Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

5 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Did you mean after underperforming eras ever since 2013 with the exception for a soundtrack album? Like she's not even underperforming, she's doing good and definitely Chromatica did better than her previous two studio albums. Not that I disagree with the fact that Gaga won't outdo Taylor.

Why must we reverberate this OGH'd logic? 

She smashed with ASIB and then underperformed with Chromatica. Cheek to Cheek was also a good performance, especially considering the project and the state of her public persona. I'm not saying she flopped with Chromatica but it very obviously didn't reach the full potential of what Gaga could've achieved (and can still achieve) after her game-changing rebrand that culminated in ASIB. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • Like 2

• Replies 146.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Really hope she starts teasing again next week or it's over. :weeps:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ONLY time Ratchy's choreo has ever worked

Poker Face you will ALWAYS be famous! 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

She smashed with ASIB and then underperformed with Chromatica. Cheek to Cheek was also a good performance, especially considering the project and the state of her public persona. I'm not saying she flopped with Chromatica but it very obviously didn't reach the full potential of what Gaga could've achieved (and can still achieve) after her game-changing rebrand that culminated in ASIB. 

It's not a OGH's logic, not at all. If anything, I think fans should move on and stop calling her latest studio efforts underperformances because she's been doing those numbers since 2013 and BTW wasn't exactly her best era longevity wise (back then at least) and she's doing just fine, if not better. ARTPOP, Joanne, C2C and Chromatica did very good, ASIB in between was a smash no one really expected but we got it and it's great, L4S was just a cute addition that didn't really flop but it wasn't on par with all of her most recent releases and it's the only album of hers that could be called out as a misstep in terms of commercial success (if we're counting jazz albums). 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

It's not a OGH's logic, not at all. If anything, I think fans should move on and stop calling her latest studio efforts underperformances because she's been doing those numbers since 2013 and BTW wasn't exactly her best era longevity wise (back then at least) and she's doing just fine, if not better. ARTPOP, Joanne, C2C and Chromatica did very good, ASIB in between was a smash no one really expected but we got it and it's great, L4S was just a cute addition that didn't really flop but it wasn't on par with all of her most recent releases and it's the only album of hers that could be called out as a misstep in terms of commercial success (if we're counting jazz albums). 

I mostly agree - her career is healthy and consistent (& she has potential to be 'bigger', which frustrates many in the base). However, I think that C2C only did great because post-ARTPOP, her hardcore fans really rallied behind her. With L4S we didn't have to do all that, she was in no danger of being Xtina-d. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, eleganceislearned said:

She can/will do decently with a bad lead single, but needs a hit lead single to do great. I get the sense that people (normies, not music snobs & stan twitter haters) want her to do well. She's talented, not overexposed, and people remember her music fondly.

I've always maintained that the public has been somewhat patient with her having bared Artpop, C2C, and Joanne. She also still has tremendous respect even after Chromatica didn't click too hard. The goodwill is there for Gaga to smash again. She just has to tap deep in her songwriting abilities that are still there and make great material again, and thankfully all signs point to her moving in that direction for LG7.

• Like 4

Now we understand why mother gave us nothing during Tramatica.:giraffe:

41 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

The fact that Gar fans consider Chrome an underperformance just goes to show how delusional this fanbase is (not you, just fans in general). Number one album with her biggest first week sales since BTW, Grammy winning, #1 single with a billion streams, sold-out tour, and her most acclaimed per Metacritic. By all measures, it performed the way her fans wanted it to, but fans can never just be happy. :rip: 

1 hour ago, Artur said:

My expectations for a hit era are so low. I'm sure the music will be great, but I don't trust her team after the embarrassing rollout for Stupid Noise, and for picking it as the lead.

m0EgF7w.gif

Gar once said she lets the label choose the singles, right? Gaga fans want her to stop listening to the "yes men" but in this instance she is listening to the "no men". IDK why she has always been okay with the label choosing. :rip: 

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sannie said:

The fact that Gar fans consider Chrome an underperformance just goes to show how delusional this fanbase is (not you, just fans in general). Number one album with her biggest first week sales since BTW, Grammy winning, #1 single with a billion streams, sold-out tour, and her most acclaimed per Metacritic. By all measures, it performed the way her fans wanted it to, but fans can never just be happy. :rip: 

Couldn't agree more. 

First Ozzy, now Watt. When will we hear from Gags? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Couldn't agree more. 

And she did it all without the onslaught of promo fans demand. 

It feels like Gaga fans want her to perform commercially the way Taylor is, but not even acts like Beyonce can do that. It is an impossible goal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

First Ozzy, now Watt. When will we hear from Gags? 

So thinking a bit on this and... he's claiming he recently finished and album and that he's in the middle of a project right now.

We know he recently has started following Madonna (or Madonna's manager, maybe both?) so this could the project he's in the middle of.

Or it could still be Gaga, but in that case, do we know whether he was working with other artists these past few months? If it was just Gaga we could assume the album is finished, but we probably have no way to make sure of that. 

• Thanks 1

Okay maybe he's finished with Gaga and that's why she isn't posting new studio pics

• Like 4

Gaga's last studio picture was like 25 days ago...I think she's probably finished, at least with Watt, not gonna lie.

Edited by Miracle
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nutitle said:

The ONLY time Ratchy's choreo has ever worked

Poker Face you will ALWAYS be famous! 

giphy.gif

This is my favorite performance from her ever. It's far from perfect but i love this dramatic version and her nasal vocals

20 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Okay maybe he's finished with Gaga and that's why she isn't posting new studio pics

Ok I'm excited :celestial4:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Gaga's last studio picture was like 25 days ago...I think she's probably finished, at least with Watt, not gonna lie.

Shes made bigger breaks than that since she started teasing so idk 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Shes made bigger breaks than that since she started teasing so idk 

She had only teased a bit by then tho. It has been constant since she started talking about LG7 being kept in a vault but no studio pics in the last 3 weeks and a half

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel in my body Gaga will tease us today in one way or another x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes we need to make it CLEAR

Chromatica didn't STRAIGHT OUT bomb at all, it's an underperformance but I think its full capacity would have been like 6-7M ww units...

• Like 2

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

He didn't say that at all, just said he was excited for the summer. But unless he's been working on other projects what he in fact said (that he just finished an album) could potentially mean LG7 is done, or at least his contribution to the album. 

will surpass both 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.