Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

This should've been gotten the Kitsch treatment WTF

International might pick up on this
 

 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Does the lukewarm response to Ice Cream prove that the Teddy formula is successful with the GP?

I think that the Teddy formula works for BLACKPINK when they do a badass song, Ice Cream was just overall a **** song tbh it was meant to be girly girly but lacked a strong melody and chorus whereas when you look at the Teddy badass songs like HYLT, PV, D4, KTL, the appeal there is never with the melody or a catchy chorus or whatever, its the charisma and the energy the song brings. The same standards can't be applied to songs like Ice Cream that are meant to be melody driven, something Teddy historically is poor at with BLACKPINK.

 

That being said, Teddy was the same person who created AIIYL and Lovesick Girls, both of which are chanty massive pop bangers so when we say Teddy formula we really can't count out the fact that when he really tries, he can create massive pop bops.

 

Overall I'd say the Teddy formula works 90% of the time but its really market dependent, in Korea its almost a 100% guarantee he creates a smasha in the West its much harder bc his sound is dare I say, reductive, for many.

Not Your Girl sound so summery it finally clicked after not feeling the song at first:jonny5:

 

3 minutes ago, LCTV said:

It's the only song so far I haven't liked lol.

ive-won.thumb.gif.ed4198a4dee3f3ca504bec

time to put all of MK Ultra's findings to good use by indoctrinating myself into enjoying it :ducky:

it's eons better than Kitsch though!

 

ive-won.thumb.gif.ed4198a4dee3f3ca504bec

6 hours ago, Xalric said:

Do you really want that?

The whole concept of this is to create a group that will be handled by Ahn Joon Young "Mister healthy p*rn" (his description of IOI and Produce 101 season 1). The guy that was in prison for rigging the show. He returned to MNET last week as the HEAD OF MNET Music department, so he'll be in charge of every groups and music released.

 

Fromis going to this show since their show was actually rigged and by him would basically give them the X1 express ticket. 

Uhm... i think i don't want any of that mess happened to my group, thanks sis for explaining :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, MingYouToo said:

I think that the Teddy formula works for BLACKPINK when they do a badass song, Ice Cream was just overall a **** song tbh it was meant to be girly girly but lacked a strong melody and chorus whereas when you look at the Teddy badass songs like HYLT, PV, D4, KTL, the appeal there is never with the melody or a catchy chorus or whatever, its the charisma and the energy the song brings. The same standards can't be applied to songs like Ice Cream that are meant to be melody driven, something Teddy historically is poor at with BLACKPINK.

 

That being said, Teddy was the same person who created AIIYL and Lovesick Girls, both of which are chanty massive pop bangers so when we say Teddy formula we really can't count out the fact that when he really tries, he can create massive pop bops.

 

Overall I'd say the Teddy formula works 90% of the time but its really market dependent, in Korea its almost a 100% guarantee he creates a smasha in the West its much harder bc his sound is dare I say, reductive, for many.

They tried to recreate AYITL with the girly concept but Ice Cream was just cheesy AYITL was fun even tho Lisa fumbled with her verse.

i'm surprised at how midtempo ive's album but it's excellent so whatever 

1 minute ago, kendoll2001 said:

 

I think they can easily surpass Aespa Girls

2 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Not Your Girl sound so summery it finally clicked after not feeling the song at first:jonny5:

 

Same I didn’t liked it during their fancom but now i love it! It’s a fun song and so Kpop 

 

 

Edited by Adama

Title is good but I know it will hurt my ears listening it on repeat unless their previous titles. 

1 minute ago, discreetinside said:

I think they can easily surpass Aespa Girls

I expect 600k but that’s it. I don’t think c-bars bought more albums this time than after like 

I'm so not used to this :bam:

Been ages since my last KPOP album listen with 10+ tracks :rip:

I AM was disappointing on first listen, but it's already stuck in my head after second listen :jamming: Major bop!

I'm still not sure, if I like it as much as their previous titles, cause it lacks a bit of flavor compared to them, but time will tell.

SORRY BUT IT’S HOW YOU OPEN AN ALBUM, THEIR BEST B SIDE EVER! A WHOLE EXPERIENCE ON YOUR HEADPHONES :jonnycat::jonnycat:

 

 

Edited by Adama

Wow I Am got their best chorus for a title track. Might be my most favorite one from them :WAP:

 

I'm curious how they will do the encore because that notes is insanely high, i'm afraid Liz will have to carry hard. Get that spotlight, girl :loki:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.