Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Dua is really going to teach how to deliver a good lead with Kevin Parker production huh? PIss wishes! 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

11 minutes ago, NicoleAMatty said:

You and I > Marry The Night

 

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).thumb.gif.8a7d0e294aae70e1bffaa923c5034d5a.thumb.gif.9520edf684ff2497b23873b67c0f635f.gif

You didn't lie but a lot of people will be mad in here

 

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).thumb.gif.8a7d0e2

 

TEOG is tooooo long to ever reliably be a streaming smash. I think its one of her best but even I don't even listen to it that much because its nearly 6 minutes long. If they cared about the streaming numbers, I think putting the radio edit on streaming could help it out some

Applause chorus isn’t melodic, it’s just lots of words jumbled together. Venus would have been a better lead 

Applause literally spent 14 weeks inside the Top 10 :ahh:I love Venus, but it might be even too polarizing as a lead.

I heard the #1, song next week will have less than 200 pt. What are the chances that she will release the lead to secure a #1

 

:suburban:

 

I want opinions from long time fans 

 

:suburban:

6 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

I heard the #1, song next week will have less than 200 pt. What are the chances that she will release the lead to secure a #1

 

:suburban:

 

I want opinions from long time fans 

 

:suburban:

0.00011%

16 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

Applause literally spent 14 weeks inside the Top 10 :ahh:I love Venus, but it might be even too polarizing as a lead.

Applause’s job was to become a signature Gaga smash like Just Dance or Bad Romance, and to get people excited for its parent album. It did neither. 

18 minutes ago, Jose Alberto said:

 

 

Is this insider trustworthy?? :duca:

no, but we should clown ourselves and go along with it. at least we'll have something to look forward to.

 

moo.png

Rerelease of GUY? With TWO rappers?  Yall have to do better than that :rip:

3 hours ago, MadMax12 said:

TEOG would be a career highlight if the professional video went ahead. The one we got is the result of not knowing what else to do

Ehh, I don't agree. I think the video we got was because that was exactly Gaga's vision, and she didn't think the original concept suited the song.

 

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Applause’s job was to become a signature Gaga smash like Just Dance or Bad Romance, and to get people excited for its parent album. It did neither. 

There's no song on ARTPOP that would have worked better as a lead single than Applause.

3 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

On an LM.com chat back in the day she said the original BTW singles lineup she wanted was

 

1. Born This Way

2. Marry The Night

3. The Edge Of Glory

4. Scheiße

 

Interscope were the ones that pushed for Judas and You & I. 

Judas was mishandled, it’s a GLORIOUS track and idk, something felt overwhelming at the time

 

TEOG should’ve been #2

Houdini sounds like a SMASH

 

poor auntie perfect illusion :rip: 

2 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Judas was mishandled, it’s a GLORIOUS track and idk, something felt overwhelming at the time

 

TEOG should’ve been #2

I feel like satanic panic in 2011 didn’t have the marketing effect it has today :rip:

1 minute ago, fauxtography said:

I feel like satanic panic in 2011 didn’t have the marketing effect it has today :rip:

I feel like the reaction was very “oh that’s not-“ but in a non-dramatic way, more like “let’s just ignore this stunt” 

 

The satanic panic mess has def been revived now with lil nas and sam smith, and qanon lol

21 minutes ago, Miichael said:

There's no song on ARTPOP that would have worked better as a lead single than Applause.

You don’t think any song on the album could’ve sold the album better??

Some of us won't like this, but... 

 

Spoiler

DJWS absolutely snappedT on Jewels 'n Drugs instrumental :WAP: We need more maximalist, over-the-top producers for LG7, bring him back :clap3:

 

Downvotes to the right I said what I said! :gaygacat6:

Original sex dreams demo with a weeknd feature would’ve GAVE as a 2nd ARTPOP single

 

titled “Last Night” instead so americans are less pearl-clutching about it

Edited by hétérosexuelle

20 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Some of us won't like this, but... 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

DJWS absolutely snappedT on Jewels 'n Drugs instrumental :WAP: We need more maximalist, over-the-top producers for LG7, bring him back :clap3:

 

Downvotes to the right I said what I said! :gaygacat6:

You're right and you should say it, JnD's instrumental is top notch, bummed that DJWS' instrumental breakdown from the iTunes Festival was cut because that was AMAZING :WAP:

57 minutes ago, Miichael said:

There's no song on ARTPOP that would have worked better as a lead single than Applause.

DWUW solo (without whatever other stench That Man added to it so that he’d be nowhere on the credits) with a video about her preparing to come back post-hip injury would’ve been fantastic :jonny3:

37 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

You don’t think any song on the album could’ve sold the album better??

Not really, I don’t see any other song on ARTPOP being radio and GP friendly enough to be the lead single. I guess G.U.Y. or DWUW were the other more radio friendly options, hence them both being chosen as singles but I don’t think either of them made sense as the lead. 

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

Not really, I don’t see any other song on ARTPOP being radio and GP friendly enough to be the lead single. I guess G.U.Y. or DWUW were the other more radio friendly options, hence them both being chosen as singles but I don’t think either of them made sense as the lead. 

If this is the case they needed to pick a different track from the ones recorded because Applause isn’t a signature Gaga hit and it didn’t generate interest in AP overall.

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

If this is the case they needed to pick a different track from the ones recorded because Applause isn’t a signature Gaga hit and it didn’t generate interest in AP overall.

Meh, I actually think Applause did fine. Artpop’s reception probably would have been similar even with a different lead because she had become so polarising and overexposed at that point in time

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.