Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Best lead single for 1989 (TV)?

Best lead single for 1989 (TV)? 87 members have voted

  1. 1. Best lead single for 1989 (TV)?

    • Welcome To New York
      1%
      1
    • Style
      19%
      17
    • Out Of The Woods
      1%
      1
    • All You Had To Do Was Stay
      8%
      7
    • I Wish You Would
      0%
      0
    • Wildest Dreams
      2%
      2
    • How You Get The Girl
      0%
      0
    • This Love
      0%
      0
    • I Know Places
      0%
      0
    • Clean
      9%
      8
    • Wonderland
      1%
      1
    • You Are In Love
      0%
      0
    • New Romantics
      18%
      16
    • I think Taylor will lead with a previous #1 single (Shake It Off, Blank Space, Bad Blood)
      8%
      7
    • I think Taylor will lead with an unreleased vault track
      31%
      27

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It seems guaranteed that Taylor will push Enchanted as the lead single for her Speak Now re-release which will undoubtedly give her another chance to challenge for her 9th Hot 100 #1.

 

If she is to repeat this strategy when it comes to her 1989 re-release (and doesn't opt to lead with a vault track or a re-release of one of her classic #1s from the era), what song do you see her pushing to try achieve the era's 4th #1?

 

Welcome To New York

Style

Out Of The Woods

All You Had To Do Was Stay

I Wish You Would

Wildest Dreams

How You Get The Girl

This Love

I Know Places 

Clean

Wonderland

You Are In Love

New Romantics

 

Taylorswift GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

 

*I'm ignoring Reputation as the Getaway Car stans will win that one

Edited by Wonderland

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Godmantics which should’ve been the lead single of the og album. 

"Style" or "New Romantics" would be my choice, if we're talking album tracks, but if the vault collaboration with Drake is real/on 1989 (TV), I have a hard time imagining her leading with anything else, considering the worldwide smash potential.

Style if it can manage to get it’s deserved #1

otherwise... AYHTDWS, IWYW or a vault track...

anyone choosing the tragic deluxe track can exit asap :sistrens:

  • Author

For me, there's only one answer that can absolutely guarantee her a #1: Style (feat. Harry Styles)

 

Release it with a new video that better fits the vibe of the song and it's guaranteed to smash :jonny: 

3 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

For me, there's only one answer that can absolutely guarantee her a #1: Style (feat. Harry Styles)

 

THIS. It will do ATW10 but with more longevity.

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

All You Had to Do Was Slay which should’ve been the lead single of the og album

Always coming with the taste :clap3:

the way I was obsessed with this since the beginning is insane... the improved Heys and Stays are gonna be deadly, I just know it!

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Kristen said:

"Style" or "New Romantics" would be my choice, if we're talking album tracks, but if the vault collaboration with Drake is real/on 1989 (TV), I have a hard time imagining her leading with anything else, considering the worldwide smash potential.

I feel like Taylor singing a hook on a Drake-led song would fare better than Drake rapping a verse on a Taylor-led song.

 

Unless it comes through as a serious bop, I don't really see Drake's audience coming over to stream it :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

For me, there's only one answer that can absolutely guarantee her a #1: Style (feat. Harry Styles)

 

Release it with a new video that better fits the vibe of the song and it's guaranteed to smash :jonny: 

This would be massive. I’d stan Wonderland getting her moment :jonnycat:

  • Author
1 minute ago, Onion Girl said:

Isn't Wildest Dreams already the first single technically?

Shhhhhh you're gonna skew the poll :gaycat1:

Edited by Wonderland

3 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Always coming with the taste :clap3:

the way I was obsessed with this since the beginning is insane... the improved Heys and Stays are gonna be deadly, I just know it!

It's honestly my single most anticipated rerecording track left on the four albums still to come :jonny: I think it's basically the most underrated Track 5 in her discography due to it being upbeat.

 

I'm going to die for her new vocals at "could've been easy" I just know it!

style would get her the number 1 as it deserves, but i want WONDERLAND!!!! so i voted for her. but do we think she’s doing a lead? she didn’t for red and it smashed

  • Author
1 minute ago, Walk_Away21 said:

This would be massive. I’d stan Wonderland getting her moment :jonnycat:

I think it feels so right because there was always this sense of injustice that Style peaked where it did. While the video was beautiful, it was also a complete mismatch for the vibe of the song. Having Style as the lead would give her an opportunity to correct all of those mistakes which I why I'm all for it.

 

I named myself after Kesha's song but Taylor's one helped make me more iconic so I'll always stan it too :jonnycat:

 

 

1 minute ago, shookspeare said:

How You Get The Grammy :jonnycat:

omg this too her belts on this :jonnycat: i’m gonna pass away

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Always coming with the taste :clap3:

the way I was obsessed with this since the beginning is insane... the improved Heys and Stays are gonna be deadly, I just know it!

As long as it doesn't go à la the we's of WANEGBT (TV). I'd be concerned myself :rip: 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, saintspice said:

style would get her the number 1 as it deserves, but i want WONDERLAND!!!! so i voted for her. but do we think she’s doing a lead? she didn’t for red and it smashed

She still pushed ATW on release and I suspect she'd do the same with at least one song from each of her re-releases.

Dang there are so many great options... I guess it depends whether or not she keeps going for the mature songwriter image like she did on Red, pushing ATW10 and IBYTAM while pretending WANEGBT/IKYWT/22 didn't exist.

 

If that's the case I think she might make Style the big rollout cause it's a little moodier and sleeker than IWYW/NR/Wonderland. Style was a hit but it had the potential to be Blank Space level with an iconic video and performances. It's the lowest-certified of the 5 big 1989 singles and i think it could do a second run :coffee:

 

Spoiler

AYHTDWS would be interesting, ever since Stay (Laroi and Beiber) dropped, i thought it heavily borrowed from that song by pitching up "stay" as the main part of the hook :rip: 

 

Edited by ☆lex

1 hour ago, Onion Girl said:

Isn't Wildest Dreams already the first single technically?

this :toofunny2:

 

 

i want New Romantics though

This is dependent on the vault tracks. If she has another MXM Studios bop that can go top 40, she should go with that. Especially if the rumors are true, and Harry Styles is on such a track.

 

I think "All You Had To Do Was Stay (TV)" should be the 2nd single, and "How You Get The Girl (TV)" should appear in some Netflix teen show + a Target commercial before the album is released. :soda: 

It would be nice if New Romantics got a second chance, but if it didn’t connect the first time, it might not this time. The song with Drake might be the best bet. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.