• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

you are doing way too much on these women whose albums will all perform better than LG7 except maybe Dua

IMG_0112.thumb.gif.619f56d41d14044d5e615

1 hour ago, Summer Boy said:

we'll see about Cowboy Carter, the album is frontloaded as hell. But yeah, no way she's doing better than Ariana. 

edit : oh, they were talking about Taylor :rip: yeah, no way she's beating her. 

I mean yeah.

Eternal Sunshine did incredible, holding very well. I'd absolutely love if LG7 gets longevity of that sort, since that's what been lacking in Gaga's latest releases is longevity, I think she can beat Ari's first week.

Cowboy Carter is doing even worse than Chromatica in the longevity department though, at least so far, it's been tragique, it's second single is about to fall off spotify 200 and it seems like absolutely nothing sticked other than Texas. It's interesting because 16 carriages (which I loved) falling off the face of the earth in like 2 seconds made this a possibility in my mind that Texas was a fluke.  Beyoncé is obviously a huge name in U.S.A. and had a massive first week (also helped by the fact that she played the streaming game with an insane length of 27 tracks) but in the long run that's not what impacts the GP. 

Billie I think will smash both first week and longevity, I'm sure she's coming out with quality as per usual. Dua's album release is shaping up to be a non-event, a string of underwhelming singles that are basically only being kept afloat by the major playlisting and radio push she's always given is a worrying sign, especially for an artist whose success is mostly derived off her singles, and then her album is like 30 minutes long so there won't be a lot to be excited about for that drop. 

Obviously, Taylor will dominate and outdo everyone (male or female). 

So, all in all, I would be very much satisfied with a first week that is a bit bigger than Ari's and has similar (realistically less, but not much less) longevity. I think if the quality and dedication to her craft is there, it's definitely possible. It would be that much more impressive coming from someone like Gaga who is also a major player in the acting industry (co-leading what is shaping up to be THE film of the year). It could be the year that cements her as a legend even to the naysayers (J:FAD alone might do that, though; music would be the cherry on top). 

So above Dua (debut and longevity-wise) and Beyoncé (longevity-wise) and close below Ari/Billie (overall) would be my optimistic but still not that unrealistic prediction. Let's see! 

Anyway sorry for the rant nn 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Nicola is so hot and he always does something great with Gaga. I hope they keep working together. Gaga fire Ratchy and hire Nicola as your creative director challenge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I mean yeah.

Eternal Sunshine did incredible, holding very well. I'd absolutely love if LG7 gets longevity of that sort, since that's what been lacking in Gaga's latest releases is longevity, I think she can beat Ari's first week.

Cowboy Carter is doing even worse than Chromatica in the longevity department though, at least so far, it's been tragique, it's second single is about to fall off spotify 200 and it seems like absolutely nothing sticked other than Texas. It's interesting because 16 carriages (which I loved) falling off the face of the earth in like 2 seconds made this a possibility in my mind that Texas was a fluke.  Beyoncé is obviously a huge name in U.S.A. and had a massive first week (also helped by the fact that she played the streaming game with an insane length of 27 tracks) but in the long run that's not what impacts the GP. 

Billie I think will smash both first week and longevity, I'm sure she's coming out with quality as per usual. Dua's album release is shaping up to be a non-event, a string of underwhelming singles that are basically only being kept afloat by the major playlisting and radio push she's always given is a worrying sign, especially for an artist whose success is mostly derived off her singles, and then her album is like 30 minutes long so there won't be a lot to be excited about for that drop. 

Obviously, Taylor will dominate and outdo everyone (male or female). 

So, all in all, I would be very much satisfied with a first week that is a bit bigger than Ari's and has similar (realistically less, but not much less) longevity. I think if the quality and dedication to her craft is there, it's definitely possible. It would be that much more impressive coming from someone like Gaga who is also a major player in the acting industry (co-leading what is shaping up to be THE film of the year). It could be the year that cements her as a legend even to the naysayers (J:FAD alone might do that, though; music would be the cherry on top). 

So above Dua (debut and longevity-wise) and Beyoncé (longevity-wise) and close below Ari/Billie (overall) would be my optimistic but still not that unrealistic prediction. Let's see! 

Anyway sorry for the rant nn 

Oh and our arch-nemesis Katy, the less talented of the bunch, will tank, of course. 

:ryan3:

That Brazilian account LadyGagaSource who spilled on J:FAD spoilers got suspended. That's how we know they're real. I liked how they sounded, so I'm (even more) perched. :jonnycat:

I've watched dozens of reactions to the trailer by now and have yet to come across a negative comment about either the trailer or Ms. Gaga :clownny: In fact it's praise after praise after praise. 

:gaygacat4:

8 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

That Brazilian account LadyGagaSource who spilled on J:FAD spoilers got suspended. That's how we know they're real. I liked how they sounded, so I'm (even more) perched. :jonnycat:

was it the one 

Spoiler

where Harley's essentially the mastermind?

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

was it the one 

Reveal hidden contents

where Harley's essentially the mastermind?

Spoiler

Yes, I previously thought that was just something obvious they just inferred from the trailer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:
  Hide contents

Yes, I previously thought that was just something obvious they just inferred from the trailer. 

hmm yeah i sorta like that.

Spoiler

i just worry that people are dumb and turn on GÀR irl bc of what her character does :eli:

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

hmm yeah i sorta like that.

Reveal hidden contents

i just worry that people are dumb and turn on GÀR irl bc of what her character does :eli:

Spoiler

at some point we have to make peace with the fact that some people never mentally progress past the age of 12 and not worry too much about those scenarios 

• Haha 1

Where is Gaga?? I hope she breaks the silence with the single announcement!! :giantgrin:

I need their cover of what the world needs now is love right now :WAP:

1 hour ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

They wouldn't get suspended for that lol

• Like 1

I don't think Gaga is releasing a studio album before Joker anymore but here are my takes:

Gaga wouldn't perform better than Taylor 100%. Her base is just not as big as her cult.

Gaga would likely not perform better than Ariana.

Gaga might not debut as high but could perform as well as Cowboy Carter if it's really looking front-loaded dddd.

Gaga could fart onto 13 tracks and outdo Dua. No shade to her, Radical Optimism has only been an event to gay twitter.

Gaga could fart onto 13 tracks, reveal that she indeed murdered Lina Morgana, endorse Trump, and still outdo Katy.

Billie is a wildcard. Can't really tell.

Overall, this base tends to underestimate Gaga. She may not be as trendy as the likes of Ariana or The Weeknd but she's still an established force and the JFAD trailer reception proved that.

:giraffe:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aden said:

Gaga wouldn't perform better than Taylor 100%. Her base is just not as big as her cult.

sis Gar would be extremely lucky to debut with a quarter of Taylor's numbers this was a given

592da418eb98e_JackFalaheewithanAxe.thumb

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aden said:

I don't think Gaga is releasing a studio album before Joker anymore but here are my takes:

Gaga would likely not perform better than Ariana.

Gaga might not debut as high but could perform as well as Cowboy Carter if it's really looking front-loaded dddd.

Gaga could fart onto 13 tracks and outdo Dua. No shade to her, Radical Optimism has only been an event to gay twitter.

Gaga could fart onto 13 tracks, reveal that she indeed murdered Lina Morgana, endorse Trump, and still outdo Katy.

Billie is a wildcard. Can't really tell.

Overall, this base tends to underestimate Gaga. She may not be as trendy as the likes of Ariana or The Weeknd but she's still an established force and the JFAD trailer reception proved that.

:giraffe:

My expectations for a hit era are so low. I'm sure the music will be great, but I don't trust her team after the embarrassing rollout for Stupid Noise, and for picking it as the lead.

m0EgF7w.gif

• Like 1

I don't expect LG7 to be finished before JFÀD premiere, so let's not even talk about releasing it this year :celestial6:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Artur said:

My expectations for a hit era are so low. I'm sure the music will be great, but I don't trust her team after the embarrassing rollout for Stupid Noise, and for picking it as the lead.

m0EgF7w.gif

The roll out for Stupid Love was her best one yet, easily. It's just the song that didn't click.

44 minutes ago, Aden said:

Ok Nostradamus 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Janet said:

Ok Nostradamus 

Girl be real; Gaga is not going to outdo the biggest artist in the world out of the blue after an underperforming era and 4 years of radio silence on her music career :skull:

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Artur said:

m0EgF7w.gif

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more baffled I am by Stupid Love on all fronts.  Ultimately, the onus is Gaga to put out her best and not offer up something like that in the first place. I love her, but our queen has got to stop putting out cheesy tunes like that. :toofunny3: 

She can/will do decently with a bad lead single, but needs a hit lead single to do great. I get the sense that people (normies, not music snobs & stan twitter haters) want her to do well. She's talented, not overexposed, and people remember her music fondly. The Indie Sleaze nostalgia is eminent (and has lowkey already kicked off), she can benefit majorly from that if she wants to. I mean, she's literally the poster girl for it.

Edited by eleganceislearned
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Girl be real; Gaga is not going to outdo the biggest artist in the world out of the blue after an underperforming era and 4 years of radio silence on her music career :skull:

Did you mean after underperforming eras ever since 2013 with the exception for a soundtrack album? Like she's not even underperforming, she's doing good and definitely Chromatica did better than her previous two studio albums. Not that I disagree with the fact that Gaga won't outdo Taylor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.