Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

 

Best KPOP idol ever

 Kj59HPP.gif

more & more might’ve sucked but at least it gave us orange hair sana :loki:

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

20 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

 

Best KPOP idol ever

 Kj59HPP.gif


the world STOPPED when this dropped :loki:

25 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Did you tweet this

Kj59HPP.gif

 

No, I like TWICE. I despise GFRAUD and VIVIZ though. 

 

Kj59HPP.gif

9 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:


:deadbanana2:

More than Stray Kids help :rip:

See when you're the best 4th Gen KPOP BG

Kj59HPP.gif

Edited by Billionaire

They really let SKZ & ENHYPEN have their moment only to come & STOMP

 

 

Kj59HPP.gif

29 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:


:deadbanana2:

 

And there's still a whole week before release :WAP: 

Consistently delivering quality sure pays off. 

Do Korean charts pay artists at all?? I know Spotify gives a small bit of revenue per stream but do Korean streaming services work like that?

 

Because what's the point of having insane digital if you sell nothing?

 

 

32 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

They really let SKZ & ENHYPEN have their moment only to come & STOMP

 

 

Kj59HPP.gif

talent always wins 

 

Kj59HPP.gif

1 hour ago, TaylenaStan said:


:deadbanana2:

 

the way stray cats & enhypen stans were trying to drag them for their old album sales when they hadn't comeback in almost a year :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Zack said:

There is some scalding hot tea masquerading as fiction in this book.

The scones and company stans won't be happy. 

 

 

I'm actually looking forward to what this will have. I totally believe the first book was reality disguised as fiction, especially that thing with extended contracts that they sign 7 + 3 years right away (I haven't read the book though, just read some stuff online)

26 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

Do Korean charts pay artists at all?? I know Spotify gives a small bit of revenue per stream but do Korean streaming services work like that?

 

Because what's the point of having insane digital if you sell nothing?

 

Streaming services like Melon do pay, but it depends on the contract as to whether the idol receives any of that money or if their company keeps some/all of it.

 

The point of getting good digitals is for GP recognition mostly. This is why those who say Melon is "irrelevant" don't really get it. Charting high on local charts is literally the gateway to secondary income (e.g. CFs, promotional appearances, other paid activities etc.) in Korea. If you have a #1 song people will start calling you.

 

Just look at Brave Girls as an example, Rollin' went viral and became massive on Melon/Korean charts and it helped them to pay their bills, even though their physical sales have never really taken off. Because charting high opened up promotional opportunities for them that they simply would not have been offered before that. 

 

Getting good Spotify global streams is great, but no one knows for sure how much (if any) of that streaming money is going back to the idols, because it depends on the contracts. 

 

Plus Spotify/global streaming platforms are mostly irrelevant in Korea. Sure, Melon's userbase is declining, but it's still holding the largest share of the SK market and will continue to be important for as long as that is the case. 

Just now, VelvetCrush said:

I'm actually looking forward to what this will have. I totally believe the first book was reality disguised as fiction, especially that thing with extended contracts that they sign 7 + 3 years right away (I haven't read the book though, just read some stuff online)

The first book definitely has some reality disguised as fiction, but I feel like she was more careful with it then. 

 

In this book, from what I've seen it's really blatant and she doesn't even try to hide it much (for example Sunny being called Sunhee in the book :skull:). 

I guess considering this book will cover you know what, she wanted to go all out and be a little more obvious about things. 

 

Kind of a genius way for her to tell her truth without much risk of getting sued really. 

1 minute ago, Zack said:

The first book definitely has some reality disguised as fiction, but I feel like she was more careful with it then. 

 

In this book, from what I've seen it's really blatant and she doesn't even try to hide it much (for example Sunny being called Sunhee in the book :skull:). 

I guess considering this book will cover you know what, she wanted to go all out and be a little more obvious about things. 

 

Kind of a genius way for her to tell her truth without much risk of getting sued really. 

did u read the book?

2 hours ago, Somi said:

 

TWICE stans is the true? TWICE can’t be doing THAT badly in SK 

 

Kj59HPP.gif


The girl group who just finished a sold out world tour vs the girl group touring backstage of queendom for a free sandwich? I think we know the answer 


DBCD4819-0CBD-4923-9C98-2B11B96C7751.thu

gfraud stans came for snsd one day before they disbanded, now viviz stans are coming for tLICE, wonder who's gonna rank 6th this time in queendom :swan:

17 minutes ago, Sailor Venus said:

gfraud stans came for snsd one day before they disbanded, now viviz stans are coming for tLICE, wonder who's gonna rank 6th this time in queendom :swan:

Hopefully VIVIZ 

DBCD4819-0CBD-4923-9C98-2B11B96C7751.thu

And yes miss Sana really is an idol legend. 
The way this clip has 15m views

 


 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95236bdc706c7b5e95cd7

46 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:


The girl group who just finished a sold out world tour vs the girl group touring backstage of queendom for a free sandwich? I think we know the answer 


DBCD4819-0CBD-4923-9C98-2B11B96C7751.thu

A tour which 2 members of Vivz attended 

DBCD4819-0CBD-4923-9C98-2B11B96C7751.thu

Alcohol-Free has been STUCK in my head lately. The superior Summer bop

DBCD4819-0CBD-4923-9C98-2B11B96C7751.thu

Miyeon really did deliver a solid first single in Drive

 

her live is so stable too Wew *****

 

Thats what I get stanning for talent 


 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.