Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

okay I think Billlie still have my favorite overall kpop release of the year so far but My World is right behind it :jonny6:

43 minutes ago, Adama said:

 

Yeah, releasing HYLT first then LSG made sense but honestly Pink Venom shouldn’t have been the pre release, it’s a good track with a catchy chorus but SD is just so much better 

well I get the reason why they released it the way they did. 

 

Shut Down was literally closing down their first chapter before the contract end

7 hours ago, scheibe said:

yes!!!!!

This needs to happen asap AESPA could easily slide on songs like Stickwitu, When I Grow Up, Imma Slave 4 U, Toxic and Circus ugh I just love these girls

 

Is aespa finally ditching the naevis mess bullshit? This pivot is quite good and should have been their concept since the beginning tbh. Aespa screams ***** and serves legit ***** and yet SM wants to market them as robotic bullcrap :rip:

A waste of time for SM since 4th gen is all about owning your cuntiness (see IVE, Newjeans, Lessera) 

aespa just released the album of the year :clap3:

it is good they tried something new. it feels like a completely different group. 

 

3 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

Is aespa finally ditching the naevis mess bullshit? This pivot is quite good and should have been their concept since the beginning tbh. Aespa screams ***** and serves legit ***** and yet SM wants to market them as robotic bullcrap :rip:

A waste of time for SM since 4th gen is all about owning your cuntiness (see IVE, Newjeans, Lessera) 

The sci-fi concept/marketing is arguably the reason they’ve built such a massive fanbase, as opposed to settling for appeasing public taste. Most of the people that stan aespa (Karina, especially) glorify the fact that they look like video game characters.

7 hours ago, Rhyme said:

Something like To Anyone where all the solo releases are on the full album would be amazing. :jonny5:

1. Tumbling

2. Don't Blink

3. Yolo

4. Hot Air Balloon

5. Maegerie (credited as) by Karina  

6. Lips (title name?) by Winter 

7. Wake Up by NingNing

8. 2HOT4U by Giselle

9. Aespa song

10. Aespa song

11. Aespa song

12. Aespa song

 

Boom and we have ourselves a debut album 

10 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

Is aespa finally ditching the naevis mess bullshit? This pivot is quite good and should have been their concept since the beginning tbh. Aespa screams ***** and serves legit ***** and yet SM wants to market them as robotic bullcrap :rip:

A waste of time for SM since 4th gen is all about owning your cuntiness (see IVE, Newjeans, Lessera) 

girl the first song on the album is literally (feat. naevis)

 

apathetic.gif

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

1. Tumbling

2. Don't Blink

3. Yolo

4. Hot Air Balloon

5. Maegerie (credited as) by Karina  

6. Lips (title name?) by Winter 

7. Wake Up by NingNing

8. 2HOT4U by Giselle

9. Aespa song

10. Aespa song

11. Aespa song

12. Aespa song

 

Boom and we have ourselves a debut album 

why are y'all so obese with these old songs you've already heard before

 

just let them go

 

apathetic.gif

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

1. Tumbling

Why are you so obsessed with this fake ass title? This song doesn't exist :rip: 

29 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

does "highteen" just mean "popular mean girls" ??

 

if so, I need more highteen concepts from aespa after this :jonny5:

Yeah them serving queen bees is actually the right direction for them. Looking like Stuck up ******* and singing about you ain't worth their time is a vibe. 

11 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

Is aespa finally ditching the naevis mess bullshit? This pivot is quite good and should have been their concept since the beginning tbh. Aespa screams ***** and serves legit ***** and yet SM wants to market them as robotic bullcrap :rip:

A waste of time for SM since 4th gen is all about owning your cuntiness (see IVE, Newjeans, Lessera) 

What words were you censoring lol

I don't want Aespa serving "cuteness." Its a tired cliche of Kpop. Leave that to NewJeans and IVE. Especially NJ since the members are teenage girls. LSRFM go between cute and ***** and that works for them because their amazing performers. Part of AESPA appeal is basically them serving SUCKER PUNCH girl group realness. I don't want cute from them. They can keep the cyberpunk sounds and aesthetics. I just need the extra **** like the lore to be dropped. 

8 minutes ago, LuneMon said:

aespa just released the album of the year :clap3:

it is good they tried something new. it feels like a completely different group. 

 

 The evolution revolution is here

6 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

The sci-fi concept/marketing is arguably the reason they’ve built such a massive fanbase, as opposed to settling for appeasing public taste. Most of the people that stan aespa (Karina, especially) glorify the fact that they look like video game characters.

Which I like it gives them an edge for sure and make them unique. Again I just need the lore itself to be dropped and to not be so tied directly to the music. They can use the whole blade runner vibe and aesthetic for their artistry in terms of sonically and visually but that's about it. Their brand being girl group from and of the future is more than enough without all the extra ****.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the Kwangya concept and lyrics at all?

 

Like if the music is good I will be bopping and streaming regardless + the lore is very interesting tbh

Edited by Flomik

7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

girl the first song on the album is literally (feat. naevis)

 

apathetic.gif

Literally :rip:

7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

why are y'all so obese with these old songs you've already heard before

 

just let them go

 

apathetic.gif

Because they literally confirmed that they're being saved for the next output tf those songs are being released. Hence why they were also performed 

4 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Why are you so obsessed with this fake ass title? This song doesn't exist :rip: 

How am I supoose to know that? I'm not an insider like you 

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the Kwangya concept and lyrics at all?

 

Like if the music is good I will be bopping and streaming regardless + the lore is very interesting tbh

It can be distracting and on top of that makes their branding convoluted and hard to digest for the casual listener

1 minute ago, SchmoodRing said:

How am I supoose to know that? I'm not an insider like you 

Well they never performed it and it's not registered so I think it's obvious. :gayriahcat1: 

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the Kwangya concept and lyrics at all?

 

Like if the music is good I will be bopping and streaming regardless + the lore is very interesting tbh

I don't mind it either, though sometimes it could be limiting, so at least now they have the REAL WORLD to fall back on. 

 

Spicy would be a good Japanese debut song, since I don't think the KWANGYA-speak would translate well into Japanese and Spicy doesn't have any of those lyrics. 

 

But they obviously haven't ditched the concept. I mean naevis is right there in their pre-release MV so...

savage > my world > girls

i don’t even count girls as a proper mini tbh :rip:

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate

My World is a fantastic EP! Very high quality music from start to finish.

 

My only complaint is that "Spicy" and "Salty & Sweet" are obviously leftovers from previous eras. They don't fit the laid-back sound of the four other tracks at all. Still great songs though.

Just now, bigboss said:

My World is a fantastic EP! Very high quality music from start to finish.

 

My only complaint is that "Spicy" and "Salty & Sweet" are obviously leftovers from previous eras. They don't fit the laid-back sound of the four other tracks at all. Still great songs though.

I think they were put on the mini for that very same reason so that the whole record isn't so chill and laid back

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.