Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

58 minutes ago, Hazy said:

new jeans = new genes 

being on brand but timeless = being a breath of fresh air  

 

it’s kinda obvious what both mean and it suits their concept and describes their music and identity well, in my opinion 

oh ok, ty!

 

i literally thought pair of pants

 

:rip:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

i thought newjeans was a play on blue jeans aka something retro tied in with the new :toofunny2:

Hi guys, do Jessica have a solo hit? And will she have 1 if she released during “an empty period”? :ducky:

9 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys, do Jessica have a solo hit? And will she have 1 if she released during “an empty period”? :ducky:

Don't think so! 

 

I think multiple Taeyeon title tracks have more streams than Jessica's entire catalogue on Spotify! :hippo:

 

And she has never had a hit in Korea since SNSD gracefully removed her toxic essence from the group! Kinda sad! 

 

 

14 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys, do Jessica have a solo hit? And will she have 1 if she released during “an empty period”? :ducky:

Fly was #1 on Melon and dethroned TWICE's Cheer Up, so yes, she does!

 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CinUaQgVEAAG57k.jpg

 

 

2 hours ago, Cheers said:

 

 

 

 

@Ghiles the Hyo inspiration :clap3: 

 

 

is the concept LA fuckboy cuz :thing: 

6 hours ago, Adama said:

Didn’t Hybe have their own us label under the Universal group now ? That’s why BT$ is not at Columbia anymore.

 

Also Interscope sucks don’t wish them to be under this useless label 

Yeah, HYBE has a deal with Geffen since 2021. BTS, Seventeen and Enhypen all release through them (other than TXT, who releases through Republic with a deal they struck back in 2019)

 

So I imagine NewJeans and LE SSERAFIM will all be under Interscope/Geffen in the future. (I can already see Geffen spearheading a NewJeans/Olivia Rodrigo Gen Z smash collab in the future.) They also have that HYBE x GEFFEN girl group coming that'll be based in the U.S. 

 

4 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Omg king having all these viral /semiviral tweets :dies: it’s what he deserves :clap3:

Wonwoo is such an effortless It Boy. For someone who chooses to be quite removed from being the "traditional Idol", he really knows how show up and grab all the attention effortlessly. He looked amazing at the GDAs :heart:

 

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

:party:Boo-Seok-Soon :party:
 

 

I'm so intrigued to see the concept and sound they have cooked up this time! I hope they do endless variety and music shows in February. Hoshi, DK and Seungkwan are literally the best time, and the PERFECT trio for promo :heart2:

 

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

For real! And it angers me that a group THIS talented is sometimes overlooked by casual kpop fans. But they have a huge fanbase and selling a lot so kings are quietly slaying. Their stans don’t need to brag about them :clap3:

also I ******* love that song and I’m glad they did that performance.

 

and did you watch this GDA perf from yesterday?

 

Yes! They did amazing. I actually have a theory that SEVENTEEN are so underrated cause 1) it's not the easiest to get into a group with 13 members (but once you do, you see the genius in it), but 2) They came up at the exact time as BTS, so they were always in the background. But when I finally got into them during Left & Right in 2020, and went back and consumed everything from the start, they've always been amazing performers, with great music, and the funniest variety moments. So now that they're the sunbaenims at all these award shows, it's nice to see them getting their flowers and respect. Have been playing DON QUIXOTE nonstop since the performance :bird:

 

It's funny watching HYBE try to retcon their regret of not pushing BTS individually to the fashion houses, like YG did (brilliantly) with BLACKPINK. I know it feels like everyone in KPOP is a "brand ambassador" these days, but to watch how aggressive they've been with getting NewJennies their respective brands, and now sending Enhypen to court Prada has been fun

28 minutes ago, Zack said:

Fly was #1 on Melon and dethroned TWICE's Cheer Up, so yes, she does!

 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CinUaQgVEAAG57k.jpg

 

 

And how many weeks did it spend in the Top 10? :gaycat7: It was actually a massive flop and ended any hype she had in Korea. :clap3:

Just now, k4rmabutterfly said:

And how many weeks did it spend in the Top 10? :gaycat7: It was actually a massive flop and ended any hype she had in Korea. :clap3:

Perhaps you can inform us which of Tiffany, Seohyun, Yuri, HYO's singles etc. peaked at #1 on Melon, so that we can more accurately compare. :matty:

 

Bearing in mind, none of them were blacklisted!

21 minutes ago, Zack said:

Perhaps you can inform us which of Tiffany, Seohyun, Yuri, HYO's singles etc. peaked at #1 on Melon, so that we can more accurately compare. :matty:

 

Bearing in mind, none of them were blacklisted!

Why you comparing the second main vocalist of SNSD to lead vocalists and DANCERS :rip: I thought she was just as popular as Taeyeon and Yoona :celestial5:

3 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Why you comparing the second main vocalist of SNSD to lead vocalists and DANCERS :rip: I thought she was just as popular as Taeyeon and Yoona :celestial5:

Oh gosh, that's right, I forgot about Yoona. When did her single(s) reach #1 on Melon again...?

 

 

Now I start to believe Bang Si Hyuk when he said he had the BTS formula. I mean which one of his groups under HYBE are mismanaged!? NONE. 

And they all have their own niche fandoms while still having the HYBEAST.

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

Oh gosh, that's right, I forgot about Yoona. When did her single(s) reach #1 on Melon again...?

 

 

That’s the only thing miss Jaw achieved? It went #1 for a quick minute and then it tanked and her career was over in Korea. :celestial5: 

Does anyone here read the GG thread on LSA? They were discussing about how questionable it is to use the asylum as a concept. Also since the OMG mv was directed by Shin Woo-Seok, they think that the ending was put in by MHJ. Basically they dislike the ending because it comes across MHJ criticizing people who criticized her regarding the Cookie controversy since there's no other type of hate/controversy NJ has received in SK so far. The thing is, I comprehend the ending as predicting what netizens would say about the OMG mv. What do y'all think about all of this?

 

Also does anyone know why NJ is being associated with Lee Mal Nyeon (이말년) despite his problematic past according to one of the members in this thread? 

 

Not surprised it was re-shot, not just the hair and make-up being different but I remember her eyebrows being less prominent. I wonder if the debut MVs were filmed in 2020/2021, does anyone know 'cause I recall their debut being postponed due to the pandemic:

 

Edited by IAmJustAKnee

7 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

That’s the only thing miss Jaw achieved? It went #1 for a quick minute and then it tanked and her career was over in Korea. :celestial5: 

Oh so the misogynistic nicknames are coming out now? Cute that you keep clinging to this "#1 for a quick minute" when it was #1 for several days on the major real-time charts and came close to RAK.

 

That's before we mention the 80k sales on Gaon, #1 Gaon album, top 5 Gaon digital, #1 on Hanteo, top 3 nominations on music shows (despite being banned from appearing) and even top 5 on Billboard world albums chart...all while blacklisted.

 

You can irrationally hate her as much as you want, but I'm afraid she did snatch a hit #1 song and album. Oops :fan:

 

https://media.tenor.com/lZKHqY9eSHwAAAAM/jessica-jung.gif

I would kill for an entire album from TWICE that sounded like Cry for Me

 

59 minutes ago, Somi said:

 

 

 

Wa Da Da’s impact. And they have 2 Japanese members only. If Yurina is in the group instead of non-entity like Yeseo or Youngeun..

What even happened to Kepler. They seemingly just...completely flopped after Wa Da Da. I just remember a track a few months ago being absolutely awful

1 minute ago, Zack said:

Oh so the misogynistic nicknames are coming out now? Cute that you keep clinging to this "#1 for a quick minute" when it was #1 for several days on the major real-time charts and came close to RAK.

 

That's before we mention the 80k sales on Gaon, #1 Gaon album, top 5 Gaon digital, #1 on Hanteo, top 3 nominations on music shows (despite being banned from appearing) and even top 5 on Billboard world albums chart...all while blacklisted.

 

You can irrationally hate her as much as you want, but I'm afraid she did snatch a hit #1 song and album. Oops :fan:

 

https://media.tenor.com/lZKHqY9eSHwAAAAM/jessica-jung.gif

The way you lied saying that Fly was a hit and now you’re bringing album sales trying to  change the subject :gaycat7:Oh wow, it’s was worse than I thought. I didn’t lie when I said Fly was a quick little #1. The way it sold like 70k more than Tiffany’s IJWD that peaked at number 3 I think. :gaycat7:You’re so delusional it’s crazy :rip: 

No one considers #1 on realtime a #1 song :deadbanana2:

 

Anyways, must suck seeing Taeyeon still so massively successful after all these years and have high end brand deals like Louis Vuitton when she isn't even a fashion girl :clap3: 

Edited by Gaia

6 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

The way you lied saying that Fly was a hit and now you’re bringing album sales trying to change the subject 

Changing the subject? As if you weren't ducking and diving more than a dodgeball game when I asked you when Yoona, Tiffany, Seohyun, HYO etc. went #1 with their singles?

 

It was crickets at first and then when you realized the receipts were N/A, you were forced to dismiss them all as irrelevant "lead vocalists" and "dancers" :deadbanana4:

 

Nice try though.

 

https://media.tenor.com/lZKHqY9eSHwAAAAM/jessica-jung.gif

 

Edited by Zack

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.