Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

I wish it was Poppy smashing instead but glad Stayc gurlz are getting their things again

 

They'll be back in my good graces once the next mini is as good as the Young Luv EP

 

spacer.png

I'm happy for STAYC but WHAT is going on with this song? I went back and listened to it again cause I thought maybe I missed something but no, it's still just a 2nd gen leftover that's serviceable at best. Still, no group has released anything that sounds like it in a really long time so maybe people are nostalgic for the sound. Also, it's a fun song, so.

The kindergarten children mass streaming Teddy Bear every day has got it to where it is now :coffee2:

 

Literally nothing about that song is targeted for anyone older than that 

I'm happy people can now stop thinking their dumb "rankings" mean anything. 4th gen is much faster moving than 2nd gen and 3rd gen to an extent, but the way yall act like 1 underperformance from a gg means they're completely irrelevant. 

 

DnUj0Jc.gif

Korea heard Isa opening verse, Isa chorus, Isa bridge, and had no choice but to stream 

DnUj0Jc.gif

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

I'm happy people can now stop thinking their dumb "rankings" mean anything. 4th gen is much faster moving than 2nd gen and 3rd gen to an extent, but the way yall act like 1 underperformance from a gg means they're completely irrelevant. 

 

DnUj0Jc.gif

It has more to do with the girls here being stupid and not knowing what an underperformance is.

 

STAYC have been consistently growing.

Star To A Young Culture - Single - 70,967

STAYDOM - Single - 106,059

STEREOTYPE - Mini - 209,173

YOUNG-LUV.COM - Mini - 258,572

We Need Love - Single - 261,827

 

NMIXX are the ones stagnating and Kep1er are the only major act declining. We should be worried for Kep1er and it looks like NMIXX are about to have huge growth despite losing a member.

10 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It has more to do with the girls here being stupid and not knowing what an underperformance is.

 

STAYC have been consistently growing.

Star To A Young Culture - Single - 70,967

STAYDOM - Single - 106,059

STEREOTYPE - Mini - 209,173

YOUNG-LUV.COM - Mini - 258,572

We Need Love - Single - 261,827

 

NMIXX are the ones stagnating and Kep1er are the only major act declining. We should be worried for Kep1er and it looks like NMIXX are about to have huge growth despite losing a member.

It's fine Kep1er have another year or two left so at this point they're only releasing music for the contract, I'm sure they also know the music isn't going to be successful 

 

If NMIXX get a hit song after a member leaves it's going to be another Lesserafim moment :rip:

2 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

It's fine Kep1er have another year or two left so at this point they're only releasing music for the contract, I'm sure they also know the music isn't going to be successful 

 

If NMIXX get a hit song after a member leaves it's going to be another Lesserafim moment :rip:

i mean considering the fact that they promote their comebacks everywhere for like 2 months straight they are bound to get a hit at some point

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

I'm happy for STAYC but WHAT is going on with this song? I went back and listened to it again cause I thought maybe I missed something but no, it's still just a 2nd gen leftover that's serviceable at best. Still, no group has released anything that sounds like it in a really long time so maybe people are nostalgic for the sound. Also, it's a fun song, so.

It really is giving second gen with that autotune :rip:
 

I love STAYC and am prone to a kids bop but I still can’t get into Teddy bear. The chorus is literally so basic. 

 

spacer.png

I don't mind teddy bear. I enjoy it more than I dislike it, i just don't really like the "Teddy bear wooo woo woo" parts. It's so elementary. 

1 hour ago, Antunes said:

NGG

 

DnUj0Jc.gif

why couldn’t Run2U snatch like this eh

48 minutes ago, Antunes said:

stayc already having more hits than aespa 

 

DnUj0Jc.gif


isn’t aespa the las ketchup of kpop?

 

u only need 2 hits to outpeak them

DnUj0Jc.gif

 

1 hour ago, thirdward said:

stayc dethroning newjennies 

who would’ve thought 

time to remake tho gen 4 rankings 

spacer.png

4th Gen GG rankings

 

1. STAY C - NEW NGG

2. New Jennies 

3. IVE

4. Itzy

5. Gidle

6. Le Sserafim 

7. Kepler

8. Adspa

9. XG

10. nmixx

 

 

DnUj0Jc.gif

21 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I don't mind teddy bear. I enjoy it more than I dislike it, i just don't really like the "Teddy bear wooo woo woo" parts. It's so elementary. 

this is exactly how i feel nnn

that and the autotune during J’s rap

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

It's fine Kep1er have another year or two left so at this point they're only releasing music for the contract, I'm sure they also know the music isn't going to be successful 

 

If NMIXX get a hit song after a member leaves it's going to be another Lesserafim moment :rip:

Kep1er are the final 4th gen debut girls. They’re all supposed to be the faces of upcoming girl groups like Wonyoung and Sakura and they just can’t compare. They’re all kind of LOONA now.

 

And NMIXX will definitely get a hit soon. They have too much talent and promo to not.

28 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:


isn’t aespa the las ketchup of kpop?

 

u only need 2 hits to outpeak them

DnUj0Jc.gif

Black Mamba - #49

Next Level - #2, 2nd biggest GG Circle Digital Points total

Savage - #2

Dreams Come True - #8

Girls - #8

Illusion - #14

 

There’s a reason they’re the third biggest 4th gen group in digitals
DnUj0Jc.gif

4th gen rankings in terms of success in general right now:

 

1. NewJennies

2. IVE

3. LE SSERAFIM

4. GIDLE

5. aespa

6. ITZY

7. IZ*ONE

8. NMIXX

9. STAYC +1

10. Kep1er -1

 

 

 

4th gen ranking in terms of quality:

 

1. EVERGLOW (The best discography in KPOP idc)

2. aespa

3. ITZY

4. XG

5. NewJennies

6. LE SSERAFIM

7. IVE

8. GIDLE

9. STAYC

10. LOONA

Edited by Pluto2022

Teddy Bear is a bop but it's so cringe :redface: Literally music for kindergarten 

I'm surprised Korea is buying it

The "Bo Beep Bo Beep" of 4th gen


Please we need a good gg this time. SNSD debuted almost 16 years ago and RV almost 9 years ago. It’s about time they give us another well rounded gg. 

JYP being smart. 

He knows Korean is eating that kindergarten sounds right now ie. Sneakers, Teddy Bear, that's why he chose that new NMIXX b-side. 

 

 

55 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

4th gen rankings in terms of success in general right now:

 

1. NewJennies

2. IVE

3. LE SSERAFIM

4. GIDLE

5. aespa

6. ITZY

7. IZ*ONE

8. NMIXX

9. STAYC +1

10. Kep1er -1

You are delusional :skull:

Someone in the comments said the chorus sounds like Starship By Nicki Minaj and they're right 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.