• skankle

• JoeAg

• bestfiction

not a huge fan of the new singles but i still will be looking forward to this

cool

idgi, i saw them in august i think and they said the album was READY

why wait this long :jonny: 

• 2 months later...

Hollywood Baby is an instant classic for rock chicks :clownny:Love all the singles so far (and most of the ones I heard live).

• 4 weeks later...

actually ended up loving most of this and i didn't even care for the singles at first or like heir debut that much

757, Hollywood Baby, Frog and Doritos were my faves

I Got My Tooth Removed was the only filler

This is a banger ngl

Edited by bestfiction

Me and bf listened to this in the car and we were both a lil underwhelmed tbh

One thing about it is that it doesn’t really feel like a complete project. Not because it’s so short but it literally just comes and goes and when it’s over you’re left with “huh that just happened” 

the production is still insane but the actual songs themselves just seem half-baked and I HATE saying that tbh

great production as always, neglect the fact that they could go beyond genres, instead mastering sound to be the following up is also decent outcome here :clap3:

nice

really like it :clap3:

Love this and don't really understand the claims that it's less weird than 1000 Gecs - the set of influences for this is just as weird in 2023 as like, brostep and nightcore was in 2019. Doubling down on their rockier influences makes sense considering most of the post-gecs hyperpop acts didn't lift that particular element of their sound.

However it is a crime that Fallen 4 U didn't make this, especially since they've been playing it live for like 18 months. Hey Big Man would have sounded perfect here too.

I assumed Gecs had kind of run their course with me, but this was a pleasant surprise. Not quite as mind-blowing or good as the debut, but a great followup with some super catchy songs.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

I assumed Gecs had kind of run their course with me,

same, I thought they were done for and D&F was a fluke good song but I honestly think this is better than their debut :skull:

I'm also in the camp of having pretty low expectations for this, but liking the first two singles, and being kinda shook that I like this even more than their debut.

Just now, Heidi's Chair said:

this is better than every track on the album

I think this is one of their worst ever :rip:

7 hours ago, madonnas said:

same, I thought they were done for and D&F was a fluke good song but I honestly think this is better than their debut :skull:

6 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I'm also in the camp of having pretty low expectations for this, but liking the first two singles, and being kinda shook that I like this even more than their debut.

MTE. Love the alt rock direction they took with this.

I don't really know where I stand with them! I enjoyed it, but I feel like there's a level of thinking involved where it's like "is this supposed to be bad? oh ok, then I love it! I get what they are going for!" which is what I think they want from their audience...but at the same time, that is gonna get old quick (if it hasn't already) so I'd like to see where they go next. Especially since this was recorded long ago and just collecting dust for months. I don't know. Don't see this making my year end list or listening to it much after this week. It was good enough and happy to have more music from them since they both are incredibly talented. It's just not as novel as 1000 gecs was, kind of just more of the same. Still incredibly produced and nostalgic for all of the sounds of that era, but that only goes so far.

4 minutes ago, AndresVanDeKamp said:

I don't really know where I stand with them! I enjoyed it, but I feel like there's a level of thinking involved where it's like "is this supposed to be bad? oh ok, then I love it! I get what they are going for!" which is what I think they want from their audience...but at the same time, that is gonna get old quick (if it hasn't already) so I'd like to see where they go next. Especially since this was recorded long ago and just collecting dust for months. I don't know. Don't see this making my year end list or listening to it much after this week. It was good enough and happy to have more music from them since they both are incredibly talented. It's just not as novel as 1000 gecs was, kind of just more of the same. Still incredibly produced and nostalgic for all of the sounds of that era, but that only goes so far.

Yea agree 100% with this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.