Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Sufjan Stevens raves over 'RENAISSANCE'

Featured Replies

Quote

 

There are so many properties that make a great singer. Some singers do crazy runs and others have impeccable melodic sensibilities. Everyone doesn't have to be Beyoncé. There's a spectrum, and you fit on it.


When I first heard "Plastic Off the Sofa", I was like, This is ridiculous.

 

I like Renaissance as a heat check. On top of everything else, it's a technical marvel. It's a power move making people strain to follow your vocals in TikTok challenges.


The wizardry on that album is so awesome and frustrating for me as a musician, because even if you took out her vocals, I'm still obsessed; I'm still intrigued by the engineering and production that's going on and the harmonic relationship between chords. All that stuff is really interesting too. It’s a pretty exciting album.

 

https://www.vulture.com/2022/11/sufjan-stevens-christmas-music-interview.html

 

More praise for this legendary album from incredible, iconic musicians. :clap3:

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A king that knows what's good :clap3: love that he's a Plastic Off the Sofa stan :clap3:

Real musicians would truly appreciate this album. The engineering, vocals and production are out of this world

1 minute ago, Sept said:

Real musicians would truly appreciate this album. The engineering, vocals and production are out of this world

So many details go unnoticed until you have professionals/experienced artists explaining its genius 

We don't need the approvation of the indie men but he's right. 

Edited by vale9001

now collab legends :clap3:

Edited by sunbathinganimal

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

When you make music for TikTok you always win :clap3:

I'd say you win more when you do nothing of the sort, but it still takes off there. :clap3: Cross generational impact.

12 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

When you make music for TikTok you always win :clap3:

Genres like ballroom music, techno, trance and soul are "music for Tik Tok" since when? I'm a TT user myself and only Cuff it and Alien Superstar have gone viral on the platform.

 

Gosh, what ever happened to ATRL trolling? It used to at least give a kii but nowadays, it just gives a plain headache :redface: Where is the originality? I can't taste the flavour. :biblio: Teach them your ways @D.M.F!

Edited by Blackout2006

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

When I first heard "Plastic Off the Sofa", I was like, This is ridiculous.

YES. The vocal runs of Beyonce on POTS were immaculate. 

Edited by Blackout2006

It's her best album musically. Honestly Lemonade's VISUALS were incredible and immaculate, but I hardly listen to it anymore, it's kind of boring if im being honest. Renaissance has no skips and it's so layered and well produced. I've said this since I first heard it. 

4 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

lmao such a closet homosexual, love him though

Gays be weirdos once again exhibit A

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.