Was positions half-arsed?

Eglė

Am I the only one who’s getting this sort of feeling?

I just feel like Ariana didn’t put in any effort to create a cohesive, interesting, conceptualised era, the single choices were a bit eeh, the sound itself is something we’ve heard her do, and the lyrical themes were just mediocre.

Am I the only one who thinks that way?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• Eglė

• Cherish

• channel orange

Top Posters In This Topic

If Positions was 

1. someone like u

2. test drive

3. off the table

4. safety net

5. my hair

6. nasty

7. west side

8. positions

9. obvious

10. pov

It be better.

No. It’s more low-key but it completes the journey she stared with Sweetener

yes and the fact that the era (singles, promo, etc) sucked makes matters much worse … But what else from the Queen of Pop Ariana :gaycat5:

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

If Positions was 

1. someone like u

2. test drive

3. off the table

4. safety net

5. my hair

6. nasty

7. west side

8. positions

9. obvious

10. pov

It be better.

wait this is cute but add motive after nasty and worst behaviour after my hair 

image0.gif

it’s over-hated

sweetener is her most half assed album lol

The music itself is amazing. For me, the album art and visuals (minus the Positions video) we’re half-arsed. The era could’ve been huge with a little more effort and promo.

yes and its time we said it. even Ariana didn't care about it

17 minutes ago, Delusional said:

It’s her best album tbh. Her ‘Butterfly’.

image0.gif

Now I like some of Positions a lot, but this is blasphemous 

mlaredoperez

Yes. It's her worst and most boring album.

Nothing exciting , nothing new.

20 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

Yes it was a snoozefest

image0.gif

41 minutes ago, Eglė said:

I just feel like Ariana didn’t put in any effort to create a cohesive, interesting, conceptualised era

That's because she didn't, she actually didn't do that for any album bar Yours Truly and Sweetener - you could argue about Dangerous Woman, but that didn't really go far either considering the only thing on theme were the album photoshoot and the A Capella video which was most likely shot the same day :rip:. Everytime she releases an album it's "we were creating in the studio like we always do and at some point we realized we had enough tracks to put out an album". It's not something that I like, but unfortunately it looks like she doesn't care about "concepts" and she hasn't been someone who has shown interest into maximizing her potential for years now.

That said, I really love Positions as an album. I do think the deluxe tracks were half-arsed left-overs that she could've kept because they didn't add to the album whatsoever, if anything they cheapened it (I'm never a fan of re-releases and such, let alone when the bonus tracks aren't worhy).  

Positions was an amazing lead single, it's the realization of her brand as I've said many times: a catchy song with harmonies, strings, good vocals with sexual innuendos. Just Like Magic is a cute bop about positivity and manifestation that really sets my day, Love Language is a lovely song that gives me Golden Era vibes, Off The Table is her most personal song so far with Ghostin, and a continuation of it. Motive is a bop - even though the Mash-Up hits harder. Obvious is a feel-good song, Safety Net is a moody gem, POV is one of her greatest ballads, My Hair has some of her best vocals, like the album in general.

As for the promo, I fear it's just over for her, after My Everything era and the Manchester/Mac situations she's in this "I don't care about success I just want to enjoy my peace" mood, I can't blame her after all she's been through but it's certainly not fun or entertaining for her stans!

Edited by ariananext

5 minutes ago, mlaredoperez said:

Yes. It's her worst and most boring album.

Nothing exciting , nothing new.

This. 

It’s actually quarter-arsed. Her worst album after My Featurings

image0.gif

idk but she’s really taking her time for this next one huh :rip:

13 minutes ago, ariananext said:

As for the promo, I fear it's just over for her, after My Everything era and the Manchester/Mac situations she's in this "I don't care about success I just want to enjoy my peace" mood, I can't blame her after all she's been through but it's certainly not fun or entertaining for her stans!

That makes sense. I just feel like she didn’t even really care about the album or the era, she just dropped it, shot some music videos and called it a day, whereas with her previous records, I think she was more invested in the eras themselves. 

And the fact that she ventured out into other businesses, such as her make-up brand, or The Voice, makes me feel like she’s lost her spark or interest in music/being a popstar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.