Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Why are YOU still here? 

Trash isn't gonna take itself out, we need an mod intervention 

 

:suburban:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

10 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

All the bad Applause takes.

 

anime-girl.gif

 

Only Gaga could make a song about Koons balls and IV catheters 5x platinum, bigger WW than recognisable hits like Paparazzi and still in her top 10 daily streamed songs a decade later.

 

"No one uses" my ass. 

Yeah, Applause is a hit. 

I think Applause was the right choice for the lead and did pretty good all things considered, I would have something to say about BTW singles choices/order but still I'm grateful for what we've got, Judas and You And I videos are two of her best.
Also Gaga usually follows an "old times" rollout for her eras and generally invest more on second singles, the one closer to the album release, rather than the lead.
Look at Poker Face or Telephone, a Beyoncé collab being huge these days and especially back in the day for a "new girl" (even if JD and BR were smashes).
Do What U Want also could've been way bigger but we all know how things went, there was too much controversy (and poor managment cause she didn’t have one that exact moment). Then Million Reasons of course (you may not agree with any choice regatdind Joanne but still you can see how they tried with that) and finally Rain On Me another huge collab crafted to smash (that they cut too short).

 

Note: I know some second singles were last minute changes and with BTW it was kinda of a double single thing as she released Judas and TEOG like three weeks apart (she even talked about that in interwies) which affected negatively both songs.

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Not that I disagree but Applause went viral on TikTok and its streams never went back to where they were before (it was barely in her top 20 daily streamed songs). This is why it’s sitting pretty in her top 10 now. And I love it.

It did? I haven't seen a trend with the song yet.

17 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

It did? I haven't seen a trend with the song yet.

Yes, it was months ago.

10 hours ago, scheibe said:

 

you can smell the jelaousy. if there is a piano, in a dance studio, theatre academy or whatever you can play it, she was just rehearsing that's why Lady Gaga is Lady Gaga...the fact that she say " i have a probl..." and stop yeah its your problem, you could not handle that studio.

Applause and Perfect Illusion >>> Stupid Larvae

Stache, Princess Die, and Red Flame would’ve been better leads than Applause. 

6 hours ago, MadMax12 said:

Venus or Gypsy would have done better than Applause and be far more remembered today 

I disagree,   I don’t think either of them would have been bigger than Applause at that time

I love Gypslay, but people will come for her again because of the title. Plus, releasing a collab with R. Kelly right after would be even a bigger mess than what we got. 

I did not just read that G*pslur would have been a good lead single from ARTPOP. :lmao:

Edited by Danes

Just now, Danes said:

I did not just read that G*pslur would have been a good lead single from ARTPOP. :lmao:

these people are OGHs in disguise there is no other explanation

2 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

Behold, the patient zero of OGHs.

 

U2mJ6mo.png

 

not patient zero :rip:

 

Z1FBNAj.gif

4 hours ago, DonnieDarko said:

Yes, it was months ago.

Wasn't it around holidays of 2021 when TikToks of celebrities at award shows with Applause in the background became a trend? 

 

OT: Applause is a quintessential Gaga song. Wouldn't change it for any other ARTPOP sing :heart:

when LG7 JFAD jazz lead debuts w GTA 6 trailer next week

 

spacer.png

Edited by hausofdave

The memes I keep seeing about that girl mentioning Gaga being annoying :deadbanana2:

  • Author

 

umm that's kinda bop, 2:20 onwards wew

 

They should release a new ARTPOP vinyl with this as the album cover for the anniversary. Would be easy money for them and I'm sure many fans would be interested.

 

d5242b112364607.6012e9c133c36.png 

A new color variant vinyl with a reworked cover is all I'm asking. I think it's the bare minimum but would be something, enough.

(also a cassette would be fantastic)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.