or any other streaming platform (except apple music), soap2day or 123movies for the win :gaycatina1:

  • Replies 153
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just gonna lead to people cancelling, my mum likes to use hers when travelling and also I use it and don't live at hers. So she will probably just cancel it over this and I'm not signing up.ย 

1 hour ago, youreyesgocold said:

No, if I understand correctly they are saying every device which you use to stream needs to have been connected to your main wifi network in the past 31 days to not be blocked.ย 


It doesnโ€™t do much to block mobile devices because you just need to visit your friend and familyโ€™s house once a month to login which is a pretty low threshold.. but I guess itโ€™s a big deal for TVs because you canโ€™t really lug a 50โ€ over to your momโ€™s house every month to login.

Well I assume a large base use streaming devices such as an AppleTV or Roku stick that can easily transported.ย :eli:ย But yeah, a mess.ย :snowman:

35 minutes ago, magazine said:

the gurlies in here really trying to STEAL from netflix and now blaming them for accountabilityย :gaycat6:

Y'all were already pirating! SUFFER

ย 

Hx1YSjS.gif

No, this would be the correct response if the new measures were effective in targeting only those who account share.ย 

ย 

But these new rules will create obstacles to accessing the platform and add administrative burden to those who already abide by the โ€œone account per userโ€ rule. Itโ€™s idiotic and hilariously short sighted to approve measures that actively punish the legitimate portion or your user base, in the hope of snaring new users who will instead be pushed into more direct methods of pirating long before they ever set up a subscription.ย 

Hulu does something similar. This sucks for college students, and those stationed overseas.ย 

They're insane, their only luck is that the other platform have terrible usability compared to them

I have to travel all the time for work, and often for more than 31 days at a time. Do I just not get to have Netflixย :snowman:

Back to the seven seas for me.

LMAOOO. Digging their own grave. Iโ€™m cancelling Netflix the moment this gets implemented in my country.

ย 

This is seriously absurd. People share password because the plan specifically states one account could actually play 4 devices simultaneously. I do not understand the reason why they should get strict on this. Why does it matter where people access the app?

ย 

Dumb company.

Welp I guess this is the end of Netflix then.ย Theyโ€™ll try to reverse it after maybe a year, but by then people will have realised thereโ€™s no need for them to have it anymore.

19 minutes ago, jomarr said:

LMAOOO. Digging their own grave. Iโ€™m cancelling Netflix the moment this gets implemented in my country.

ย 

This is seriously absurd. People share password because the plan specifically states one account could actually play 4 devices simultaneously. I do not understand the reason why they should get strict on this. Why does it matter where people access the app?

ย 

Dumb company.

babes, 4 devices on your freaking house

what else did you think?? it's for families

the nerve

ย 

Hx1YSjS.gifHx1YSjS.gif

I'm pretty sure the account I use added the $3 additional fee... I just e-transfer my friend for my portion. Can't they just keep the additional fee and let us use it? It's not that much lol... I don't want to create a new account where my viewing history of over 5 years will no longer exist. If that's the case I'll create my own account with a direct competitor.ย 

2 hours ago, nadiamendell said:

Can't wait for them to act confused when they have a mass exodus of subscribers.ย :gaycat5:

Unfortunately they are already expecting this, and have discussed it publicly. They think they will win all those people back over the next few years, saying they will release big shows like "Stranger Things" or "Wednesday"... lol good luck to them.ย 

2 hours ago, Raptus said:

hate to say it but Netflix will win this. People on the internet always screamย  how they gonna cancel/stop using something and they never do because they too lazy :rip:

You have a point, but this is the sort of thing that can piss lazy people off enough to do something. If they have to go through the trouble of "unblocking" devices for a service they've already paid for, suddenly the lazier thing to do would be to cancel and use another streaming service that doesn't make them have to do that.

3 hours ago, 305 said:

This makes no sense. A college student who uses their parents account but lives in a different city would be blocked and have to make their own account? A mess

yeah but i's a household plan based, not family plan based...so it make sense but still mess lol

43 minutes ago, magazine said:

babes, 4 devices on your freaking house

what else did you think?? it's for families

the nerve

ย 

Hx1YSjS.gifHx1YSjS.gif

Netflixโ€™s PR team working overtime on ATRL we fear!

ย 

Hx1YSjS.gif

37 minutes ago, Richmond said:

Netflixโ€™s PR team working overtime on ATRL we fear!

ย 

Hx1YSjS.gif

ย 

But can Netflix give me a free subscription?

You won't find me spending money on that garbage, ma'am!!

ย 

Hx1YSjS.gif

This is the bullshit that makes me still pirate everything except music.

ย 

I'm not paying $10 for one or two shows on this service, another $10+ for one or two shows on another service, another $10 for this service, etc etc.

ย 

Streaming would be convenient if there weren't 50000 different streaming platforms.

  • Author
3 hours ago, Archetype said:

I pay for my own Netflix account (no one else uses it but me) and I havenโ€™t been โ€œhomeโ€ in over 60 days. ย Are they going to block me for constantly traveling? ย Wtf is this ****??? ย Iโ€™m not about to fly to NYC every 30 days just to keep my account active.

Girl, this whole thing is only affecting those who are sharing passwordsย :dies:

42 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

Streaming would be convenient if there weren't 50000 different streaming platforms.

Yes but thankfully we still have the convenience to subscribe month to month. I am doing a rotation and binging everything I want to watch each month on Netflix, then cancelling and binging whateverโ€™s new on Disney plus for the next month in a cycle. Itโ€™s a bit of overhead, and you might be a few weeks delayed on something, but at least itโ€™s $15 for โ€œeverythingโ€.ย 
ย 

Now as soon as they start locking you in on 2 year contracts like cable (theyโ€™ve already added ad tiers and now household restrictions, so contracts isnโ€™t far away), it will ensure the end of this model as a replacement for cable

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.