• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive LOVED Single Soon since it came out tbh

• Like 1

I like Love On, but I find SS horrible

Read some pages back and laughted at some of y'all thinking Selena made a song about asking someone to ride her to please Gracie lmao anything to blame someone else

I do believe Intercope was who asked for upbeat, but I think Selena bought the idea. She seemed she was into it in the interviews last year.  I really think Selena can't sell upbeat, happy right now because she doesn't seem that happy herself. Her eyes have not yet regained the light it once had and she walks like she's in pain  (and maybe she is, arthritis is a *****)

About Aleen, she is a brand manager. First thing she did when Selena signed with her was end the k-mart deal and book Selena with big brands. She upped Selena's image(making it sophisticated) and helped to make Rare Beauty possible (btw I hope she did a good job on it and Selena has a good percent, because I don't believe she owns it, if even Kanye West didn't own Yezzy).  But she has not been good at the artistic aspect of management for a long time. I think the last "big" thing she booked for her clients was Ant-Man. But maybe she'll be good to Olivia, because she has a big enough fanbase to consume her albums without the need for singles success and she for sure can make her rich

Edited by lauren198

There always been something I do not understand: she said many times (before dropping LO) her music sounds like GFY, Bad Liar, Souvenir etc 

But then she released Love On. 

Sometimes lead singles do not sound as the album will be. But still strange. 

Aleen was a good manager for Selena as a celebrity, she was everywhere in 2015-2016. She got some big deal too. 

Aleen and Interscope team are not good for her, not totally a mess but very mediocre. There's always something missing or something wrong: the Thursday release or a radio deal or a decent TTH spot or a smart decision for a single. 

She has her fault too: she doesn't care at all about music. She barely performs and her lives (recently) are all for her collabs. After the AMAs she was't ever bothered about the performance and motivated to do a better job and improve. A shame. Not gonna lie about this. She really needs to work seriously as a singer, if she wants, or just retire and do movies/ TV which is acutally great. She's more involved and passionated and personally I'm curious about some of her new roles. 

the problem is that interscope is the only record that let her be this lazy...probably they stopped seing that 'spark' on selena and decided not to invest anymore but also they dont drop her or something cuz still is good money because her name. so, i agree with you.. its her fault.

if she joins another label, she HAS to work and prove anyone wrong, if not then go independent girl.

8 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

There always been something I do not understand: she said many times (before dropping LO) her music sounds like GFY, Bad Liar, Souvenir etc 

But then she released Love On. 

Sometimes lead singles do not sound as the album will be. But still strange. 

Aleen was a good manager for Selena as a celebrity, she was everywhere in 2015-2016. She got some big deal too. 

Aleen and Interscope team are not good for her, not totally a mess but very mediocre. There's always something missing or something wrong: the Thursday release or a radio deal or a decent TTH spot or a smart decision for a single. 

She has her fault too: she doesn't care at all about music. She barely performs and her lives (recently) are all for her collabs. After the AMAs she was't ever bothered about the performance and motivated to do a better job and improve. A shame. Not gonna lie about this. She really needs to work seriously as a singer, if she wants, or just retire and do movies/ TV which is acutally great. She's more involved and passionated and personally I'm curious about some of her new roles. 

i don't get why she'd switch labels if she claims this is her last album? she needs to focus on her artistry and just release music despite the flopping. it's not the 2010s anymore where she'll easily get a hit

Edited by Freakshowvato
  • Like 1

The rumors and the IG stories are making me think she cares again about music. If she actually dgaf, she wouldn’t say anything. I think she’s always tried to pretend like it doesn’t matter to protect herself, but she wants it. And that’s good—I want to see her make something she earnestly cares about and matters to her. 

how reputable is this?

0TSptMT.jpeg

also i read that there was a tracklist leak for a deluxe version of For You? where is that image?

She posted a photo dump of Petra Collins 

If she wants to release SG3 in 2025 but drop Stained with MV shoot by Petra this year as a droplet, no problem for me. 

On 3/16/2024 at 6:43 PM, kzm said:

The rumors and the IG stories are making me think she cares again about music. If she actually dgaf, she wouldn’t say anything. I think she’s always tried to pretend like it doesn’t matter to protect herself, but she wants it. And that’s good—I want to see her make something she earnestly cares about and matters to her. 

exactly. 

14 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

how reputable is this?

0TSptMT.jpeg

also i read that there was a tracklist leak for a deluxe version of For You? where is that image?

wow what is that ?

I'll believe Selena cares about music when she hires a vocal coach, stop smoking(or vaping) and hires a music expert for some drive on her music carreer (it doesn't even need to be a full management)

But I do believe she didn't like how bad those two songs performed, because Selena is a people pleaser, always was, and she wants her fans like her music and she knows they didn't. Nothing besides that :coffee:

• Like 1

Selena's main issue is that she's inconsistent. She's inconsistent sonically, visually, and thematically.

When she goes deeper she shines — “The Hearts What It Wants,” “Lose You To Love Me,” and “Stained" being examples. But she's too afraid of being judged. 

I'd love an album with the reference tracks being “Bad Liar,” “Fetish,” “Wolves,” “Hands To Myself,” and “Trust Nobody". Give us something darker and sexier but also personal and has personality. 

Excited for the Fred Again collab… SS and LO aren't tracks I've been replaying recently. 

10 hours ago, Mydilemma2.0 said:

wow what is that ?

supposedly its a 'scrapped' tracklist of her album from the droplet era with Fetish, etc

Some people are saying she is releasing an EP of old songs from the 2016-2017 sessions to get out of the contract. Don't know if I like that. Better to release the album she has been working on and move on. She can release that EP any other time. 

She wants to get out of every music contract it seems huh if that tracklist is real

Selena's music catalog is small to the point that i would like an album made with old unreleaseds. The more the best. 

I don't have the energy to think about charts and strategy anymore with Selena. May she hire a good team. If she doesn't, it is what it is. 

"the more music we get = the best", i just don't care anymore. her catalog is SO SMALL. i just need music, if it's from 2024, 2023 or 2017 i don't care. i want her to release it. i know it can backfire and make selena lose 100% the GP interest but it also can work so... hire a good team. it's their job imo. i'll be streaming... 

On 3/18/2024 at 1:42 PM, lauren198 said:

But I do believe she didn't like how bad those two songs performed, because Selena is a people pleaser, always was, and she wants her fans like her music and she knows they didn't. Nothing besides that :coffee:

the fact that this makes sense... it's not about her music career, its about the feeling that people aren't liking something. 

it makes total sense, i agree with u.  

BUT whatever makes her step up her music career game is a win!!! i'm excited (while nervous of course) about what's coming for our girl! 

Edited by Selegend

googled and someone posted this pic in 2017

Those tracklists were never real. They made about a thousand of them back in the 2010s for every artist in existence. They also all looked the same despite artists being from different labels; same structure and everything. It is embarrassing. 

At this point, let's see what happens. I just want new music and if any song is meant to do well, good. If not, c'est la vie 

• Like 1

Glad the Interscope A&R posted the photo. Don't understand why she is not credited in the website but then they credit her and send her a plaque congratulating her. But glad they do it tho

Just read somewhere on Twitter that she's working on a soundtrack.

This is one of the few random rumors I hope it'll be true.

The way this forum treats her is disgusting :biblio:

• Like 6

strets are saying she's teasing something with her latest post

Real ----> the album or a new song

20 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

strets are saying she's teasing something with her latest post

Real ----> the album or a new song

I want to believe she's releasing the 2017 album in the next few weeks and then another album in the few months.

Edited by selena_lavigne

7 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

I want to believe she's releasing the 2017 album in the next few weeks and then another album in the few months.

that would be a dream honestly 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.