Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lizzo - "About Damn Time"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 985
  • Views 78.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors was amazing and I never switched on it like y'all :giraffe:

 

And this song is amazing but it doesn't have the punch it needed, Rumous had it, but they stopped the promo for no reason. 

The radio adds for this so far are something I’ve never seen.

 

Lizzo has traction (and frankly she’s #1 so far) on Pop, Urban, Rhythmic, Urban AC, & HAC. I wonder if this could be a huge multi-format radio smash and that will make up some of the ground it’s losing on streaming.


(sidenote: they really need to get this song on to a major ad campaign for an airline, hersheys chocolate, or something. just a nice big name brand for added promo). 

Edited by Flare

It sounds like a really good song for a drag queen but as a stars last chance at a mainstream hit i dunno :rip:

It’s cute albeit a bit safe but it’s not like a real earworm. I’ll prob listen to it if it comes back on shuffle but I won’t like purposefully seek it out 

 

 

positive sign on itune stablility, shazam shoot up, and probably amazon music got great result there too. ( or facebook either )

 

once her audience reached :mrpeanut:, hope they response to call out and give this longivity its deserved. :swan:

 
Multi-format smash incoming. Radio may save this song entirely. It’s appealing to so many formats. It has a uplifting and universal funky commercial sound. :whistle:

Edited by Flare

5 minutes ago, Flare said:

 
Multi-format smash incoming. Radio may save this song entirely. It’s appealing to so many formats. It has a uplifting and universal funky commercial sound. :whistle:

Ehh… this doesn’t really mean anything. I mean it’s good but it more shows that radio WANT to give her a hit but they’ll still drop it in 3 weeks FLAT if the stats aren’t matching.

Case in point

4 minutes ago, Khamis said:

Ehh… this doesn’t really mean anything. I mean it’s good but it more shows that radio WANT to give her a hit but they’ll still drop it in 3 weeks FLAT if the stats aren’t matching.

Case in point

Rumors is not a universal good song. It’s like pop rap which isn’t appealing to older audiences. This is more like a Bruno Mars song and can appeal to R&B radio and Adult Pop audiences. 
 

EDIT: Callouts killed Rumors not the performance on streaming. If callouts show that people like a song, it will dominate radio for as long as the callouts are strong. This is why Ed Sheeran has been doing poorly (for his own standards) on streaming but getting saved by Pop radio over and over the last couple singles. 

Edited by Flare

Sounds like a total flop, sorry. I did like Rumors though. 

I get what you lot mean about the song, it isn't bad but it's just there. The chorus isn't bad, it's just safe? I don't know it just feels like "okay, cool"... Don't hit as instantly catchy or anything, it seems like a better choice than rumours though, I don't really listen to Lizzo though, so don't know what I expected. It's not bad but doesn't seem like it's going to take off.

It sounds really generic and cheesy compared to her first album hits. She needs to sing about something other than being fat. Nothing groundbreaking. Her flop era is upon us. 

This lowkey gets better with every listen, you just gotta let it hit :katie2:

 

hopefully radio saves this

This is a choice it's not bad and it's not great. The lyrics are just too much of the same though. 

 

 

I just listened to it again and my feeling hasn't changed.  I think the biggest issue is there are no hills or valleys in the song, no climax moments, it is just kind of the same volume/beat/rhythm the entire song so it just ends up sounding kind of meandering and anti-climactic.   She has so many songs that absolutely SLAP and this barely feels like a flick.

US Spotify
April 19 |#151 (-21)  |246,424 (-2,942) streams
April 18 | #130 (+20)  | 249,366 (+31,076) streams
April 17 | #150 (-68)  | 218,290 (-73,276) streams
April 16 | #82 (-46)  | 291,566 (-139,969) streams
April 15 | #36  | 431,535 streams

11 hours ago, Green said:

R&B radio should play this song if they play Bruno/Silk Sonic.

I dont see Urban playing it on power rotation, should have sent it to Urban AC

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.