Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I'm probably gonna be dragged to hell and back for this because I know some of y'all really don't like her (though I don't understand why, but I digress), but it's something I've been thinking about for some time now and it's kinda concerning to me.

 

I feel like Gaga's career has kinda mimicked the general run of Britney's career, which isn't a bad thing by any means until you consider what came next for Britney after where Gaga is now on her timeline.

 

 

Unspeakably Successful Debut Album
…Baby One More Time — The Fame 

Massively Successful Second Album
Oops!…I Did It Again (2 Years Into Career) — The Fame Monster (1 Year Into Career)

Largely Successful Third Album, But a Step Down From Previous Two
Britney (3 Years Into Career) — Born This Way (3 Years Into Career)

Successful Fourth Album, But Underperformance For Their Previous Standard
In the Zone (5 Years Into Career) — ARTPOP (5 Years Into Career)

Side Project That Was Successful For What It Was
My Prerogative (6 Years Into Career) — Cheek to Cheek (6 Years Into Career)

Commercial Low Point (Up to This Point)
Blackout (9 Years Into Career) — Joanne (8 Years Into Career)

Commercial Comeback
Circus (10 Years Into Career) — A Star Is Born (10 Years Into Career)

Successful Post-Comeback Album, But Didn't Keep Up Same Level of Success as Comeback
Femme Fatale (13 Years Into Career) — Chromatica (12 Years Into Career)

Post-Post-Comeback Album Soundtrack Single
Ooh La La (15 Years Into Career) — Hold My Hand (14 Years Into Career)

 

I know there are many differences between the two — for example, Gaga is far more respected by the GP and the industry as a whole than Britney ever was, she's accomplished more across different genres and fields of the arts and entertainment than Britney has, and she thankfully hasn't had to suffer the abuse that Britney did — and I'm not saying their success era-by-era or overall is comparable necessarily, but their general timelines are surprisingly comparable in my opinion, which leaves me to worry...is our Britney Jean coming next? :psyduck: (In terms of success, not quality — I highly doubt Gaga would ever have someone else sing her own record like Britney Jean. :rip:)

 

Part of me says no because looking at where Britney was in 2013 when she released Ooh La La compared to where Gaga is now when she released Hold My Hand, Britney was about to head to Vegas while Gaga is embarking on a WW stadium tour, but...still. It kinda concerns me, not gonna lie. :emofish:

 

And FYI I'm posting this in here because if I make a thread about it, the OGH will just spam it with BS and I actually want a conversation. :gaycat6:

Just now, HausOfPunk said:

RPReplay-Final1633028320.thumb.gif.62126

We need an IN, starting with an INclusion in TTH this Friday.

 

RPReplay-Final1633028320.thumb.gif.62126

14 minutes ago, Artur said:

We're gonna keep doing what we did so far, ignoring the song and its chart performance

 

Father-mike-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.6a08b783

 

I actually streamed it 9 times today so don't come for me

That's what we're best at, bestie. 

 

princess-daisy-mario.thumb.gif.181b99d7ac7d690513e2e908630696ed.gif

How i would have planned the BTW era:

1. Born This Way - #1

2. The Edge of Glory - #1 with high budget video ready

3. Judas - top 5 with better timing 

4. Hair - top 10 with VMA performance 

5. Sheisse - top 20

2 minutes ago, MadMax12 said:

How i would have planned the BTW era:

1. Born This Way - #1

2. The Edge of Glory - #1 with high budget video ready

3. Judas - top 5 with better timing 

4. Hair - top 10 with VMA performance 

5. Sheisse - top 20

How i would have planned the BTW era:

1. Born This Way - #1

2. The Edge of Glory - #1 with high budget Joseph Kann video

3. Marry The night - top 5 with better timing 

4. Bloody Mary - top 10 with VMA performance, Halloween CLASSIC

5. Judas - top 20

I’m still mad she abandoned Chromatica after ROM went number 1 like who would do that except her 

1 hour ago, Pop Art said:

I'm probably gonna be dragged to hell and back for this because I know some of y'all really don't like her (though I don't understand why, but I digress), but it's something I've been thinking about for some time now and it's kinda concerning to me.

 

I feel like Gaga's career has kinda mimicked the general run of Britney's career, which isn't a bad thing by any means until you consider what came next for Britney after where Gaga is now on her timeline.

 

  Hide contents

Unspeakably Successful Debut Album
…Baby One More Time — The Fame 

Massively Successful Second Album
Oops!…I Did It Again (2 Years Into Career) — The Fame Monster (1 Year Into Career)

Largely Successful Third Album, But a Step Down From Previous Two
Britney (3 Years Into Career) — Born This Way (3 Years Into Career)

Successful Fourth Album, But Underperformance For Their Previous Standard
In the Zone (5 Years Into Career) — ARTPOP (5 Years Into Career)

Side Project That Was Successful For What It Was
My Prerogative (6 Years Into Career) — Cheek to Cheek (6 Years Into Career)

Commercial Low Point (Up to This Point)
Blackout (9 Years Into Career) — Joanne (8 Years Into Career)

Commercial Comeback
Circus (10 Years Into Career) — A Star Is Born (10 Years Into Career)

Successful Post-Comeback Album, But Didn't Keep Up Same Level of Success as Comeback
Femme Fatale (13 Years Into Career) — Chromatica (12 Years Into Career)

Post-Post-Comeback Album Soundtrack Single
Ooh La La (15 Years Into Career) — Hold My Hand (14 Years Into Career)

 

I know there are many differences between the two — for example, Gaga is far more respected by the GP and the industry as a whole than Britney ever was, she's accomplished more across different genres and fields of the arts and entertainment than Britney has, and she thankfully hasn't had to suffer the abuse that Britney did — and I'm not saying their success era-by-era or overall is comparable necessarily, but their general timelines are surprisingly comparable in my opinion, which leaves me to worry...is our Britney Jean coming next? :psyduck: (In terms of success, not quality — I highly doubt Gaga would ever have someone else sing her own record like Britney Jean. :rip:)

 

Part of me says no because looking at where Britney was in 2013 when she released Ooh La La compared to where Gaga is now when she released Hold My Hand, Britney was about to head to Vegas while Gaga is embarking on a WW stadium tour, but...still. It kinda concerns me, not gonna lie. :emofish:

 

And FYI I'm posting this in here because if I make a thread about it, the OGH will just spam it with BS and I actually want a conversation. :gaycat6:

I think it entirely depends on what Gaga does next, but it's also kinda impossible to predict what Gar will do for LG7. Even though she'll forever be a pop artist at her core, it feels like it's time for her to explore other ideas and genres. Contrawise, I genuinely can't see her transitioning into a full-time AC fodder act ala Pink. Yeah she's gotten older since The Fame and she'll probably settle down at some point in the near future, but that doesn't mean you automatically give up any artistic dreams you had and never want to challenge yourself again (and we know how much she likes to play with the expectations places on her). And considering just how much she's viewed as someone who challenged norms throughout her career, what would be unmarketable for many other artists could be sold as organic progressions for Gaga. She's basically at a point where she can kinda do whatever she wants and still have some initial GP interest. We can only guess how she'll respond to that. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

3 hours ago, Artur said:

KISS LA just added HMH :jonny2:

 

2 hours ago, hausofbryan said:

Yessss at KIIS LA and WKTU NYC adding it, huge :jonny: Just in time! 

:jonny5:

 

I could be wrong here but I'm hopeful these radio stations who usually snub her play her this time around because a lot of these programmers would prob be fans of the original and must be looking forward to Maverick. So hopefully after watching it in the next couple of days/weeks, they are encouraged to start spinning her. It would make sense for airplay to significantly increase after Friday. Exciting times!

Hello Little Fighter Pilots I just got back from an early showing of Top Gun: Gaga and ahhh it was actually really good :jonny5: 

 

Spoilers for when the song is used:

So they use the instrumental a lot throughout the movie, basically 10 minutes in you can hear it if you are paying attention. We first hear Gaga during a scene where Tom is with his love interest in a bar. You hear Gaga's vocals playing softly in the background as if it's playing through the jukebox in the bar. then we get 1 or 2 scenes more where just parts of the instrumental is played. At the end is where we really hear Gaga and the explosive track. I was so shook at how massive it sounded :jonny5: I really need that version on streaming ASAP
 

 

I read how people wouldn't know it was Gaga singing but my dad's first question once we left was if that was Gaga singing at the end, so I don't think the GP will have much trouble figuring out it's her. Also the fact that in the beginning of the film they have a few credits and her name is center stage next to Hanz :jonny5: 

2 hours ago, Pop Art said:

I'm probably gonna be dragged to hell and back for this because I know some of y'all really don't like her (though I don't understand why, but I digress), but it's something I've been thinking about for some time now and it's kinda concerning to me.

 

I feel like Gaga's career has kinda mimicked the general run of Britney's career, which isn't a bad thing by any means until you consider what came next for Britney after where Gaga is now on her timeline.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Unspeakably Successful Debut Album
…Baby One More Time — The Fame 

Massively Successful Second Album
Oops!…I Did It Again (2 Years Into Career) — The Fame Monster (1 Year Into Career)

Largely Successful Third Album, But a Step Down From Previous Two
Britney (3 Years Into Career) — Born This Way (3 Years Into Career)

Successful Fourth Album, But Underperformance For Their Previous Standard
In the Zone (5 Years Into Career) — ARTPOP (5 Years Into Career)

Side Project That Was Successful For What It Was
My Prerogative (6 Years Into Career) — Cheek to Cheek (6 Years Into Career)

Commercial Low Point (Up to This Point)
Blackout (9 Years Into Career) — Joanne (8 Years Into Career)

Commercial Comeback
Circus (10 Years Into Career) — A Star Is Born (10 Years Into Career)

Successful Post-Comeback Album, But Didn't Keep Up Same Level of Success as Comeback
Femme Fatale (13 Years Into Career) — Chromatica (12 Years Into Career)

Post-Post-Comeback Album Soundtrack Single
Ooh La La (15 Years Into Career) — Hold My Hand (14 Years Into Career)

 

I know there are many differences between the two — for example, Gaga is far more respected by the GP and the industry as a whole than Britney ever was, she's accomplished more across different genres and fields of the arts and entertainment than Britney has, and she thankfully hasn't had to suffer the abuse that Britney did — and I'm not saying their success era-by-era or overall is comparable necessarily, but their general timelines are surprisingly comparable in my opinion, which leaves me to worry...is our Britney Jean coming next? :psyduck: (In terms of success, not quality — I highly doubt Gaga would ever have someone else sing her own record like Britney Jean. :rip:)

 

Part of me says no because looking at where Britney was in 2013 when she released Ooh La La compared to where Gaga is now when she released Hold My Hand, Britney was about to head to Vegas while Gaga is embarking on a WW stadium tour, but...still. It kinda concerns me, not gonna lie. :emofish:

 

And FYI I'm posting this in here because if I make a thread about it, the OGH will just spam it with BS and I actually want a conversation. :gaycat6:

I see your point, but I think there are some major difference s.

 

Gaga have movies to fall back, successful tours and above all she can perform. 

 

One single huge movie can re-ignite interest in her music as well, also she can book any stage she wants (Eurovision, Grammy, Oscars, World Cup, Olympics). Like she can get any platform she wants for promo, Britney wouldn't trusted with performances outside Billboard and MTV awards.

 

The re-branding she did really paid off for her long term, and she will never suffer the fate of standard pop girl like Katy, Britney. The fact biggest movie franchise MCU is literally trying to get her should alone be indication that she had craved her own lane unlike anyone before her.

23 minutes ago, Desire said:

Hello Little Fighter Pilots I just got back from an early showing of Top Gun: Gaga and ahhh it was actually really good :jonny5: 

 

Spoilers for when the song is used:

 

  Hide contents

So they use the instrumental a lot throughout the movie, basically 10 minutes in you can hear it if you are paying attention. We first hear Gaga during a scene where Tom is with his love interest in a bar. You hear Gaga's vocals playing softly in the background as if it's playing through the jukebox in the bar. then we get 1 or 2 scenes more where just parts of the instrumental is played. At the end is where we really hear Gaga and the explosive track. I was so shook at how massive it sounded :jonny5: I really need that version on streaming ASAP

 

 

I read how people wouldn't know it was Gaga singing but my dad's first question once we left was if that was Gaga singing at the end, so I don't think the GP will have much trouble figuring out it's her. Also the fact that in the beginning of the film they have a few credits and her name is center stage next to Hanz :jonny5: 

Which city did you watch in?

Total adds week ending: 05/24/2022

 

Pop: 19 (4th most added)

AC: 5 (4th most added)

HAC: 2 (9th most added)

 

5SGEU6Q.gif

 

1 minute ago, Monster Megamind said:

Which city did you watch in?

Nnnnn I'll just say my state: CT :skull: I think most of the US had early fan screenings today. The gave away posters and pins with every ticket 

They NEED to release the film version of the song!

1 minute ago, Desire said:

Nnnnn I'll just say my state: CT :skull: I think most of the US had early fan screenings today. The gave away posters and pins with every ticket 

Wow. I'm watching on Thursday 

7 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

 

 

 

 

@Artur

 

princess-daisy-mario.thumb.gif.181b99d7a

Segure a minha mão, vai ficar tudo bem. Os céus me contaram que as nuvens têm estado cinzas.

 

princess-daisy-mario.thumb.gif.181b99d7a

2 hours ago, MadMax12 said:

I’m still mad she abandoned Chromatica after ROM went number 1 like who would do that except her 

Ariana, she abandoned TUN era one day after the album and BUWYG vid dropped

2 hours ago, Link16 said:

How i would have planned the BTW era:

1. Born This Way - #1

2. The Edge of Glory - #1 with high budget Joseph Kann video

3. Marry The night - top 5 with better timing 

4. Bloody Mary - top 10 with VMA performance, Halloween CLASSIC

5. Judas - top 20

This. Perfect Era. :alexz:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.