Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

Is there an Original Song for the movie???

I think something played in the credits that I didn't recognize but it could've been one of those dusty old songs that I didn't know :celestial5:

 

2 minutes ago, attention said:

can you give a ranking of her movies so far (asib, hog, joker: fad)  :coffee: @WildAmerican

ASIB > JFAD > HOG

 

Ohhhhh thank you Bradley!

2 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Would you agree that she was "underutilised" as the reviews said, or did you think her part in the film was what it needed to be? I saw a few reviews/tweets say she didn't have much character development as well, did you think that was the case?

 

Also, there's been a photo about a song called Folie a Deux she wrote and performed, did you pick up on that being true, maybe in the credits if not the movie or is that sounding like fanfic?

Without getting into spoilers, she has a small, abbreviated arc that primarily serves what Arthur goes through in the movie. AKA, this movie does NOT pass the Bechdel test.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Literally HoG 2.0 it seems in terms of Gaga vs. everything else and the reviews reflect that.

 

:rip: 

How many HoGs do we have to suffer through

 

RXigIyf.gif?ex=66d980da&is=66d82f5a&hm=4

10 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

OK, so let me explain! I'm sort of struggling with it, because it's quite good as a piece of filmmaking (in terms of crafts, acting, visuals etc.), but the script leaves a lot to be desired. The plot is VERY basic and kind of uninteresting and often doesn't justify its own existence. Gaga is SUPPORTING ACTRESS down. Lee doesn't exist without Arthur in this movie. The musical sequences are GREAT and Gaga is really at her best there. I can't wait to discuss some of them with y'all!

 

There are A LOT of courtroom scenes and they are all well acted, well shot etc. Overall though, the pacing isn't great and the movie lacks a strong narrative driving force. I am quite worried about its commercial prospects, so it's time to have THAT conversation, unfortunately. It's really hard to see who this movie is for, tbh, and I think a lot of fans and casual movie goers will be quite jarred by it.

 

I do come down around a 6 or a 7 bc despite my issues, this is a really well made film, full of great performances, crafts, etc. The script and flow are where I have issues. I am very skeptical about awards contention here, so we can maybe limit our expectations.

 

Overall, Gaga did so WELL and I'm so proud to be a fan of hers! 

 

Let me know if y'all have any questions, I won't give spoilers, but can answer vague things :boat:

 

Grace Randolph said there would be a scene/story component that would be highly controversial. Did something like that make it onto the film?

 

Spoiler

Part of me thinks is Lee allegedly representing Joker's incel fans ddddd

 

I think we still got a chance for "Best Villain" and "Best Kiss" :duca:

 

spacer.png

 

 

Spoiler

:ryan3:

 

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Without getting into spoilers, she has a small, abbreviated arc that primarily serves what Arthur goes through in the movie. AKA, this movie does NOT pass the Bechdel test.

RXigIyf.gif?ex=66d980da&is=66d82f5a&hm=4RXigIyf.gif?ex=66d980da&is=66d82f5a&hm=4RXigIyf.gif?ex=66d980da&is=66d82f5a&hm=4

She just leave the WB cocktail after party. Also wearing black, I think it's the same she wore for the screening after she walked the carpet and a coat/jacket. 

4 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Do you feel Warner Bros and Gaga have enough to work with for a play at a Best Support Actress nom? @WildAmerican :bird:

It's about the campaign, not as much the amount of time she's in it since some BSA nominees have been in their film for just a few minutes and serve cameo (if this is what you're referring to)

4 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Do you feel Warner Bros and Gaga have enough to work with for a play at a Best Support Actress nom? @WildAmerican :bird:

yes, but only supporting! but even then I think it's a super small chance.

 

2 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

Thank you for your review! I just wanna know if the "Folie à deux" song, with the screenshot on twitter, is real. Or is it all covers? Also, is the singing good? I heard some people said that they might sing off key on purpose, and I'm worried :monkey:

I think it was all covers, but like I said earlier, something played over the credits that might've been new but I honestly still don't know. Singing is really good from both. There's one part where GAGA is singing not Lee I kinda chuckled at that lol

2 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

Can she win Best Supporting Actress Oscar??

no

The way this random gif is probably (?) from Eastenders but being spammed in this thread….

 

spacer.png

 

i love the internet

 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

yes, but only supporting! but even then I think it's a super small chance.

 

 

no

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Well it's over

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

6 minutes ago, Aden said:

Grace Randolph said there would be a scene/story component that would be highly controversial. Did something like that make it onto the film?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Part of me thinks is Lee allegedly representing Joker's incel fans ddddd

 

kind of. hard to explain without giving too much away. 

 

20 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

OK, so let me explain! I'm sort of struggling with it, because it's quite good as a piece of filmmaking (in terms of crafts, acting, visuals etc.), but the script leaves a lot to be desired. The plot is VERY basic and kind of uninteresting and often doesn't justify its own existence. Gaga is SUPPORTING ACTRESS down. Lee doesn't exist without Arthur in this movie. The musical sequences are GREAT and Gaga is really at her best there. I can't wait to discuss some of them with y'all!

 

There are A LOT of courtroom scenes and they are all well acted, well shot etc. Overall though, the pacing isn't great and the movie lacks a strong narrative driving force. I am quite worried about its commercial prospects, so it's time to have THAT conversation, unfortunately. It's really hard to see who this movie is for, tbh, and I think a lot of fans and casual movie goers will be quite jarred by it.

 

I do come down around a 6 or a 7 bc despite my issues, this is a really well made film, full of great performances, crafts, etc. The script and flow are where I have issues. I am very skeptical about awards contention here, so we can maybe limit our expectations.

 

Overall, Gaga did so WELL and I'm so proud to be a fan of hers! 

 

Let me know if y'all have any questions, I won't give spoilers, but can answer vague things :boat:

 

So you're an OGH?

 

:ryan3:

The actress leading the predictions to win supporting actress has been in the lead and predicted to win for like months :rip: 

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

kind of. hard to explain without giving too much away. 

 

also, there was a rumor that Cell Block Tango was performed by Gaga in the movie. I wish it was true but I can't see it fitting the vibes. 

 

THIS SCENE WAS CUT?????? I AM FLYING TO VENICE AS WE SPEAK WITH A *** IN MY HAND.

 

5 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

 

no

So she cant win Best Actress but nomination? 

People saying she's amazing for what it is. 

And critics never really represented the actual movie industry let alone american film industry and their award shows. 

 

Europian movie critics live in their own complex thinking they're better than everyone else. 

 

They barely made Kristen happen for 2021/2022 season and they had to fight for it on twitter and it.

I do think her and Joaquin could get Globe + SAG noms, maybe BAFTA noms since they like her. That will almost make the inevitable Oscar snub hurt more tho :suburban:

7 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

 

no

Just spit on Joanne's grave @WildAmerican

 

RXigIyf.gif?ex=66d980da&is=66d82f5a&hm=4

1 minute ago, Sannie said:

 

THIS SCENE WAS CUT?????? I AM FLYING TO VENICE AS WE SPEAK WITH A *** IN MY HAND.

 

Noooo WAYY :biblionny:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.