K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

54 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Soobin >>>>>>> Yeonjun

The faux blonde hair that looks like it needs spaghetti sauce + oregano applied to it really works wonders for some idols.

26 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Some of these male idols wear more make up than most female idols :redface::redface:

Like their whole face is beat to the perfection 

spacer.png

ariana-grande-what-about-it.gif

Edited by elevate

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Some of these male idols wear more make up than most female idols :redface::redface:

spacer.png

And this dude needs to chill on the lip injection. He can barely close his mouth

spacer.png

I absolutely hate the red eyeshadow + contacts combo. Thank god they stopped doing that to my men.

26 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

spacer.png

And this dude needs to chill on the lip injection. He can barely close his mouth

spacer.png

you do realize like all celebrities (including men) wear makeup a lot.. especially in an industry obsessed with perfection like k-pop.  

1 hour ago, fais_2311 said:

NewJeans, IVE & Le sserafim still refuse to leave Melon Top 10 :jonny6:

While, (F)ad Idle and their gimmick is n/a

Korean made the right decision :clap3::clap3:

The 2022 monster rookies trinity still going strong we love to see it :clap3:

Meanwhile where is IVE cb announcement like the lightstick are ready to purchase tomorrow and I can't believe they going to have concert in Korea next month with only 6 original Korean songs + 1 original Japanese song :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Kh-Loud said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

i just despise the the edgy styling that 4th gen male idols have :skull: comes off as try hard 98% of the time

Edited by hallucinate

4 hours ago, Kirby Kirbs said:

They’re still adding MORE? Shotaro + Sungchan and the current 3 male SM Rookies are fine enough to form the group already :deadbanana2:

There's multiple new NCT units under development. I doubt all 5 of the current trainees will be in the same unit. SM would be stupid to send Sungchan to Japan with his KR popularity, and they need a new KR unit soon with 127 starting enlistments.

i’m kinda living for SM being in shambles. HYBE is carrying the entire industry on its back now. :coffee:

33 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

The 2022 monster rookies trinity still going strong we love to see it :clap3:

Meanwhile where is IVE cb announcement like the lightstick are ready to purchase tomorrow and I can't believe they going to have concert in Korea next month with only 6 original Korean songs + 1 original Japanese song :deadbanana2:

It's not an actual concert really. Yeah they'll perform songs but also play games and stuff. That's why it's called fan concert or fancon. Monsta X sometimes does this too. I don't know how it is with other groups.

12 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

YG rot in hell challenge :deadbanana2:

This is why I don't get how anyone is will to stan BABY MONSTER already. And their ages are a whole different topic...

I'll definitely check out the songs like everyone but other than that...good luck to those young girls. They'll need it.

32 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i just despise the the edgy styling that 4th gen male idols have :skull: comes off as try hard 98% of the time

male idols’ styling is a mess in general, when I watch some previous gens mvs I’m like… okay 

15 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

what the hell :mad:

and OBPHs dare to say the girls are lazy and prefer modeling over music! 

YG is a huge mess 

if the girls are not interested in music anymore it’s because of that s**tty label and the way they treated BP both as a group and solo acts 

I’m sorry but this is some other world **** :rip: iconic af and should go down in the history books together with RV performing in North Korea 

can I spam a little? she’s gorgeous :jonny3:

take that MC gig and rumored Chanel ambassadorship and Wonyoung head won’t be safe! 

Fearless is also super stable on the charts. It’s kinda giving Eleven. A smash!

7 minutes ago, Hazy said:

I’m sorry but this is some other world **** :rip: iconic af and should go down in the history books together with RV performing in North Korea 

BP taking a pic with the most famous groomer of France with her victim taking the pic... :matty: 

I kinda get sad for BP, why do they always get associated with the most hated people, to begin with YG now the Macron's...

Including the coachella guy who give money to anti gay politicians.

Edited by Xalric

8 minutes ago, Xalric said:

I kinda get sad for BP, why do they always get associated with the most hated people, to begin with YG now the Macron's...

Including the coachella guy who give money to anti gay politicians.

as always, talking without knowledge. :skull:

50 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

every time I thought YG couldn't get worse, I get proven wrong :rip:

8 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

About the music, I kind of talked a bit earlier today. I'm expecting them to release a more EDM/Hip-Hop/Rock-ish sound and less popp-ish/groovy like Maniac and Case 143. Mostly because of Lolla. I think they will focus on choosing songs that fit more the mood of the festival for their next album and will be more effective to hype up the crowd. 

I also think It's been some time since they did something like that for title tracks, so I'd like to see them coming back to a harder sound. 

About the numbers, I'm not expecting a big growth in physicals similar to Maxident from Oddinary. Probably something closer to the 300~200k from Noeasy to Oddinary. Unless their chinese bars and their success on Japan (due to Case 143's performance) surprise me. 

Their Spotify streams is hard to measure. It really depends on the song. If they catch casuals' attention like Maniac/God's Menu I see It being a bigger performance, since the plaform grew in comparison to last year. If It's only supported by the fandom, then similar/slighty better than Case 143. If It's hated, then Thunderous' level. They will never completely flop there cause their fandom is too big and they don't depend on casuals to make numbers. 

I feel like they will do a more pop GP friendly song that relies on a catchy melody for some reason, and it's going to be cvndt and bop of course!

A male "Love Dive" is coming I fear and Lee Know will be doing all the "ooh-ooh ooh-ohh" parts :alexz:

7 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

The way they put the others in the caption, even though only TWICE and SKZ appear  :deadbanana2:

They were also the most searched globally among 4th gen :clap3:

7 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Yeah Changbin is the least popular SKZ members despite he's getting viral for the Jutdae, standing beside Yeonjun and being the NewJennies Tokki/Bunny. Oh well I guess the girls and gay Stays prefer Bang Me Chan for the muscular guy.

Speaking of Bang Chan, I just literally burst out laughing when I saw this.

Actually Changbin is more famous and recognized than Seungmin and I.N, due to him being known as a part of 3Racha, him being known as the best 4th gen rapper and one of the best in the industry. 

+ He also get's a lot of praise for his muscular body :gaycat7:

f250ebc93bf190a975da57d8941680632713a6e4

b85da5c60b5c3ed841b312e73acf203b.jpg

And we stan Bang me Chan's natural phat ass well :clap3:

4cc48f87abfd104653f4806d33495e38.jpg871eb27ca6f983a3f14c04a4b206eede.jpg

Chanbanging me and Bang me Chan muscle kings I fear :WAP:

29a395b7806620eac19f00d6523fcb326c717745

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

no YOU barely see it… giving selective memory. you can literally go on twitter right now and search “hyunjin it boy” & so many tweets pop up. nice try.:penguin:

OT: Living for OT5 Fearless & Blue Flame in japanese. i kinda wish they would re-record the whole mini again in korean. 

spacer.png

It's always the same Chaeloser stans in here being messy and lying I fear

spacer.png

6 hours ago, fais_2311 said:

Gurlll, I love Seungmin. And Levanter is like one of my fave songs ever. I also watched their survival show and was there for them since Hellevator. I just can’t stand their noisy music and I blame 3 ratcha for that. But some of their songs, especially b-sides :heart:

Then It be your own lovers, Seungmin sweetie.... Btw, you do know that 3GODcha are the ones producing ALL of their music including the non-noise songs as well?

But yeah, their b-sides >>>>> title tracks.

Btw, what are your favorite songs from then? 

6 hours ago, Mel. said:

:flame::flame::flame::flame:

The talent in BABYMONSTER is stacked :clap3:

Asa beating the "there's no good female rappers in 4th gen" allegations in one swoop

XG already exist though and they are all Japanese as well! Maybe Asa could learn some few bars from her fellow Japanese labelmates sisters, who knows? :cm:

6 hours ago, Mel. said:

Love to see it :clap3:

it's time they start releasing original Japanese albums and not Korean remakes 

they have the potential to be YG's biggest group in Japan after BIGBANG

Yeah it's crazy how they haven't debuted officially in Japan, especially when they are so popular in Japan and have 3 Japanese members! Haruto is literally a Japanese it-boy waiting to happen!

5 hours ago, JonginBey said:

First song of theirs I ever heard, and all these years later, it still BOPS. All of their visuals were on TEN, the choreo is everything, and the bridge is heavenly. I want this for ITZY 

One of the best pre-choruses ever! Especially Tiffany's pre-chorus and the last one where she screams over Sooyoung :WAP: I just love her tone so much!

5 hours ago, newaespa said:

Why is BAEMON so underwhelming so far?

we were promise 7(?) JENNIES and all we got is 7 Ambers

Every time I see Amber, i'm reminded of this :rip:

2-f426.png

3-5183.png

untitled-1a7f.png

2 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I never understood the hype about Yeonjun, especially when Huening Kai is right there!

The way all the members takes turn on grabbing his butt, serving gangbang :penguin:

Aya Nakamura named BlackPink as one of the artist she'd like to have a feature with.

newjeans & BP smashing so hard

RV having a cute hit last year

aespa, its your time now :jonny5: if they flop again, at least they will smash physically :hippo:

I don't understand how people in here call Hyunjin overrated :biblio:

HUNGjin :jonny5:

77f6a4c558eccd8c3e3bd1817dbe3bfc.jpg

I'm sorry, but y'all lack taste I fear 

fa41fcc12d186985de6737fc9548fa30.jpgfbb261a5778c9f1e7b65c4a2aff17d05.jpg

f3d7fbaec186baaea4d1fb71faec8aea.jpg584dd1274c83a4656e9ee80eeb1f8783.jpg

16351a49f59c5e27ac808ae8a435d830.jpg357f1c611c12719c6259f6b35367e1a8.jpg