Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Julio said:

black hair and outfit by selva (?) 

Looks more like an outtake from the premiere day shoot than the album cover. 

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just got out of Joker, and this really is the Artpop of her film career :rip: I still can't tell if I liked it more than disliked it :rip:

 

I'll post more of a real review once I've had time to fully form my thoughts. It's nowhere near as bad as people are saying and I think that once the dust settles and we get some time away from now, it will have a bit of a reevaluation. It set out to completely troll people's expectations of what a sequel to the first film "should" be and I think it's clear a lot of people genuinely don't know what to make of it. It's still a misfire (a really fascinating and kinda cerebral one that's for the books though).

 

Gaga's legitimately strong with what she gets and has some seriously compelling and excellent moments when she gets to flat out act. HoG still has her best performance. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

2 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

Looks more like an outtake from the premiere day shoot than the album cover. 

 

omg speaking of. we need white album cover with black accents 

Grace saying Gaga's career took a hit while saying Joaquin is fine because he made millions from this movie :bibliahh: Does she know that Gaga is almost a billionaire? :bibliahh:

But I do agree that Lee was destroyed by Todd and I think this will be seen as one of the biggest mistakes in popular culture because Lady Freaking Gaga as Harley Quinn would have been THE character study of all time. Nevertheless, I don't think this will affect her acting career much, Hollywood and critics love her and she still has the pull factor (if it isn't for the liddos, who else is watching this movie because all the incels are hating it :skull:), and incels acting like incels on her instagram comments will not change anything. 

 

:khalyan2: 

2 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Grace saying Gaga's career took a hit while saying Joaquin is fine because he made millions from this movie :bibliahh: Does she know that Gaga is almost a billionaire? :bibliahh:

But I do agree that Lee was destroyed by Todd and I think this will be seen as one of the biggest mistakes in popular culture because Lady Freaking Gaga as Harley Quinn would have been THE character study of all time. Nevertheless, I don't think this will affect her acting career much, Hollywood and critics love her and she still has the pull factor (if it isn't for the liddos, who else is watching this movie because all the incels are hating it :skull:), and incels acting like incels on her instagram comments will not change anything. 

 

:khalyan2: 

That's what we've been saying, it only matters if the actor gives a bad performance that contributes to said floppage, which is not what happened here at all.  The movie would have done much worse if she and most of the cast were never involved, Todd was lucky he was able to bag so many talented people  :toofunny2:

6 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

 Lee was destroyed by Todd and I think this will be seen as one of the biggest mistakes in popular culture because Lady Freaking Gaga as Harley Quinn would have been THE character study of all time. 

Right? You have Lady Gaga and she plays as Harleen Quinzel, how can someone **** up BIG TIME?  I can't wrap my head around it

13 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Grace saying Gaga's career took a hit while saying Joaquin is fine because he made millions from this movie :bibliahh: Does she know that Gaga is almost a billionaire? :bibliahh:

But I do agree that Lee was destroyed by Todd and I think this will be seen as one of the biggest mistakes in popular culture because Lady Freaking Gaga as Harley Quinn would have been THE character study of all time. Nevertheless, I don't think this will affect her acting career much, Hollywood and critics love her and she still has the pull factor (if it isn't for the liddos, who else is watching this movie because all the incels are hating it :skull:), and incels acting like incels on her instagram comments will not change anything. 

 

:khalyan2: 

Right the untapped potential hurts just to think about it. This could've been a highlight in her career.

We have to keep it moving and hope Gaga partners up with a more talented director next time.

The silver lining in all of this is hopefully Gaga can focus on her strengths and expand on what made her the star that she is, be it in music or in film.

 

For some reason, I always had an inkling that Joker 2 was never going to work given the demographic that watched the previous film. 

5 minutes ago, Archetype said:

That's what we've been saying, it only matters if the actor gives a bad performance that contributes to said floppage, which is not what happened here at all.  The movie would have done much worse if she and most of the cast were never involved, Todd was lucky he was able to bag so many talented people  :toofunny2:

 

3 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

Right? You have Lady Gaga and she plays as Harleen Quinzel, how can someone **** up BIG TIME?  I can't wrap my head around it

I think the first script (or idea) and the paycheck was good enough to book Gaga and the first edit of the movie (the 150 min long version where some people said it was too focused on Lee) was good but the edits afterward f*cked it up. This movie had SO MUCH potential and sadly it did not live up to anything and this is on Todd and Joaquin.

 

However, I do not see Gaga as a victim here. Yes, her character was ruined because of other people but she is not gonna lose any future opportunities because of this film. People still love her, even to say that (e.g., Variety) she is still an Oscar contender. And I am sure she already bagged another role before this movie came out because she and her team knew that this was gonna flop. This also explains why we are getting LG7 so close to the movie, she was ready to move on from the movie months ago.

19 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Grace saying Gaga's career took a hit while saying Joaquin is fine because he made millions from this movie :bibliahh: Does she know that Gaga is almost a billionaire? :bibliahh:

But I do agree that Lee was destroyed by Todd and I think this will be seen as one of the biggest mistakes in popular culture because Lady Freaking Gaga as Harley Quinn would have been THE character study of all time. Nevertheless, I don't think this will affect her acting career much, Hollywood and critics love her and she still has the pull factor (if it isn't for the liddos, who else is watching this movie because all the incels are hating it :skull:), and incels acting like incels on her instagram comments will not change anything. 

 

:khalyan2: 

The fact that she thinks Joaquin is somehow fine and dandy after the multiple big hits he's taken in the last 2 years or so is total f*cking worms already. She literally makes no sense half the time.

 

:khalyan2:

45 minutes ago, Julio said:

alleged LG7 leak by hedi slimane on that site... d…e :biblio:

cant find it 

1 minute ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

The fact that she thinks Joaquin is somehow fine and dandy after the multiple big hits he's taken in the last 2 years or so is total f*cking worms already. She literally makes no sense half the time.

 

:khalyan2:

That's an internal misogyny coming from her. Imagine saying Gaga's career took a hit while Joaquin is fine when he's getting a lot of bad press. 

13 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Right the untapped potential hurts just to think about it. This could've been a highlight in her career.

We have to keep it moving and hope Gaga partners up with a more talented director next time.

I think what made ASIB work was that Bradley had so much to prove as a director and he knew the importance of Gaga and her character and didn't let his ego get in the way. The problem with HOG and FAD is that they cut Gaga's scenes in the editing room so much so that it ruined the entire movie. We need someone who understands female characters and how to portray them. For example, I would love to see her in movies like Mommy (Xavier Dolan, 2014), Memories of Matsuko (Tetsuya Nakashima, 2006), Dogville (Lars von Trier, 2003), Only Lovers Left Alive (Jim Jarmusch, 2013), or even mini-series like I May Destroy You (Michaela Coel, 2020). I think Michaela Coel and Gaga would be an amazing team. 

Edited by jesus del rey

6 minutes ago, Andraslop said:

Well well well :coffee:

 

We need that girl on TikTok who reads lips to solve this mystery 

 

:khalyan:

I do really hope Gaga gets some acknowledgement during awards season. I know many probably just want to move on and not talk about it anymore but her performance does deserve it and it should really be seen separately 

how would y'all feel about a solo Lee movie somewhere down the line a la Birds of Prey?

 

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

how would y'all feel about a solo Lee movie somewhere down the line a la Birds of Prey?

 

i want it. i want to see tabs on my imax screen, i will buy more tickets than i bought for asib 

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

how would y'all feel about a solo Lee movie somewhere down the line a la Birds of Prey?

 

If it's with other female co-leads with a female director and female screenwriters then yes, I do not want any men near Gaga 

 

:khalyan2:

3 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

how would y'all feel about a solo Lee movie somewhere down the line a la Birds of Prey?

 

As long as it will be directed by a good female director. 

3 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

how would y'all feel about a solo Lee movie somewhere down the line a la Birds of Prey?

 

This is 100% never ever happening lol

 

It's best to let JFAD go tbh. It's not going to get any Oscar nominations. At best a Comedy/Musical Actress Golden Globe nomination. Both soundtracks bombed. It's unfortunate but everyone has a panned flop from time to time.

  • Author
  • Popular Post

Radio callouts

#28(+8) DWAS

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.