Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Is Legend X a Bad Vocalist?

Is Legend X a Bad Singer? 98 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Legend X a Bad Singer?

    • Yes
      50%
      49
    • No
      50%
      49

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Well is she? 
 

ATRL claims the GP think she’s one of the best singers yet most people I come across find her voice grating. 
 

She

 

- Rarelys sings a song but instead uses vocal acrobatics usually murdering the melody. 
- Her tone is screechy and shouty. 
- She’s ruined multiple Disney songs by over singing them. 
- She’s been booed singing the national anthem. 
- She rarely emotes in her music bar a few songs. 

So what do you think?

What’s your opinion on it?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. She is HORRIBLE. 

 

She has natural talent, I'm not saying she doesn't but listening to her sing is a miserable experience. The screams, the growls, the off-key notes.... She is just the absolute pits. 

The over singing :rip: It's like you're getting hit by a sledgehammer in the worst way possible. She's that bad

The only time she wasn’t over singing was on Bionic and we all know how that turned out… 

 

I think it’s just how much people dislike her. Her vocal talent is practically unmatched. And she does a warm tone full of vibrato.

Not always, but if you look at the end of Pa Mis Muchachas the answer points to yes.

Honestly, Ain’t No Other Man is the perfect display of how Xtina is able to and SHOULD use her vocals. I seriously don’t know why she always thinks she needs to do so much, it’s like an insecurity, I wish she’d cut it out. 

all of these xtina threads since the reset :rip:

 

and why are you asking if shes a good vocalist and then answer your own question?

No. She has a unique style of singing that she’s comfortable with. 
 

A lot of you aren’t used to SINGING & it shows.

Ariana Grande, Michelle Obama, Beyoncé, Celine Dion, Etta James, Dua Lipa, Tinashe, all the 5H girls, all the Girls Aloud girls, Sam Smith, Olivia Rodrigo, Demi Lovato, Hilary Clinton, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, Selena Gomez, Adam Lambert, Patti Labelle, Whitney Houston, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Lawrence, Megan Trainor, Jordin Sparks, Little Mix, Cher, Kristen Bell, Ed Sheeran, Miley Cyrus are just among some people that disagree but it’s cute that you have your opinion I guess :gaycat5:

A swiftie creating a thread about bad singing :rip:

 

OT: No, she just over does it at times. Her niche is her voice and she forgets that a little is a lot for people with her vocal talent. So when she does do a lot, it’s often too much. 

Her main problem is that she reaches for notes that are just not in her register. They may have been there at some stage in her life but they are gone now.
 

What ends up happening is she strains and sometimes screams instead of actually reaching those notes. Either that or she improvises or dodges notes (which is much better).


I just picked this performance as an example. In the climax she is actually screaming for about 1 minute and it’s really unpleasant (for me). Pick any Christina song that is in an upper range and you’ll get these really grating vocals. 
 

 

Where she actually does well is in a controlled, natural register: 

 

 
One of her best performances and a fan-favourite for a reason. Very little straining; beautiful rich tone and controlled improvisation. Unfortunately the screaming kinda became her signature. 

I dont know. I didnt know she sang. I thought she just screamed or whatever... 

 

Mariah Carey Reading GIF

I LOVE Xtina, I think she is talented, beautiful and has the best vocal tone since at least Mariah and hasn't been matched since. That being said, yes technically she is a bad vocalist. She does not sing in her comfortable range, pushes down her larynx to make a bigger sound and overall gives inconsistent performances and a lack of discipline in her craft and taste level. I still wouldn't change her, I love the over the top screaming and doing too much. I'd rather her be a mess than boring, I just wish she did it in a way that could preserve her natural talent, which is tremendous.

Edited by Edit0rz
Word

lol if XTINA is a bad vocalist I can't have words to define what probably 99% of the rest of the industry is.

Why ATRL is in this no end Xtina hate trend, anyway? 

19 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

I LOVE Xtina, I think she is talented, beautiful and has the best vocal tone since at least Mariah and hasn't been matched since. That being said, yes technically she is a bad vocalist. She does not sing in her comfortable range, pushes down her larynx to make a bigger sound and overall gives inconsistent performances and a lack of discipline in her craft and taste level. I still wouldn't change her, I love the over the top screaming and doing too much. I'd rather her be a mess than boring, I just wish she did it in a way that could preserve her natural talent, which is tremendous.

Ariana definitely has a better tone than Xtina tbh, her & Rihanna have the best tones in pop.

She's not a bad vocalist at all. She doesn't seem to have the most pleasant tone, though.

 

Like Lil' Jon (in the Lovers and Friends song) it sometimes gives the alarm clock you can't seem to find after one of your best dreams ever (the one that you knew you were in but didn't want to wake up from).

:coffee2:

She has a beautiful voice. Her falsetto, and low tone is unmatched. However, I personally as a fan, am 100% over her over singing. She’s got the talent but even I can barely listen/watch any performances anymore unless it’s pre-recorded like her recent Disney performance. The ha’s, the growls… it’s so distracting and grating and so predictable at this point. Most fans know exactly when she is going to throw in a ha or a growl because she literally does it alllllll the time. I have zero interest in any performance of hers anymore.

 

Tangent over. She’s not a bad vocalist but she’s an annoying vocalist that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, starsailor said:

lol if XTINA is a bad vocalist I can't have words to define what probably 99% of the rest of the industry is.

Why ATRL is in this no end Xtina hate trend, anyway? 

Honestly this is only happening because of one specific user, he’s been going around causing drama with several fanbases and causing ppl to retaliate :foxaylove3:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.