Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lizzo - "About Damn Time"

Featured Replies

The song is ok but I agree that the chorus lacks power.

  • Replies 985
  • Views 77.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors sounded like it could be a hit. Sounded like something that should have been spammed in radio, commercials, etc. This doesn’t. With tweaking to the chorus, this could have gone somewhere but it never quite hits as is

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Khamis said:

Rumors sounded like it could be a hit. Sounded like something that should have been spammed in radio, commercials, etc. This doesn’t. With tweaking to the chorus, this could have gone somewhere but it never quite hits as is

I'm gonna do something to try to give it a punch.

Anyways, it's really sad to see her hype and power have nearly disappeared in 2 years... she's go so much carisma.

This is a bop

but lack of wow factor

 

I mean, Lil Nas came up with MONTERO after Holiday underperformed

this is not IT

I mean yeah it’s obvious her team + label asked her to do a full 180 and try to save this era, but I don’t think this is it either. She’s definitely going for the white millennial mum/trendy department store TV commercial bag tho. Good on her.

The lyricism is not drastically different than anything on CILY y’all are doing too much:rip: this a BOP!

This is alright. I liked rumors better on the first few listens 

It’s a cute summer bop.  Will make little waves. Not a cultural reset.

She is going to kill this on SNL and y'all will SUFFER :katie2: :flame:

Itune USA

7 NEW
Lizzo - About Damn Time

 

cute but N/A on AM usa. 

I think the song is cute, I agree the chorus isn’t as catchy as some of her other songs but I think it’s still single material.

 

Video doesn’t suit the vibe at all though, like where are the roller skates? The disco balls? Come on now :deadbanana4:

  • Author
19 minutes ago, Polgg48 said:

Itune USA

7 NEW
Lizzo - About Damn Time

 

cute but N/A on AM usa. 

Also it's not added to TTH

Tbh the song is lackluster and the mv is cringeworthy. I like Lizzo and after the false start of last year’s album campaign with Rumors; this just doesn’t cut it. She/her team should’ve stuck with Rumors, released a follow-up single and put the album out last year as originally planned. The decision  to rework the album ruined her momentum.

 

I also get the vibe that she’s a bit artistically lost at the moment and doesn’t know what to do with herself nor what her sound should be. The first album’s sound and campaign was much more focused and confident compared to what she’s doing now. 

Edited by JessPop

this doesn't scream "this is the song that will make me get my album out!" 

 

 

This is bombing on AM/YouTube.  Wonder if a huge flop will make them rethink things. 

49 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

this doesn't scream "this is the song that will make me get my album out!" 

 

 

but it actually does.

3 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

This is bombing on AM/YouTube.  Wonder if a huge flop will make them rethink things. 

Album campaign has started already. SNL this weekend

 

Despite chart performances.

1 hour ago, JessPop said:

Tbh the song is lackluster and the mv is cringeworthy. I like Lizzo and after the false start of last year’s album campaign with Rumors; this just doesn’t cut it. She/her team should’ve stuck with Rumors, released a follow-up single and put the album out last year as originally planned. The decision  to rework the album ruined her momentum.

 

I also get the vibe that she’s a bit artistically lost at the moment and doesn’t know what to do with herself nor what her sound should be. The first album’s sound and campaign was much more focused and confident compared to what she’s doing now. 

The way you’re doing the absolute most, reading her releasing a lackluster song as her being artistically lost, like girl chill :hoetenks:

10 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

The way you’re doing the absolute most, reading her releasing a lackluster song as her being artistically lost, like girl chill :hoetenks:

I said what I said. Clearly the gp shares my opinion as evidenced by the non-response to this song coupled with how quickly Rumors came and went. Deal with it. 

Just now, JessPop said:

I said what I said. Clearly the gp shares my opinion as evidenced by the non-response to this song coupled with how quickly Rumors came and went. Deal with it. 

That just means the gp didn’t care for two of her songs. Knowing her they’ll probably blow up in a few years since that’s what all her hits seem to do :cm: It absolutely does not mean she’s artistically lost. You just made that up :priceless:

2 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

That just means the gp didn’t care for two of her songs. Knowing her they’ll probably blow up in a few years since that’s what all her hits seem to do :cm: It absolutely does not mean she’s artistically lost. You just made that up :priceless:

No, it’s called having an opinion/being able to read the situation. Chill out and go give the song a few more much needed streams instead of taking it personally.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.