Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

oh maybe i’m dumb but either way outside of asia they’re still a non factor  :michael:

And that’s why the « non factor » group are the headliner of the biggest festival in the World :bibliahh:

 

 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

“She’s a movie movie star she wants it she wants it” is cute but cute next to gorgeous “wake up in Day One” (what a great opening line), gorgeous is gonna devour cute I fear

happy.gif

The verses are cute but when it gets into the chorus and the hybe vocal processing becomes noticeable it ruins the mood for me. 

Drunk-Dazed outsells every day of the week.

happy.gif

 

Also, get into this hidden masterpiece.

 

 

That girlie's voice "I just wanna go back" in the beginning and ending makes the song a timeless trip to memory lane and puts the song in such a retro-aesthetic.

 

Jaden Jeong made several POINTS with Loona's brothers I'm afraid.

 

 happy.gif

 

BTS paved the way

 

BP was lucky to be the biggest gg in kpop at that moment

 

HYBE ggs are the future

 

aespa most mismanaged group ever

20 minutes ago, Sept said:

Armys hated aespa because of those pre-debut rumours that Karina called Jimin ugly :rip:

She spilled :bird:

8 minutes ago, Adama said:

And that’s why the « non factor » group are the headliner of the biggest festival in the World :bibliahh:

 

 

again, name a hit song of theirs outside of asia bc the best you could come up with was a quick #21 that charted less than two months

bjork also headlined and her songs aren’t exactly “connecting with the public”

Edited by K$Ellie

Wow... reading at the last few pages

 

NWJS vs. BP is really happening huh? :redface:

Edited by aesthetic bih

13 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

again, name a hit song of theirs outside of asia bc the best you could come up with was a quick #21 that charted less than two months

 

KPOP is a niche. Are you going to say that NJ have hits in the West? Or you are going to tell me that a song charting at #70 is a hit now? 
 

The only songs from Kpop acts that are considered hits are all in ENGLISH. However BP songs were charting and peaking high on official charts for weeks. HYLT despite being from a niche genre was known amoung the young gp with all the viral tik tok edits. That’s why many reactors said that they used to hear on tik tok. 
 

The #21 peak is something none of others Kpop act except Bts did, not everyone have that I fear :cm:. 
 

 

Edited by Adama

1 minute ago, Adama said:

 

KPOP is a niche. Are you going to say that NJ have hits in the West? Or you are going to tell me that a song charting at #70 is a hit now? 
 

The only songs from Kpop acts that are considered hits are all in ENGLISH. However BP songs were charting and peaking high on official charts for weeks. HYLT despite being from a niche genre was known amoung the young gp with all the viral tik tok edits. That’s why many reactors said that they used to hear on tik tok. 
 

The #21 peak is something none of others Kpop act except Bts did, not everyone have that I fear :cm:. 
 

 

and literally none of this matter in the grand scheme of things bc kpop still has a total of like three hits in the west so just bc blackpink are outdoing other ggs doesn’t mean their songs are connecting with the gp which was your whole initial argument :rip:

 

Checked out the song and it wasn't anything special imo but glad they're escaping nugudom

14 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

and literally none of this matter in the grand scheme of things bc kpop still has a total of like three hits in the west so just bc blackpink are outdoing other ggs doesn’t mean their songs are connecting with the gp which was your whole initial argument :rip:

The initial argument was that HYBE’s songs are actually connecting with the GP unlike BP! When except BTS no one is charting and peaking higher than them globally. They don’t have a proper hit, but their songs are connecting with the West audience otherwise they wouldn’t pull these streaming and attendances numbers and they wouldn’t be noticed by the biggest westerns celebrities and they wouldn’t headline the biggest festival in the world which is happening in the West :deadbanana4:

 

Edited by Adama

29 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

TWICE mothers, the way she spilled :clap3:

 

Happy was such a smash, it doesn't fit wjsn at all but it still deserved to become a hit :jonny5:

When the "non factor" keeps selling out arenas & stadiums globally in minutes 

 

EZ5JJspWAAg9Sod.jpg

4 minutes ago, Adama said:

The initial argument was that HYBE’s songs are actually connecting with the GP unlike BP! When except BTS no one is charting and peaking higher than them globally. They don’t have a proper hit, but their songs are connecting with the West audience otherwise they wouldn’t pull these streaming and attendances numbers and they wouldn’t be noticed by the biggest westerns celebrities and they wouldn’t headline the biggest festival in the world which is happening in the West :deadbanana4:

 

they sell out tours just like any other kpop act with a fan base just on a bigger scale and again artists like bjork have headlined coachella so that doesn’t really speak to their chart success or their songs gp appeal :rip: 

5 hours ago, DanyelP23 said:

I was thinking to make a rate for 4th gen. boygroup debut songs since we barely hear of them on this thread. Would anyone be interested to participate provided I make a playlist with all the debut songs that would fit the criteria?:gaycat5:

 

happy.gif

 

4 hours ago, xrosup said:

Please use Hellevator and not District 9 as their debut song for Stray Kids :giraffe:

I was gonna ask the Stays in KTRL for the ambiguity about Hellevator and District 9 on the 4th gen bgs debut rate but it's been answered now (Hellevator >>> District 9 btw so I'm personally go for Hellevator)

 

If OP somehow include BOTH Hellevator and District 9 in the rate then it'll be good because SKZ will have 2 songs in the rate :eli:

 

---

 

Anyway OP should include these debut songs for more varieties in the rate.

 

 

39 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

BTS paved the way

 

BP was lucky to be the biggest gg in kpop at that moment

 

HYBE ggs are the future

 

aespa most mismanaged group ever

Oomf said lucky when D4 blew up before any BTS song :hoetenks:

1 minute ago, discreetinside said:

 

I was gonna ask the Stays in KTRL for the ambiguity about Hellevator and District 9 on the 4th gen bgs debut rate but it's been answered now (Hellevator >>> District 9 btw so I'm personally go for Hellevator)

 

If OP somehow include BOTH Hellevator and District 9 in the rate then it'll be good because SKZ will have 2 songs in the rate :eli:

 

---

 

Anyway OP should include these debut songs for more varieties in the rate.

 

 

All of these are in my work in progress playlist. (so far I have 37 songs from 36 groups - OnlyOneOf had a double title track)

If I will miss anything, other entries will be allowed as long as they are a debut song of a 4th gen boygroup.

 

I consider 4th gen starting with "The Boyz" (6th of Dec 2017) so for example ONF or Golden Child would not qualify. (Don't come for me regarding this, it's not like I'm campaigning for The Boy'z "Boy" but I feel like they are one of the big 6 groups (SKZ, ENH, TXT, ATEEZ, TREASURE, THE BOYZ) of 4th gen and it's easier this way for me.

 

I think 2 weeks for the voting would be good, enough to payola it to get people to participate (and hopefully listen to the songs as eye would like it to be less bias and more of hearing a song of a group you might not have known before, liking it and putting it in your ranking, along with your already faves).

I need to figure out a ranking system in the meanwhile and complete the playlist though. 

 

Also, @xrosup I don't mind adding Hellevator in but I don't want ALL B-sides from multiple mini album debuts to be eligible:deadbanana4:

 

54 minutes ago, WhalieX said:

Yall sound like little girls and gays on the bird app :zzz:

 

STAYC two hits this era. I'm manifesting. The kids will be bopping!

Kindergarten and primary school kids will switch to STAYC after this. IVE better do something real quick (push forward cb before March when the Korean school new semester started) to get their core audience back on their side.

22 hours ago, Eternium said:

IVE, New Jeans, ITZY and LSF are the only groups without vocalists, though. Aespa, NMIXX and some of these girls absolutely annihilate third Gen.

are we gunna act like Yunjin wasn’t just doing opera at year end award shows? :penguin:

12 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

When the "non factor" keeps selling out arenas & stadiums globally in minutes 

 

EZ5JJspWAAg9Sod.jpg

It's so insane, they know they're lying but they keep at it anyway just because they don't like them :hoetenks: Like they somehow convinced themselves what they're saying is true :hoetenks: I've never seen delusion like this

46 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Enhypen needs to come back to this type of sound  :giraffe:

 

 

Definitely.  Especially since most of the members are actually old enough now to do this.

15 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

All of these are in my work in progress playlist. (so far I have 37 songs from 36 groups - OnlyOneOf had a double title track)

If I will miss anything, other entries will be allowed as long as they are a debut song of a 4th gen boygroup.

 

I consider 4th gen starting with "The Boyz" (6th of Dec 2017) so for example ONF or Golden Child would not qualify. (Don't come for me regarding this, it's not like I'm campaigning for The Boy'z "Boy" but I feel like they are one of the big 6 groups (SKZ, ENH, TXT, ATEEZ, TREASURE, THE BOYZ) of 4th gen and it's easier this way for me.

 

I think 2 weeks for the voting would be good, enough to payola it to get people to participate (and hopefully listen to the songs as eye would like it to be less bias and more of hearing a song of a group you might not have known before, liking it and putting it in your ranking, along with your already faves).

I need to figure out a ranking system in the meanwhile and complete the playlist though. 

 

Also, @xrosup I don't mind adding Hellevator in but I don't want ALL B-sides from multiple mini album debuts to be eligible:deadbanana4:

 

Hellevator and District 9 are not from the same mini album debut.

 

Anyway we need to payola Hellevator because we can't let this masterpiece gone unnoticed :giraffe:

 

Edited by discreetinside

If you hate NJ, you hate excellent music and that says a lot about your taste I'm sorry but that's the truth

oprah-close-book.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.