Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

engodpen, seventeen, txt, & skz are all serving recently i love to see it. :1stplace:

13 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

ENHYPEN is doing fine, not much significant growth in comeback compared to TXT or SKZ. International fans have been carrying this comeback due to Korean and Chinese fans boycotting. 

Is it because the female back up dancers? If so, I just can't with korean kpop fans. 

 

Brings flashback to jimin comin on stage to explain his fans that  female dancers would touch him in the performance of "like crazy"  as is the concept of the song and asking for understanding from them 

I think enhypen are doing just fine. isn't treasure their main competition and treasure doesn't even have an album with 1m sales still with double the members?

50 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

 

this song & choreo is giving me early 2000s boy group vibes

 

but what are those pants theyre all wearing

 

ezgif-2-7b480c9b27e8.thumb.gif.7dd82f630

 

Chaconne deserved a choreo but this song is fine too

 

Anyway, i always forget this song exists but this gave me Polaroid Love vibes before Polaroid Love even existed :jamming::heart:


this is more chill than PL ofc but you get the point 

That crackstink fan doing his usual mental gymnastics to make Twice seem like some huge flop will never not be funny :dies:

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I’m still not over Seventeen selling 4.5 Million :deadbanana4: 

Why? They’ve always been massive in Korea and are one of the few boy groups with recognizable national hits :deadbanana:

Just now, Vrx. said:

Why? They’ve always been massive in Korea and are one of the few boy groups with recognizable national hits :deadbanana:

No I’m shocked at how huge that number is. Groups are selling millions first week like it’s nothing. Taylor and Adele are shaking

8 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Is this the ONLY bg hit in Korea this year? 
(I know TXt peaked high but they tumbled down soon so I’m not counting them) 

22 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Why? They’ve always been massive in Korea and are one of the few boy groups with recognizable national hits :deadbanana:

I don't think they have hits?? Like, only Fighting and Super seem to have stuck, maybe Left and Right??

2 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Is this the ONLY bg hit in Korea this year? 
(I know TXt peaked high but they tumbled down soon so I’m not counting them) 

I think Fighting is a hit too, also NCT's candy did great

 

 

https://twitter.com/chartsnctdream/status/1660964866927079424?s=19 

https://twitter.com/chartsnctdream/status/1660100899476209666?s=19

1 hour ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Sure but some people wait for the first day/week and then decide to buy and decided not to buy. That's all I'm saying, not saying it's a huge factor but that it may have been.

 

I think they do, and I feel like I heard someone say Heeseung is the most popular member. But idk for certain.

Maybe a 100k out of a million and the stores may ship more albums next week but not many people buy Kpop albums a week after release.

Edited by Get

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

No I’m shocked at how huge that number is. Groups are selling millions first week like it’s nothing. Taylor and Adele are shaking

Also many of the major KPop groups are selling 1.5M+ of their albums easily now! It’s grown a lot

Edited by Vrx.

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

I don't think they have hits?? Like, only Fighting and Super seem to have stuck, maybe Left and Right??

?? They scored 5 top 10 hits with their last 5 releases

 

3 hours ago, Rhythm said:

And she’s about to surpass Winter shortly (they were literally neck-and-neck a few days ago). But if I’d bought into ATRL conjecture, I’d have believed that Giselle was the one lagging in popularity. Wow, numbers truly never lie. :gaycat3:

Giselle’s fans are usually loud on the internet, but silent when it comes to her merch and sales.

Her photocard pricing… :ahh:

3 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I’m still not over Seventeen selling 4.5 Million :deadbanana4: 

13 members. 2 Chinese members. HYBE. Big international fanbase. It’s to be expected tbh. 

Edited by Cheers

When Aespa come back with a full album they better put 13 songs in it and all the songs brand new or i will fume, i really hope the full album comes somehow sooner than expected 

Aespa is coming back in the Fall. Pretty much a guarantee SM will ride the Hype and rush out a full album. 

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Aespa is coming back in the Fall. Pretty much a guarantee SM will ride the Hype and rush out a full album. 

SM are incompetent so that remains to be seen :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Vrx. said:

Why? They’ve always been massive in Korea and are one of the few boy groups with recognizable national hits :deadbanana:

SVT is doing great digitally right now - HOT, Fighting, Super. 

 

But do we know what national hit is? :rip:They don't have single entry in Top 100 Circle Digital Index Points. as for pre-2018, their best performing song would be Very Nice.

 

They do have recognizable songs, but none of them are national hits. 

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

I forgot Candy was this year, but even that was a cover of an already popular classic. 
so Seventeen is the only relevant bg with the Korean GP among the current active bgs huh

 

2 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

I don't think they have hits?? Like, only Fighting and Super seem to have stuck, maybe Left and Right??

You know they have 6 top 10 hits right?  7 if you count BSS. And 14 top 20s. Also, Aju Nice barely missed the top 20 but it has pretty good stats. Plus countless other charted songs in the top 100. Sure they didn’t have mega smashes like some of their 3rd gen peers but they have had a consistent relevance with the Korean gp. 

1 hour ago, newaespa said:

Giselle’s fans are usually loud on the internet, but silent when it comes to her merch and sales.

Her photocard pricing… :ahh:

We’re all working college students we can’t be spending frivolously on pointless junk.

 

Plus I feel like Giselle attracts a lot of general fans who aren’t gonna go above and beyond in stanning. She’s still the least pushed member with solo promo nowhere in sight. 

12 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

You know they have 6 top 10 hits right?  7 if you count BSS. And 14 top 20s. Also, Aju Nice barely missed the top 20 but it has pretty good stats. Plus countless other charted songs in the top 100. Sure they didn’t have mega smashes like some of their 3rd gen peers but they have had a consistent relevance with the Korean gp. 

Do you mean Melon Daily chart? because peaking in top 10 of melon realtime chart, but only in 40-60s of daily chart doesn't really qualify as "top 10 hit". Fighting was their 1st melon top 10 daily entry iirc. 

13 minutes ago, lily42 said:

Do you mean Melon Daily chart? because peaking in top 10 of melon realtime chart, but only in 40-60s of daily chart doesn't really qualify as "top 10 hit". Fighting was their 1st melon top 10 daily entry iirc. 

Yup, Melon Daily chart. I’m not talking about quick little “hits”. And they’re actual top 10 hits in the Gaon/circle digital chart. I know there are some bgs who have peaked high there due to the fanbase zombie streams, but seventeen’s top 10s have always had longevity on the melon daily charts so they’re not in that category either. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.