Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

 

These are weird takes, imo. The Grammys have essentially become the VMAs so skipping them is no big deal. The Oscars, though, are still the ultimate, most prized award in the entire industry (globally), so skipping doe not make sense. I get she's busy and that's fine, but I would go out on a limb and say that it actually looks bad (to the Academy) for her to miss.

I feel the same! Specially when they already stated how much they would want her to perform there.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Bang Up said:

 

These are weird takes, imo. The Grammys have essentially become the VMAs so skipping them is no big deal. The Oscars, though, are still the ultimate, most prized award in the entire industry (globally), so skipping doe not make sense. I get she's busy and that's fine, but I would go out on a limb and say that it actually looks bad (to the Academy) for her to miss.

I mean I didn't say (and would never) that Oscars and Grammys are the same, but the nomination in song this year kind of feel like one of her usual Grammy noms.

 

Clearly it's not that she would skip out of laziness, she would have a valid excuse and it wouldn't be a bad look for her since, it would prove that her being committed to a job is more important than attending an awards event.

I do expect her to attend at the end, but we'll see, to me it wouldn't be a big deal if she doesn't.

The Weeknd Remix of Bloody Mary would be such a slay :jonnycat:

 

 

So if filming ends in April, what’s she gonna do for the next year and a half?

If Bloody Mary were to get a remix, which artist do you think would feature on it and elevate it (popularity/charts wise)?

 

This crossed my mind while listening to Die For You Remix. I know there's no chance in hell we get a remix, but it could be an interesting discussion. 

Just now, Aren said:

So if filming ends in April, what’s she gonna do for the next year and a half?

Her pop residency shows resume this year afaik. 

I really don't see any artist being featured on BM, it's a pure particular Gaga song, no other artist would fit in my opinion, the song would be ruined.

 

25 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

These are weird takes, imo. The Grammys have essentially become the VMAs so skipping them is no big deal. The Oscars, though, are still the ultimate, most prized award in the entire industry (globally), so skipping doe not make sense. I get she's busy and that's fine, but I would go out on a limb and say that it actually looks bad (to the Academy) for her to miss.

I should’ve clarified, an Oscar nomination for Best Song. Because all energy and focus will 100% again go into another Best Actress campaign for Joker 2 in two years time. 
 

This being her 3rd Song nomination, with already 1 win, is where the Grammy comparison came from. Along with still showing up to present last year (even after the snub), I think she’s in a good position with the Academy to not attend this year, being knee deep in production on a new film.

 

But who knows! We’ll have the final answer in the next few days I’m sure :celestial5: I do think in the end, she will attend and perform 

7 minutes ago, Aren said:

So if filming ends in April, what’s she gonna do for the next year and a half?

New pop show in Vegas, some weeks of rest most probably in between. They started working on Enigma and J&P shows roughly 7 months before the premiere of the shows (including stages, musicians, dancers).

Edited by DonnieDarko

25 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I mean I didn't say (and would never) that Oscars and Grammys are the same, but the nomination in song this year kind of feel like one of her usual Grammy noms.

 

Clearly it's not that she would skip out of laziness, she would have a valid excuse and it wouldn't be a bad look for her since, it would prove that her being committed to a job is more important than attending an awards event.

I do expect her to attend at the end, but we'll see, to me it wouldn't be a big deal if she doesn't.

2 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I should’ve clarified, an Oscar nomination for Best Song. Because all energy and focus will 100% again go into another Best Actress campaign for Joker 2 in two years time. 
 

This being her 3rd Song nomination, with already 1 win, is where the Grammy comparison came from. Along with still showing up to present last year (even after the snub), I think she’s in a good position with the Academy to not attend this year, being knee deep in production on a new film.

 

But who knows! We’ll have the final answer in the next few days I’m sure :celestial5: I do think in the end, she will attend and perform 

 

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. Although she does have a legitimate reason to skip, the Academy voters can be petty if they feel slighted and I don't want anything impacting her chance with Joker 2. If she shows up, kills her performance, and loses (which she will), it'll only add to the "she deserves it" narrative.

Edited by Bang Up

1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. Although she does have a legitimate reason to skip, the Academy voters can be petty if they feel slighted and I don't want anything impacting her chance with Joker 2. If she shows up, kills her performance, and loses (which she will), it'll only add to the "she deserves it" narrative.

I agree, she only has things to gain performing in 2 weeks time. And I’m sure Bobby and her know that. Hopefully we get the announcement this week

3 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I agree, she only has things to gain performing in 2 weeks time. And I’m sure Bobby and her know that. Hopefully we get the announcement this week

Imagine a simple paino-led HMH performance.

Honestly, since that guy from the Top Gun soundtrack died, she could even throw in a 'Take My Breath Away' tribute. :eli: 

Since no radio update was posted today, I'm assuming it was tragic and it's over

 

u1XWDxW.gif

8 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. Although she does have a legitimate reason to skip, the Academy voters can be petty if they feel slighted and I don't anything impacting her chance with Joker 2. If she shows up and loses (which she will), it'll only add to the "she deserves it" narrative.

It definitely won't be the case this year, that could have happened last year if she refused to present because she wasn't nominated, this year there's no much interest on the song category and on her at all, Gaga has been nowhere to be seen the entire season, 'Top Gun' has kind of flopped this awards season, it won't change anything if she doesn't attend this year, last year it was definitely more important attending and showing that she took the snub with class.

7 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Imagine a simple paino-led HMH performance.

I do expect that she's going to do that.

2 minutes ago, Leptine said:

It definitely won't be the case this year, that could have happened last year if she refused to present because she wasn't nominated, this year there's no much interest on the song category and on her at all, Gaga has been nowhere to be seen the entire season, 'Top Gun' has kind of flopped this awards season, it won't change anything if she doesn't attend this year, last year it was definitely more important attending and showing that she took the snub with class.

:coffee:

8 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Imagine a simple paino-led HMH performance.

Honestly, since that guy from the Top Gun soundtrack died, she could even throw in a 'Take My Breath Away' tribute. :eli: 

Right, I actually might prefer something more simple and stripped back for a performance. Especially cause she probably won’t have much time to rehearse and stage out anything elaborate. Gaga and a piano would be great :allears:

3 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

Since no radio update was posted today, I'm assuming it was tragic and it's over

 

u1XWDxW.gif

just slow

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Right, I actually might prefer something more simple and stripped back for a performance. Especially cause she probably won’t have much time to rehearse and stage out anything elaborate. Gaga and a piano would be great :allears:

It’s about time for Gaga to actually show the Academy that she’s Lady Gaga for a reason. Sure, the piano is a huge part of her artistry but the Academy didn’t really see her doing her main thing like at all. So a performance with flames, water and jumping like she did at The Chromatica Ball (there would be no breath control issues) would be much more appreciated tbh. She did acoustic and piano and jazz ever since 2014 with some exceptions for Chromatica and couple of other songs. But that’s just me.

When the Oscar's stage roof explodes and she arrives playing piano on a plane :jonny5:

I think she'll still show at the Oscars if just for the slim possibility that HMH upsets.

 

She'll perform if she's gonna be there anyway too so hihi :ihype:

3 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

It’s about time for Gaga to actually show the Academy that she’s Lady Gaga for a reason. Sure, the piano is a huge part of her artistry but the Academy didn’t really see her doing her main thing like at all. So a performance with flames, water and jumping like she did at The Chromatica Ball (there would be no breath control issues) would be much more appreciated tbh. She did acoustic and piano and jazz ever since 2014 with some exceptions for Chromatica and couple of other songs. But that’s just me.

Same here. Literally just adapt the Chroma Ball encore for the Oscars and it'd blow the roof off the place. The industry hags would eat it up :gaycat2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.