Normani

URBAN

2 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Everything has been so annoying recently I've excused myself from any type of opinion. But I doubt we're getting a CP music video (useless waste of budget to be honest) and I honestly don't see her wanting to do any type of promo anymore. What exactly is her management doing? Is there anything lined up?

It's embarrassing to look forward to a barbecue. 

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're getting if RCA has anything to do with it. I think she's waiting for the VMA's which is to me is a very bad idea as the VMA's are at the tail end of Summer and CP should've been released to radio say before now. To me she should just release it that's what happened for Sabrina. Espresso just blew up over night. CP is not a fall single at all. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

14 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're getting if RCA has anything to do with it. I think she's waiting for the VMA's which is to me is a very bad idea as the VMA's are at the tail end of Summer and CP should've been released to radio say before now. To me she should just release it that's what happened for Sabrina. Espresso just blew up over night. CP is not a fall single at all. 

It's definitely giving a VMA premiere, which is completely asinine if she wouldn't be scheduled to perform. She should be on the verge of complete recovery, but it would still be a risk. 

BOTH videos should already be out be the time the award show come around to give her something to talk about on the carpet. How dreadful it would be to ask her about the videos still not being out in September! 

• Like 1

No way she's going to wait fot the VMAs to drop the CP video.  First it was a visual album and now a VMA premiere?? I think it's time to accept that we may never get this video just like the fair one. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luizzz said:

No way she's going to wait fot the VMAs to drop the CP video.  First it was a visual album and now a VMA premiere?? I think it's time to accept that we may never get this video just like the fair one. 

But unlike Fair the CP me is shot and edited. I personally feel like if Lydia and co don't drop it then Normani should just stop being an artist and just act. It's no purpose of withholding a mv for song that's not even in the bb hot 100. Just release it; the only reason I think she hasn't is because I think she's trying to use it as a way for MTV to be interested in letting her perform but to me it seems half-baked. I'm getting a bit annoyed with whole smoke and mirrors thing. If she wants her music to do well why not self-promote? It's the same weird circle of events over and over again. It's very annoying. It's like she is doing everything to push us away and to make sure her music is never played or even popular. Like what? 

• Like 4

There was never any direct official public confirmation that a video for 1:59 was shot, but I feel like it's safe to say they shot a video for it too :rip:

Edited by stephen1108
  • Like 1

this Candy Paint (and possible 1:59) video is really starting to give "Put It In A Love Song" tease

Tiffany Pollard Eating GIF

...iykyk Snl Bag GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 2

I think some of you are giving Normani too much credit again. My opinion is the candy paint video isn't out because RCA doesn't want it to be lol.

I also think the next single should be All Yours because it was still getting positive updates like a week ago. Sorry to Candy Paint but Normani needs a hit now not 5 months from now. It usually takes a song a few months to peak on radio so if All Yours does well then it will still be gaining on radio in October. 

• Like 1

Look I am no industry folk but I feel like it doesn't take an idiot to realize that releasing the CP video would only help things? Like what lol

why would they be holding onto it?'legit there is sabotage 

28 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

Look I am no industry folk but I feel like it doesn't take an idiot to realize that releasing the CP video would only help things? Like what lol

why would they be holding onto it?'legit there is sabotage 

Help in what way? If they don't officially send the song to radio and make it a real single then the video is going to be for fans who will talk about it for 3 weeks the most and that's going to be it. Unless you're banking on Normani's choreo going viral. I mean that could happen because ppl tend to love Normani's dancing but that's also a risk since it might just only be watched by fans.

Now if they're going to send candy paint to radio then a video makes sense and should be released.

i was all for them playing the long game, but they're not playing any game at all, it really feels like we snatched normani's CD from her hands and uploaded it to streaming ourselves  :deadbanana4:

listen, i've accepted the state of her situation, there's nothing we can do about label politics. however her showing 0 interest in her career/her own music is only going to drive fans away from tuning into N2 if they think it's just going to be a bore fest :dancehall:

as a day 1 harmo i'll always be here but girl please, i am starving for literally anything from you :gaycat6:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, remming said:

Help in what way? If they don't officially send the song to radio and make it a real single then the video is going to be for fans who will talk about it for 3 weeks the most and that's going to be it. Unless you're banking on Normani's choreo going viral. I mean that could happen because ppl tend to love Normani's dancing but that's also a risk since it might just only be watched by fans.

Now if they're going to send candy paint to radio then a video makes sense and should be released.

This is so silly imo. There's nothing more to lose by uploading the video. Money and time have already been spent. The "risk" of premiering with "low" views is a stan twitter concern 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2ne1k said:

This is so silly imo. There's nothing more to lose by uploading the video. Money and time have already been spent. The "risk" of premiering with "low" views is a stan twitter concern 

It's not a stan Twitter opinion at all. I don't care about the views on the video at all. Do you know they are filming entire movies and scrapping them now because they know it won't make any sense to release them? There's absolutely no point to releasing videos for promo singles. Most singles that have videos are official radio singles and it's been that way forever. To me it makes no sense to release the video unless they're going to make it a single.

Fair had a video and that was scrapped because the song flopped.

I just think that if that's the case and she really thinks CP is single worthy then ask DK for an investment. I'm sure he has some money to spare. Send it to Pop as a last ditch effort and keep it moving. CP is a summer song so I don't understand why they are waiting. Like I don't get it. I truly do believe Lydia is a good manager it's just Normani sometimes doesn't understand is the world waits for no one. You get only a few chances to prove yourself. She's excelled at the few she's been given but doesn't understand that your only as memorable as your last hit her last even remotely remembered song was DWAS. She should be eager to get her ass out there and try to make things happen. Prove it to us that she's willing to step out her comfort zone and make this album worth cycle worth the wait. 

i think the candy paint mv will definitely be out before this month ends… if not… chile let's continue streaming and imagining a visual 🫠

Edited by NormaniQueen
  • Haha 1

like ain't no way this was the initial plan 1 MONTH IN the post-album rollout 😭

10 minutes ago, NormaniQueen said:

like ain't no way this was the initial plan 1 MONTH IN the post-album rollout 😭

WheresjAy's reaction to the promo the week before was a red flag. I'm pretty sure RCA has our girl owing them around upwards of 2.5-3million based off the numerous recording sessions and the scrapped mvs. They need her to self-promote in order for them to grant her any more budget. 

all of the videos are cancelled. visual album is cancelled. DOPAMINE era is now over.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, remming said:

Finally visuals :heart2:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

all of the videos are cancelled. visual album is cancelled. DOPAMINE era is now over.

This visual album really tears the **** out of me every time! It's the idea the RCA would approve a visual film or short film, but axe album promotion, 2 music videos and a tour.

Like, where is the logic, because if you were holding onto 12 music videos when the album debuted at 90 and fell off after six days, wouldn't it make sense to release the video you've already teased 🤣💀

do y'all think mani is touring this year or early next year?

4 hours ago, nooniebao said:

WHOEVER IS HOLDING HER TIKTOK PASSWORD RANSOM, GIVE IT BACK PLEASE I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT

18 hours ago, shelven said:

WHOEVER IS HOLDING HER TIKTOK PASSWORD RANSOM, GIVE IT BACK PLEASE I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT

She's on TT more than we think. I'll be scrolling on my FYP and see her reposting videos and commenting. She's just weird about her own damn content. Remember when she scrapped her Streets video? It's probably the same case for a lot of things. I just know her drafts are stacked with videos.

2 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

She's on TT more than we think. I'll be scrolling on my FYP and see her reposting videos and commenting. She's just weird about her own damn content. Remember when she scrapped her Streets video? It's probably the same case for a lot of things. I just know her drafts are stacked with videos.

Yeah but this latest trend of hers of posting videos on Instagram but not TikTok makes zero sense because she's clearly fine with the video if she's comfortable posting it on Instagram. Like why not just hit post a second time while you're already posting it :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.