Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

31 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Now if you want to talk about Vocals or Dancing... One of the weakest of this Gen is actually (G)I-DLE, and I say this as a fan of them. They just win because they put their whole personality into their singing and dancing. But they are generally not that strong.

They definitely are one of the weakest groups when it comes to dancing, but imo they are strong vocally. Miyeon is an amazing vocalist, Soyeon is great and Minnie is too when she's not doing bananis avocadis vocals and Yuqi's tone makes up for the lack of big range imo. Then there's Shuhua nn

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

the Lisa of 4th (5th?) gen

We would love to see it!

55 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

And i also agree about your post on them way up. Its so easy to peep who on here is terrified on speaking their real thoughts when it comes to newjennies, like the extreme and honestly cringy bandwagoning starts getting grating, get off the ground bb and say ur real thoughts, their songs are bops but do you really stan enough to write these exaggerated essays. The twitter updates on their stats give obvious dopamine hits so they have to get high on it as fast as possible.

 

Not me though, im #real, yall stay safe out there.

 

Ant Farm Fletcher GIF - Ant Farm Fletcher Interview - Discover & Share GIFs

It’s true the bandwagoning is a bit weird and pretentious especially when it gets to stuff like this. Like they did not exist 7 months ago for some of the ‘stans’ to be doing this much.
 

I remember some of their stans claiming that NJ started the y2k trend in Kpop. :gaycat6:

4 hours ago, Billionaire said:

Eh NewJeans are not the best performers and that's fine. Not nearly as good as LSF or Itzy. But one of the greatest things about them is their choreo, it's the main reason why HypeBoy & OMG have outpaced Attention & Ditto respectively. Instead of just synchronizing to moves like everyone else is doing, they're holding hand hands, high fiving each other, hugging each other, looking directly at each other, etc. They give off the vibe of a group of best friends having fun doing TikTok dances instead of your average KPOP group which I think is a big reason they're doing so well :michael:

 

Comparing them to XG doesn't even make sense when they're 2 different groups with different aims 

 

 

well said :giraffe:

it’s a part of their shtick and there is nothing wrong with that

Teddy Bear sounds like a smasha, it might be #1 for weeks on my last fm charts

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Zack said:

Not HYBE plotting to install Min Hee-Jin as a director of SM again :skull:

 

https://n.news.naver.com/article/015/0004809559?sid=101

 

I guess Red Velvet would be in good hands again though.

 

 

I doubt it, it will be MHJ she was burned out when she was SM art director and left for the same reason.

Edited by BigBangStan

Just now, BigBangStan said:

I doubt, it will be MHJ she was burned out when she was SM art director and left for the same reason.

I doubt it too, but it is also believable, since HYBE needs someone who the SM shareholders will confidently vote for, and MHJ is an obvious choice there.

 

March will be a critical time for SM, a ton of stuff is going to happen.

 

 

 

Potentially their best title track? We'll see.

 

and the album name being Cabin Fever...I guess they are serious with that horror concept :nicole2:

31 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

IVE was always a house of cards

 

the lack of talent is one thing

 

but it also feels like they had been sitting on and perfecting Eleven and LD for a while and that’s why they turned out so great

 

AL was a huge step down and these new songs are obvious filler. they could really make an impact if they put out a debut full album of all 10/10 songs like their first two singles, but that’s never gonna happen at Starshit

 

also what do we really know about WY at this point besides her “valley girl” persona? she’s “hardworking” according to some members here but I’ve never really seen the fruits of that work. It’s getting boring

You’re talking as if IVE were over :penguin:
 

The NJ strategy will no never see the light because that’s too much money and SS isn’t redit for that.  
 

WY has been on the spotlight since shes 13, she earned rightfully her center position despite being hated. Then let’s not act she isn’t carrying in her back IVE, without her the group would’ve never seen the light. She’s only 18 and she had to jump between her groups activities and her solo career. She isn’t the most talented idol but she’s a professional and all the people who worked with her told the same. Wonyoung is a STAR. 

NewJeans dances are not basic… you need hip-hop rhythm/ groove to make the dance right (especially OMG). If you had tried to do the dance you’d know what I meant but it’s okay I guess some of y’all are white:bird:

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

The issue with NJ is I see them having a very successful 3-4 years, but they don't have any substantial talent to really have longevity. The only members I see with potential solo careers are Danielle and Haerin. Haerin shines in a group, but I'm not sure she'd have much presence solo. Danielle seems like she has potential to be a star solo though. She has the confidence. There was some performance (maybe MAMA?) where Danielle had a lil solo dance break and she kinda gave Britney 2000 vibes

 

Ant Farm Fletcher GIF - Ant Farm Fletcher Interview - Discover & Share GIFs

The only one soloist I can see from them is Hanni, since she’s their best singer and dancer.

 

 

1 hour ago, Hazy said:

that’s why I wrote most not all of them? of course there are exceptional dancers in some groups though most of the ggs have kinda samey routines

I would say something you would expect from kpop 

 

I still can’t believe Itzy got such boring choreo lately, they were considered dancers of the 4th gen, but then still, they are very kpoppy, if you know what I mean 

 

the emphasis on choreo in kpop is put on it being neat, sharp, super coordinated and that’s what separates it from from the real dance groups (in my opinion) - the individuality is gone and it gets kinda bland? 

 

that’s why I can’t really understand LSFM hype, of course they are amazing and it’s obvious they worked hard to be on the level they are, but then they have that typical kpop feel plus Kazuha 

but I guess it’s because their choreo is dynamic and incorporates nice member’s shine moments 

The Itzy girls are tired between their tours and their multiples cb. They need rest and a new team. 
 

but in term of dancing, synchronization and coordination is what matter the most for groups. Like even group from the west used to do the same. and it’s what NJ are doing. They are indeed having a different style but they are still synchronized and coordinated like the others Kpop groups ?  

 

1 hour ago, jeanie said:

she is tho the way many yall underestimate her just because most aespa choreo sucks doesn't sit right with me

Karina is not even top 15 of her gen. In fact, i thinks Winter is a ybetter natural dancer compared to Karina. Karina is working hard, but she don’t have the natural groove. You can see when she dance that she’s just following a choreography like her teacher taught her. 

 

 

 

 

39 minutes ago, Zack said:

Not HYBE plotting to install Min Hee-Jin as a director of SM again :skull:

 

https://n.news.naver.com/article/015/0004809559?sid=101

 

I guess Red Velvet would be in good hands again though.

 

 

I don’t see her coming back. She’s busy with Ador + isn’t she planning on debuting a bg ? 

Now what the hell is that STAYC snippet :deadbanana4: The instrumental sounds so childish :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, Adama said:

Karina is not even top 15 of her gen. In fact, i thinks Winter is a ybetter natural dancer compared to Karina. Karina is working hard, but she don’t have the natural groove. You can see when she dance that she’s just following a choreography like her teacher taught her. 

 

That's only because of their dance director who is very awful! I wish I could show you his cover but he deleted them all after getting dragged

I have never switched on IVE I've never like the music is great so far and Yunjin the only real all-round 

I was thinking to make a rate for 4th gen. boygroup debut songs since we barely hear of them on this thread. Would anyone be interested to participate provided I make a playlist with all the debut songs that would fit the criteria?:gaycat5:

 

happy.gif

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

7z6p1gkedtha1.jpg

 

So this is the aespa album people waited for !

the way im gonna be checking this out for the SAAY songs :jonny6:

21 minutes ago, Adama said:

 

omg not this video :deadbanana4:

I remember when she was DRAGGED for this :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Taeyong from NCT looks like Karol G

 

You need glasses, Taeyong is one of the best visuals in Kpop he doesn't look like Trash G at all.

9 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

He deserves the payola and favoritism :giraffe:

 

 

His visual reminds me of those heartrob chinese actors. Maybe SM should push him in that field since the korian GP is repeatedly saying no to his solo activities:giraffe:

14 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

I was thinking to make a rate for 4th gen. boygroup debut songs since we barely hear of them on this thread. Would anyone be interested to participate provided I make a playlist with all the debut songs that would fit the criteria?:gaycat5:

 

happy.gif

Me! I've been wanting to get into some 4th Gen BGs and give them a chance after the 4th Gen GGs slayed me enough to get back into K-Pop :jonny6: so this is perfect. :wave2:

3 minutes ago, katyberry said:

That's only because of their dance director who is very awful! I wish I could show you his cover but he deleted them all after getting dragged

Even if it’s due to her director, Karina is not top 10 of the best dancer of her gen. And when we look at SM past main dancer, especially TAEMIN,Kai,Ten,Seulgi or Boa at her prime, she’s very behind. (Idk much about Hyo skills) 


She’s good but she doesn’t have the « groove». We can tell when someone is naturally talented, when they dance it’s just look so easy to them. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

Now if you want to talk about Vocals or Dancing... One of the weakest of this Gen is actually (G)I-DLE, and I say this as a fan of them. They just win because they put their whole personality into their singing and dancing. But they are generally not that strong.

I'm a huge (G)I-DLE fan and I agree with this. Soojin was their only actual good dancer. I also think they're also a great example of a group of good singers but not exceptionally good vocalists. Like, they have unique tones and are good at emoting and singing on tune, which makes them good singers. But, when it actually comes to vocal technique, only Miyeon and Yuqi are above average/average vocalists, only the two of them can support, etc.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.