Aly & AJ - "With Love From"

despy

Aly & AJ Logo

New album out next Spring, according to Billboard.

Now, Billboard can announce that the act’s upcoming single, “With Love From,” will arrive Nov. 2, ushering in a new deal for the duo. The single doubles as the title of a new album, coming in the spring, which will be the first through a new distribution deal with SoundCloud that will also see the company provide Aly & AJ with marketing support.

Lead single, "With Love From", is out November 2nd.

http://withlovefrom.us/

Edited by despy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Boniqua

• despy

• computer.boy

this sounds like a COLLAPSE

I'm ready, they always deliver quality bops. 

It's giving chiller Pretty Places vibes, always excited for new A&A

I'd love a singer-songwriter-y record in the vein as Hothouse... and Sanctuary Vol 1 (Hothouse) on streaming.  

• 2 weeks later...

No idea why they would post that teaser and then not follow it up with anything for two weeks :skull:

Anywho, which song do we think is the lead? :sistrens:

Open to Something and That Something is You

With Love From

After Hours

Blue Dress

Love You This Way

Way of Nature Way of Grace

Tear the Night Up

Sunchoke

Talking in My Sleep

Baby Lay Your Head Down

6 Months of Staring Into the Sun

Can someone fill me in a bit on some Aly & AJ herstory? Why did they disappear for 10 years, what were they doing and why have they come back with such a vengeance? They can't stop serving insatiable bawps but what were they doing all that time? And why obliterate my spotify on repeat playlist so regularly now? :jonny5:

14 hours ago, Tropical said:

Can someone fill me in a bit on some Aly & AJ herstory? Why did they disappear for 10 years, what were they doing and why have they come back with such a vengeance? They can't stop serving insatiable bawps but what were they doing all that time? And why obliterate my spotify on repeat playlist so regularly now? :jonny5:

Aly & AJ had a scrapped 3rd album under Hollywood Records that they were working on around 2008, and tried to rebrand as '78Violet' which didn't really go anywhere. They decided to leave the label due to creative differences. They wanted to make music independently, but felt that what they were writing at the time weren't worth putting out, and they didn't know where they were going as artists. They focused on their acting careers and personal lives, and then around 2016 they were working with some people who helped find their sound/spark, and got serious with the music they were making, which led to the Ten Years EP and the explosion of more music.

• ATRL Moderator

They are touring with Ben Platt starting tomorrow I believe! Hopefully an announcement for a lead single comes

2 hours ago, Jennifer Lawrence said:

Aly & AJ had a scrapped 3rd album under Hollywood Records that they were working on around 2008, and tried to rebrand as '78Violet' which didn't really go anywhere. They decided to leave the label due to creative differences. They wanted to make music independently, but felt that what they were writing at the time weren't worth putting out, and they didn't know where they were going as artists. They focused on their acting careers and personal lives, and then around 2016 they were working with some people who helped find their sound/spark, and got serious with the music they were making, which led to the Ten Years EP and the explosion of more music.

Ohhh I see I see! Interesting. 10 Years EP came out of nowhere and it's sooo good. So cool to have them back and making such great modern music! Queens. Thanks for the history lesson. 

17 hours ago, Boniqua said:

No idea why they would post that teaser and then not follow it up with anything for two weeks :skull:

With Love From

After Hours

Blue Dress

Love You This Way

Tear the Night Up

Sunchoke

Talking in My Sleep

Baby Lay Your Head Down

honestly... looking at the lyric i posted above, "love you this way" seems fit for that to me. the song could go like "I told you that I’d change but I guess I never did... guess i'll always love you this way" as in no matter what happens, the way they love their partners is never going to change, they will always love them that way.

Edited by despy

• ATRL Moderator

Maybe they'll let something slip during meet and greets tomorrow, at the very least we'll get a live performance of a new song! 

18 hours ago, Boniqua said:

With Love From

After Hours

Blue Dress

Love You This Way

Tear the Night Up

Sunchoke

Talking in My Sleep

Baby Lay Your Head Down

where did this tracklist come from?

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Archie said:

where did this tracklist come from?

They posted in on their private fan club so sanctuary members got to see it last week

wow those track titles :jonny5: always here for new music from them! A Touch of the Beat... has no reason to be as "all killer no filler" as it is, a truly timeless and exquisite record :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

They really need to get some kind of plan going to get some hype built (obviously I'm not expecting them to blow up or anything but still). Dropping PBUS around the same time as Slow Dancing was kind of perfect come to think of it, lettuce pray another one of their tracks randomly goes viral on TikTok

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.