Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

37 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

C'MON FULL ALBUM LADIES...PLEASE

 

:jonny5:

29 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

The way I still don't get the whole ''Our youth'' theme, 2nd year in a row :dies: but we're seated!

 

Me neither :dies: but I hope we get something fresh this time around, we’ve had enough of the retro sound now (even though Talk That Talk was a banger)

1 hour ago, JonginBey said:

NCT only has 4 vocalists that sing with support, and Jaehyun is one of them. I do think he should be a lead vocalist given the gap between him and Taeil/Doyoung, but SM likes to do a main vocal trio for some of their boy groups. Since Jaehyun is the third best vocalist in NCT, it makes sense. The real sneak is Haechan. He's the best vocalist in Dream, so it makes sense for him to have the title there, but it makes no sense for him to be one in 127, especially when even Jungwoo is a better technical vocalist. 

 

:clack:

Exactly! Btw, it’s so sad how Taeil and Jungwoo have been so underutilized in that group! :khalyan:

 

50 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Says the Stray Kids stan:bibliahh:

Did I lie though? Jaehyun is very limited in terms of range and can mostly only sing in 1 range which is his baritone, just like Mina and her whisper vocals
E4BISc1VoAkQT_W.jpg
 

34 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

um because he can ACTUALLY sing... 

 

nicki.png

 

lets watch some NCT videos from their recent The Unity concert!

he really shows off his vocals

Maybe a lead vocal position would be more fitting for him then :clack:

 

The way these two songs still feel like actual magic all these years later. Like a lot of songs are just pure fun for me but these two actively impact my emotion, especially the chorus of April Story. There was just something in this 3rd gen gg sound

 

April Story is kinda my favorite winter kpop song ever perhaps

 

ee8b6f50f7d669f93dae81b2d7f93f7c14321b18

2 hours ago, supertiffany said:

yg should do an audition but not for idols

 

but for songwriters and producers

 

most importantly 

 

yg should do an audition for his replacement

 

he just doesnt have it anymore, his old school methods is clearly not working anymore currenty

 

or best yg should do an audition to replace everyone in their company from the stakeholders to their bodyguards, because all of them are incompetent!

YG has like 35 songwriters and producers they just only uses a few.

 

For example ROVIN who co-produced Love Lee - AKMU, has not worked much with YG. You can see him on WEi and The Boyz albums.

 

Bigtone can be seen on Secret Number, KARD, A.C.E etc...

 

Woo!Ah! had a whole mini album produced by Hae, Lil G, Sonny and Kobee who are all YG producers.

 

whats the point of the intense dance training bm and bp went through if they’re not given good choreography even though we know the girls can dance?

they are so crazy, even as SHIN3e

this choreo remains one of the best ever in kpoop methinks

 

 

:worship:

Just now, bunnyeyes said:

whats the point of the intense dance training bm and bp went through if they’re not given good choreography even though we know the girls can dance?

Think of iKON and Winner both learning how to do breakdancing and acrobatics. And then having basic one two steps choreos.

2 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Think of iKON and Winner both learning how to do breakdancing and acrobatics. And then having basic one two steps choreos.

It’s just glorified hazing atp :toofunny2:

4 hours ago, Xalric said:

On another note

Seunghee from CLC revealed that this is Sorn and hers vocal being in the background. CLC recorded this song first.

 

She then added that HyunA's vocals are actually on Hobgoblin because it was her song originally.

The way I KNEW this was true somehow, I'm glad they finally confirmed it. 

 

I remember saying in this thread once that I felt like HyunA and CLC swapped songs with Hobgoblin and Babe because of the sound and I thought I was going crazy because I could hear their vocals on each song. 

 

In the end they released the right ones. Hobgoblin got CLC the most attention and Babe was perfect for HyunA and the lyrics really fit her.

But yeah the big company auditions always happens after a debut, then every year they have a smaller ones. 

 

Like SM had a whole new class of SM Rookies right before or after aespa debut. Even tho they already had the next GG already in preparation.

5 minutes ago, bunnyeyes said:

whats the point of the intense dance training bm and bp went through if they’re not given good choreography even though we know the girls can dance?

not to mention yg showcases a lot of vocals during their pre-debut and not a single line utilized that

9 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

 

The way these two songs still feel like actual magic all these years later. Like a lot of songs are just pure fun for me but these two actively impact my emotion, especially the chorus of April Story. There was just something in this 3rd gen gg sound

 

April Story is kinda my favorite winter kpop song ever perhaps

 

ee8b6f50f7d669f93dae81b2d7f93f7c14321b18

one of the best to ever do it tbh 

5 hours ago, Veiko said:

More like “minji d-“ but yeah she took a Screenshot I’m sure MHJ won’t let this slide. Newjeans are her babies 

No clue what that means 

These two scoops fancams live in my mind rent free @Save-Me-Oprah

 


also I think the CLAP fancam is the skinniest I’ve ever seen him @gigantopithecus

wonbin and sohee are so amazing here

I think RIIZE's music is cute but they really need a grand epic song like this

 

 

1 hour ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

The way I still don't get the whole ''Our youth'' theme, 2nd year in a row :dies: but we're seated!

 

glad someone else remembers this....i was very much getting deja vu

54 minutes ago, DelRey said:

 

 

ZeroTopsAllowed should recruit him

 

 

 

taeyong ate this a bit

11 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

If you know, you know. :toofunny2:

 

:cm:

Already? :deadbanana:

57 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

These two scoops fancams live in my mind rent free @Save-Me-Oprah

 


also I think the CLAP fancam is the skinniest I’ve ever seen him @gigantopithecus

Let me remind myself to watch these later this evening when I’m in the comfort of my own home 


spacer.png

 

4 hours ago, Sailor Moon said:

There's something nostalgic about this song idk ..

 

But I miss this era, we had kill this love/fancy/boy with luv back to back (and other great songs).

It's kinda crazy how in 2019 the 4th gen wasn't even a thing, we only had itzy,txt and gidle :deadbanana2:so many groups debuted since then.

 

a time yes, I even liked bts

Miss Yoonaprodhite doing concert venues for fanmeetings. 

 

 

She need to book some LATAM dates, KTL was a huge smash there on top of being the Nation's Visual of the Greatest Korean Girl Group  :gayalipacat3:

 

 

 

Edited by Odette Violet

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.