Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Thank you Red Velvet for giving Hyunjin his most viewed fancam with 10M views and makinh him go viral, and also making more people tune into SKZ :ghostface: 

 

This takes me back to my days as a STAY and having Hyunjin as my bias

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

10 minutes ago, Zack said:

Birthday was supposedly filmed in March and meant to be released much earlier. I think it would have been fine as a stop gap comeback before a 3rd one, but it is what it is. It peaked in the top 20, but without promotion (they did barely any) and no real push it wasn't given much of a chance by SM.

I think the photos from March 2022 were just something else because Wendy only dyed her hair in October

Edited by katyberry

2 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

I have noticed that main vocals in groups are usually kinda underrated compared to the other members such as Rosé, Jihyo, Wendy etc., like I don't think there has ever been a popular group with the main vocal being the most popular member? :deadbanana2: 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook and Jimin without question, but its sadly mainly for their visuals as the maknae line are seen as the true visuals

7 minutes ago, xrosup said:

TWICE had the last laugh huh

 

 

The Japan Hot 100 is not a real chart.

 

Step And A Step - #1

Take A Picture/Poppin’ Shakin’ - #1

Clap Clap - #1

Blue Moon - #2


Make You Happy - #1

U - #1

 

Paradise was just released today so hasn’t even had a day to chart yet :skull: 


tbh this is one of the best reactions they’ve done in ages because it’s not just like, plain stanning the way some of their recent stuff has been

 

Birthday is still such a confusing decision for a title track but idk it’s fun and I enjoy it for what it is, mess and all. definitely down near the bottom of the list for me tho

Just now, katyberry said:

 

I think the photos from March 2022 were just something else because Wendy only dyed her hair in October

They could have re-filmed those scenes with new hair. It's been done before.

 

There was no other reason for all members of RV and their team to be filming at the exact same location back in March last year. Plus they were supposed to have a concert in Korea around the time of the comeback and the streets were saying they were planning to tease the follow up to FMR at the concert, so it adds up.

 

Birthday as a song was also written in 2021, so we know that it existed already too.

13 minutes ago, katyberry said:

This takes me back to my days as a STAY and having Hyunjin as my bias

Omg, why did you leave the fandom? 

 

4 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

Jungkook and Jimin without question, but its sadly mainly for their visuals as the maknae line are seen as the true visuals

V is definitely the most popular member though

1 minute ago, DanyelP23 said:

 

 

TOP 3 hit!

not stayc being the ones to end new jeans reign :chick2:

4 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

 

 

TOP 3 hit!

isn’t this higher than RUN2U? good job :clap3:

EYE personally don't understand yew @Zack I feel like you should know first hand the idiocracy of the sheep in this thread, isn't there an SNSD stan who comes in here once in a blue moon with the catch me if you can avi JUST to come at you for Jessica??? Honestly the only people in here that are ever nasty to u outside of that twilight zone era where it was all VIXX vs Jessica are sheep and sheep ALONE. So to see u constantly treat people in here the way the sheep do to u just for staning Jessica is odd as hell idk. No one in this base ever comes for Jessica's popularity and opportunities post SNSD that isn't a sheep or a SNSD fan. Like shouldn't you know users in here's beef with sheep first hand? You go through the same sh*t we do, constantly being provoked out of nowhere and then being told we're being sensitive, i just feel like ur one of us regardless of if u stan majority SM artists :penguin:

Edited by Babymomo

6 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Omg, why did you leave the fandom? 

This sounds super mean but it was only because Hyunjin (my bias) ruined his face! I sticked with this man during his entire bullying scandal, his hiatus and even with the thunderous comeback which I didn't like but that truly was my last straw! If their next cb is good then I might rejoin the fandom again

it's not success stanning to admit that Teddy Bear is a whole ass bop!

 

the infectious BEP melodies

the chorus choreo

the hats

the fact that teddy bears are a universally beloved stuffed animal

 

kinda iconically genius on BEP's part

 

 

Edited by Lost In Paradise

Birthday is actually FUN and CATCHY! I had to say it. It doesn't deserve all the lashings and there would probably be less of them if it didn't flop.

 

On a Ride is circus music. Idk why people wanted that to be a title track instead.

5 minutes ago, katyberry said:

This sounds super mean but it was only because Hyunjin (my bias) ruined his face! I sticked with this man during his entire bullying scandal, his hiatus and even with the thunderous comeback which I didn't like but that truly was my last straw! If their next cb is good then I might rejoin the fandom again

This is crazy to me cause to me Hyunjin doesn't look that different, it's not like he came back with a new different face

Teddy Bear becoming bigger than Run2U yup StayC are here to STAY. I hope they continue promo bc it's truly starting to pop off now.

5 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

it's not success stanning to admit that Teddy Bear is a whole ass bop!

 

the infectious BEP melodies

the chorus choreo

the hats

the fact that teddy bears are a universally beloved stuffed animal

 

kinda iconically genius on BEP's part

 

 

The song is very good but would've been 100% to me without the rap

12 minutes ago, katyberry said:

This sounds super mean but it was only because Hyunjin (my bias) ruined his face! I sticked with this man during his entire bullying scandal, his hiatus and even with the thunderous comeback which I didn't like but that truly was my last straw! If their next cb is good then I might rejoin the fandom again

The amount of SKZ stans in here whew :clap3: I swear a new stan pops up in here every week :dies:

 

Anyways some of y'all are truly doing too much on Hyunjin, like it's not like he's Jungwoo or Yeonjun kinda botched. I honestly do not see a big difference. Felix on the other hand though, the way he managed to debut with 3 new faces and still manage to not look botched :ghostface:

Edited by Pluto2022

stayc alienating their international fanbase for greater domestic support with these kid bopz’d twice lite song is kinda genius.

 

bep saw twice ditching them to pander to the western market and decided to put those demos to good use 

 

sieun-teddy-crop.gif.84f19154bc7e4e50316

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The amount of SKZ stans in here whew :clap3: I swear a new stan pops up in here every week :dies:

 

Anyways some of y'all are truly doing too much on Hyunjin, like it's not like he's Jungwoo or Yeonjun kinda botched. I honestly do not see a big difference. Felix on the other hand though, the way he managed to debut with 3 new faces and still manage to not look botched :ghostface:

Jungwoo??????

BEP kinda the timbaland of K-pop if we really think about it, however i kinda hate the probable concept shift they're gonna take following this success, i need them to release more CVNT excellency and less suger high beats for kids, So Bad still feels like crack to me. :jamming:

Teddy Bear still not for me but I’ll never give up on my stayc girls :jonnycat:

9 minutes ago, xrosup said:

This is crazy to me cause to me Hyunjin doesn't look that different, it's not like he came back with a new different face

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Anyways some of y'all are truly doing too much on Hyunjin, like it's not like he's Jungwoo or Yeonjun kinda botched. I honestly do not see a big difference.

Maybe you guys are right but I just MISS MY HUSBAND :jonny5:

You guys can't convince me he still looks the same idk

 

1 minute ago, Antunes said:

stayc alienating their international fanbase

I disagree. I think STAYC is a rare case where their international fans like the same music from them as their korean fans

 

also they are truly a group of 6 distinct personalities and vocal flavors, so all of their fans just love hearing them on GOOD songs regardless of the genre. if we want to talk groups that have zero filler members, STAYC is on that list.

5 minutes ago, Antunes said:

stayc alienating their international fanbase for greater domestic support with these kid bopz’d twice lite song is kinda genius.

 

bep saw twice ditching them to pander to the western market and decided to put those demos to good use 

 

sieun-teddy-crop.gif.84f19154bc7e4e50316

I mean it was the right decision considering they would never reach huge heights if they pursued international success

 

Just keep going kcon in LA and promoting that way STAYC :rip:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.