Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

I've been waiting on this song for 2 and a half years and we got a s***y leak finally. 

fhgoimsdgpmoidbfmpiodzhmpiohd

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

the way love on walked so espresso could run :gaycat6:

Today was really cute finally getting I Feel Pretty in my music library. 

Was jamming to pRETTy by Lil Yachty for like a year, cuz i was like ooooo the songs are connected.

IFP is not very good so I'm glad they didn't release it. I don't like how the fans reacted when she started teasing it though. 

• Like 3

Also, finally May! Hope she attends the MET. Also Cannes, possibly new music, the Emilia Perez trailer, some campaigning for the Emmys

Exciting month!

40 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Also, finally May! Hope she attends the MET. Also Cannes, possibly new music, the Emilia Perez trailer, some campaigning for the Emmys

Exciting month!

She will not be at the Met Gala

1 minute ago, Sad Serenade said:

She will not be at the Met Gala

I'm not believing anyone until I don't see her there sorry. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey nice meeting you all! Huge Selena fan here. After years of reading y'all I finally made it here haha (had an old account but I never posted). Ready to defend my queen .

BTW WHERE'S THE MUSIC 

On 5/9/2024 at 11:46 AM, ShadeIena said:

Hey nice meeting you all! Huge Selena fan here. After years of reading y'all I finally made it here haha (had an old account but I never posted). Ready to defend my queen .

BTW WHERE'S THE MUSIC 

hey!! welcome. i hope we enjoy new music release with u here soon. 

3 hours ago, Selegend said:

hey!! welcome. i hope we enjoy new music release with u here soon. 

I think the fandom judged really badly Single Soon, the song did great on radio and social media, it has almost 200 M on Spotify and 50M on Youtube. I didn't love the song when it came out but now it's one of my current Selena jams. Love On on the other hand, was really good when it came out but after a third listen it became repetitive, boring and done before. It missed the special spark of a Selena song and that translated on every possible way, in this case, streams.

Hopefully the next song is a bop! that's what people want from her but a different bop.  Apparently Emilia Perez has a soundtrack so we might have a latin collab before the lead; or the Fred Again collab that most of Selena Stans are gonna end up hating since it's a festival song and not the traditional EDM structure that they are used to it

The reason why Love On connected even less with the public is because it showed no growth or clear artistic direction with her music. 

Calm Down and Revelación did nothing to her 'new' sound and people did not like any progression. Revival has some Stars Dance and Rare has some SD and Revival on it but Love On has no progression or influence of her past work.

Selena needs to incorporate this new sounds she has tried and make something interesting and new.  Deep House is what I need from Selena so badly but I would love her to see something different. The SG3 concept of being a disco album would've been cute in 2021 but now it's overdone and it's really clear that she is uninspired 

Love Song about Benny 

Bring my breakfast to my room

Rub my back take off my shoes 

Lay me down, press me down

Do the things you wanna do 

Forever and ever i'll be loving you

Forever and ever i'll get undressed for you

I want this s*** for life

Finally i got it right 

I'm getting used to you

I'm getting used to you

Boy i love being under you 

I'm getting used to you 

I'm getting used to you

Baby you understood the assignment

Our minds found perfect alignment

12 hours ago, ShadeIena said:

I think the fandom judged really badly Single Soon, the song did great on radio and social media, it has almost 200 M on Spotify and 50M on Youtube. I didn't love the song when it came out but now it's one of my current Selena jams. Love On on the other hand, was really good when it came out but after a third listen it became repetitive, boring and done before. It missed the special spark of a Selena song and that translated on every possible way, in this case, streams.

Hopefully the next song is a bop! that's what people want from her but a different bop.  Apparently Emilia Perez has a soundtrack so we might have a latin collab before the lead; or the Fred Again collab that most of Selena Stans are gonna end up hating since it's a festival song and not the traditional EDM structure that they are used to it

Single Soon's numbers could be better if it goes viral. She has a bunch of songs that have the potential to go viral on Tiktok and rebound, I'm surprised HTM or Bad Liar are not viral yet.

Also because Selenation is often busy on shits instead of be smart on her music.

8 hours ago, kzm said:

I know it's really crowded rn but what is she doing…… we need a sign of life for her music career.

She's filming OMITB + getting ready for Emilia Perez's debut on Cannes. I think new music only after those acting projects. Anyway it looks like she has several collabs to be released (Camilla Cabello, Sabrina Carpenter, maybe Karol G), so i think we will get a new music in June (probably Camila's feat).

Interscope's official account retwitted this with Camila's tracklist and Selena's on it

Single Soon has been at a mini-game in Fortnite for the last 3 months (And the version sounds slightly different). They added it originally as a dance move with the song but now they added it for the game

21 hours ago, ShadeIena said:

Single Soon has been at a mini-game in Fortnite for the last 3 months (And the version sounds slightly different). They added it originally as a dance move with the song but now they added it for the game

the semi-isolated vocals on "dress / shoes / mess / news" during the chorus, sounds so good omg should've been the official version (wouldn't change a thing commercially speaking but i LOVE it)

ohh how i miss slaylena being a popstar. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 7:29 PM, ShadeIena said:

this is 100% true. single soon aged like wine, i LOVE IT now. it gets me "i want you to know" vibes that it felt dated already on release but somehow it's so damn good and catchy that it aged well. 

single soon aged VERY well here. 

Couldn't agree more. LOVED Love On on release, didn't age well. Didn't love Single Soon on release, LOVE IT now. 

Edited by Selegend

i have some cute hopes for selena's career still in 2024-mid 2025. both musically (not smashing but keeping us entertained) and acting career & the "we love her again" status that may come with all of this together. 

but i will wait to comment as it goes. i'm feeling unlucky lately when it comes to her imo 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.