Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

My Everything effortlessly clearing Yours Truly. Why?

Featured Replies

Loaded with iconic, career-defining hits such as Break Free, One Last Time, Love Me Harder, Problem, Bang Bang and cult classics Only 1 and Break Your Heart Right Back, why is Ariana Grande's sophomore album, My Everything, effortlessly clearing her seemingly acclaimed debut album, Yours Truly, filled with dated production and at best four to five timeless songs? And why is ATRL seemingly more inclined to dragging the former when it at most has two skips?

 

Discuss.


fan base] Ariana Grande - Page 2 - Base - ATRL

 

 

  • Replies 35
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dangerous Woman >>>

you can literally just go down the tracklist of that album and name nothing but great bops.

it was always bigger

though her other albums are far better than these two :smile:

honeymoon avenue vs. problem

baby I vs. one last time

right there vs. why try

tattooed heart vs. break free

lovin it vs. best mistake

piano vs. be my baby

daydreamin vs. break your heart right back

the way vs. love me harder

you'll never know vs. just a little bit of your heart

almost is never enough vs. hands on me

popular song vs. my everything

better left unsaid vs. bang bang

 

ME: 7 (+1 for only 1 since it's one of her best songs)

YT: 5

My Everything has been totally stomping lately, especially thanks to One Last Time. The way it suddenly started out streaming every album bar TUN and Positions, it's also gonna surpass TUN at this point.

Not going on this entire tirade to not even mention an actually incredible track from it, Best Mistake. 

1 minute ago, badgirlriri said:

Not going on this entire tirade to not even mention an actually incredible track from it, Best Mistake. 

The album has some incredible gems, Only 1, Best Mistake, Love Me Harder, One Last Time. 

Sweetener 

thank u, next 

My Everything 

Dangerous Woman

Yours Truly 

Pollutions 

 

wbk 

 

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, ariananext said:

My Everything has been totally stomping lately, especially thanks to One Last Time. The way it suddenly started out streaming every album bar TUN and Positions, it's also gonna surpass TUN at this point.

I’m so shocked how OLT did so mediocre when it was released, I always thought it had everything to be a huge hit but I’m glad people are waking up :clap3:

7 minutes ago, PopKills said:

I’m so shocked how OLT did so mediocre when it was released, I always thought it had everything to be a huge hit but I’m glad people are waking up :clap3:

Agree, I think it was always a fan fave, but overtime it became a classic, like Into You on a smaller scale.

  • Author
31 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

Not going on this entire tirade to not even mention an actually incredible track from it, Best Mistake. 

My skips were Why Try and Just A Little Bit of Your Heart so I was subconsciously praising it :clap3: 

My Everything has more remembered singles, but Yours Truly CLEARS My Everything on quality. It’s one of her top three albums I fear.

 

spacer.png
 

Sweetener > thank u, next > Yours Truly > Positions > My Everything > Dangerous Woman

17 minutes ago, PopKills said:

I’m so shocked how OLT did so mediocre when it was released, I always thought it had everything to be a huge hit but I’m glad people are waking up :clap3:

for a 5th single it did amazing. let's not forget that before Problem OLT was intended to be the lead single

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

My Everything has more remembered singles, but Yours Truly CLEARS My Everything on quality. It’s one of her top three albums I fear.

 

spacer.png
 

Sweetener > thank u, next > Yours Truly > Positions > My Everything > Dangerous Woman

:cm:

It doesn’t clear YT quality wise. Argue with the parent who gave you lack of taste. 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

It doesn’t clear YT quality wise. Argue with the parent who gave you lack of taste. 

whoa

 

B2CD20AF-6B66-4D91-B3D3-E898CD18804D.thu

2 hours ago, americanlife said:

My Everything has more remembered singles, but Yours Truly CLEARS My Everything on quality. It’s one of her top three albums I fear.

 

spacer.png
 

Sweetener > thank u, next > Yours Truly > Positions > My Everything > Dangerous Woman

So many languages and you chose to speak facts :gaycat:

 

It's sad yet predictable to see many dissing "Yours Truly" just because it's her least successful album. "My Everything" is filled with amazing tracks, don't get me wrong, but it's clear the aim was to make a playlist of hits rather than a cohesive body of work, as shown by the utterly chaotic mood swings from one track to another.

 

I'm also laughing at those claiming her debut is less timeless when "My Featurings" has peak 2014 vibes with Iggy Azalea and Zedd (love both songs regardless), "Why Try" screaming early-mid-2010s YA movie adaptation soundtrack, and "Bang Bang" being a cacophonous mess that only gets worse with time. Meanwhile, "Yours Truly" had Ariana releasing a charming homage to doo *** and 90s R&B when all her peers were deep into trendy EDM and electropop. So many hidden gems and career highlights on that album. :heart: No wonder she still immensely adores the project.

 

On another note, what a coincidence that our rankings are extremely similar, except mine switches "thank u, next" with "Dangerous Woman". I don't dislike any of her albums, though, with each of them having at least one song making into my personal top 15 of her discography.

35 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

doo ***

facts, but not "w0p" being censored :rip:

Edited by americanlife

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.